Dont take vote kick away.

septru

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's for ranked pvp I see your point, but for regulars you shouldn't be vote kicking them because they don't have no set bonus's or tactical's yet.

Tbh I wish BioWare would institute some sort of matchmaking system that evenly distributed low rating players in reg matches; too often I’ve seen half of my team below 280 whilst the enemy team are near enough full 306 and it is unbelievably frustrating to witness these players (most of the time new to the game) just get stomped by seasoned players, basically turning the match into a 4v8 (or if there is a system like that already in place then it sure isn’t working correctly).

Or at the least there should be a warning when players try to queue regs below 300 rating that they might prefer to gain more gear from running PvE content first and even give a pop-up for the groupfinder; I know that’s pretty much the same thing as denying players content but if they are genuinely new to the game then getting destroyed in PvP because they have a low rating along with low-skill is just gonna turn them off anyway.

Gear doesn’t matter as much as it used to but it’s still important, and the classic “skill>gear” argument doesn’t hold water when the player is new to the game.

Edited by Spintrec

Tbh I wish BioWare would institute some sort of matchmaking system that evenly distributed low rating players in reg matches; too often I’ve seen half of my team below 280 whilst the enemy team are near enough full 306 and it is unbelievably frustrating to witness these players (most of the time new to the game) just get stomped by seasoned players, basically turning the match into a 4v8 (or if there is a system like that already in place then it sure isn’t working correctly).

Or at the least there should be a warning when players try to queue regs below 300 rating that they might prefer to gain more gear from running PvE content first and even give a pop-up for the groupfinder; I know that’s pretty much the same thing as denying players content but if they are genuinely new to the game then getting destroyed in PvP because they have a low rating along with low-skill is just gonna turn them off anyway.

Gear doesn’t matter as much as it used to but it’s still important, and the classic “skill>gear” argument doesn’t hold water when the player is new to the game.

Maybe BW could have Devs play in the matches and guide new people through the objectives and be able to pause the match from time to time to explain what someone may be doing wrong or right. They could even create a safe closet off in the corner of the map for those people that are feeling overwhelmed by all of the chaos and senseless violence players are directing towards each other, to help foster an environment of safety and love <3

They have a match making system.

The problem is it doesn’t work and never has since they instigated it when they added cross faction.

What they need to do is get rid of the match making system entirely because no system was better than the rubbish we have.

Maybe BW could have Devs play in the matches and guide new people through the objectives and be able to pause the match from time to time to explain what someone may be doing wrong or right. They could even create a safe closet off in the corner of the map for those people that are feeling overwhelmed by all of the chaos and senseless violence players are directing towards each other, to help foster an environment of safety and love <3

If they wanted to then sure, I just want them to stop giving me all of the players with 140 iRating whilst the enemy team is full 306.

But hey, some players must just love getting absolutely stomped in PvP rather than grind out a few Hammerstation flashpoints to get some decent gear.

They have a match making system.

The problem is it doesn’t work and never has since they instigated it when they added cross faction.

What they need to do is get rid of the match making system entirely because no system was better than the rubbish we have.

I know they have some form of matchmaking (particularly with the spread of heals/tanks) but I've never been certain if that is also designed to spread out low iRatings for balanced teams.

In regards to scrapping matchmaking I've got to disagree; I remember the days when one team would have 3-4 healers and the other team would have none, they weren't fun (except for the deathmatchers that looooved seeing their high damage after the moshpit at mid to inflate their epeen)

Atleast now the game does a much better job of spreading heals/tanks around, enough so that I feel like it works pretty well in that regard.

I know they have some form of matchmaking (particularly with the spread of heals/tanks) but I've never been certain if that is also designed to spread out low iRatings for balanced teams.

Supposedly it does also take into account gear, and also some hidden rating of player skill. There's a yellow post somewhere in the history of the public test server forum were Eric describes this. But he never gave exact details, and the "skill" part they keep hidden on purpose so it can't be exploited I guess.

But I gotta agree with Trixie that it doesn't seem to work much at all. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's worse now, but it's definitely a rarity to have a game that's even remotely close. Almost all the time, one team is far "stronger" than the other. It doesn't mean the "weaker" team can't win, if they pull some tricks objectively, but it takes just that... pulling tricks objectively. And it also takes a weaker team that continues to try... which is even more rare than a balanced game in my experience.

It's one of the reasons why I liked ranked when I played a bit last season. I don't really worry about getting a specific tier or anything, but the games I found were a lot more balanced. It was not unusual at all for them to go all three rounds, and that made it fun even though arena is not my favorite map style.

And to swing it back around to the top of this thread... I quit as the result of a single vote kick action. For the most part, I got a fair amount of encouragement and advice. Some flak, but not much. I was by no means a "good" player, but I was improving (and I was fully geared for that era)... then that vote kick happened. It took the cooperation of 6 other players, because two maras on my team waited for myself and another steatlh to attack and die (because they listed the plan as "you two open, and then we'll come in - and they never had any intention of coming in), and then after we died those two and the four on the other side negotiated in /say to leave the two maras untouched while the vote kick went through. Then as someone else listed as one of their possibilities, I found myself getting spiteful. So I just stopped, because I don't like being so toxic myself. A failing of mine to be sure, but if not for that vote kick it would never have happened. Just one data point of course. Worth every penny you paid for it.

If they wanted to then sure, I just want them to stop giving me all of the players with 140 iRating whilst the enemy team is full 306.

But hey, some players must just love getting absolutely stomped in PvP rather than grind out a few Hammerstation flashpoints to get some decent gear.

So, your solution is for BW to force a certain population of the game to grind out a particular aspect of the game that they may not care to play otherwise, in order to get the gear that you feel they need so that you feel more secure being forced to play on their team? oh wait, you're not being forced to play on those teams are you?

Maybe PVP Reg life isn't for you.

In regards to scrapping matchmaking I've got to disagree; I remember the days when one team would have 3-4 healers and the other team would have none, they weren't fun (except for the deathmatchers that looooved seeing their high damage after the moshpit at mid to inflate their epeen)

Atleast now the game does a much better job of spreading heals/tanks around, enough so that I feel like it works pretty well in that regard.

The Matchmaking is based on player skill and not gear because you can queue naked and put your gear on when you enter the WZ. It is done that way to stop people from finding a way to exploit the matchmaking system to their advantage.

The problem is the so called “skill” matchmaking has never work or was never a proper indication on player skill. BioWare have also refused to explain parameters they use to do the match making. Which means it’s been impossible for us to test the system properly to make sure it’s not bugged.

Then add the fact that gear really does matter these days and you have a recipe for disastrous matchmaking because the system will see someone who only pvps to lvl as being higher skilled when they first get to lvl 75 and having low gear doesn’t matter.

So, your solution is for BW to force a certain population of the game to grind out a particular aspect of the game that they may not care to play otherwise, in order to get the gear that you feel they need so that you feel more secure being forced to play on their team? oh wait, you're not being forced to play on those teams are you?

The actual gear solution would be to fix it so gear and tech frags drop as much as they do from flash points. That way people could play the content they prefer

Yep, that’s exactly what I’m saying mate, spot on!

I’ve been playing regs since 2013, try troll harder ;)

Kicks kill the interest of solo ranked especially if we are full augment and bonus stuff. It is enough that a player takes another in the viewfinder is decided to kick it before the presentation of the rewards. What harms the player a lot and prevents him from doing and finishing his questsIt's stupid to prevent players from playing and get their reward. Kicks before the award ceremony is very common, bw should do a few things because it harms the game and the desire to rank

as mainly a pve player it's kinda funny to read all these examples that you guys are using where "votekick is abused", and I read them and think tbh that this is working as intended, this guy is ruining the gameplay for seven other players, if he acted in the same way in a flashpoint he would have been kicked from there as well

the votekick was created as a feature to remove people who ruin the gameplay experience for others and I think it's working great, if it was to be reworked it would have to include a rework of how the feature functions in flashpoints as well

Edited by RikuvonDrake

this guy is ruining the gameplay for seven other players

You would never take an undergeared player that doesn't know how to use their abilities into NiM content. Why is it different for ranked?

Anyways.... Last night on SF solo que a group of around 4 players all in the same guild called Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders entered ranked with the express intention of trolling, throwing, and ruining games. As the night went on most of the players in the que (even players on the other team) that wanted to actually playing realized that if they simply vote kick them we could continue with our games.

If you take vote kick away you give a green light to throwers like these to troll solo ranked.

If I understand your speak you use the kick to play with your friends and if new ones want to come you disgust them with the kicks function by abusing. I find that mean and unworthy. It is an elitist behavior that wants to play in its corner. Kicking players before they have received their reward prevents them from doing their weekly or daily quest. And if there were more ranked players it would go faster than waiting half an hour to have a match. Disgusted the players thus gives a bad image of the gameIf you think you are superior to a player for ranked solo or not you have understood nothing about video games. It's a pleasure, it's a mmo, not a sport game. We're here to have fun having fun doing quests. And if ******es kick players to prevent them from doing their quests bw should worry because it is their image that is at stake

You would never take an undergeared player that doesn't know how to use their abilities into NiM content. Why is it different for ranked?

Anyways.... Last night on SF solo que a group of around 4 players all in the same guild called Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders entered ranked with the express intention of trolling, throwing, and ruining games. As the night went on most of the players in the que (even players on the other team) that wanted to actually playing realized that if they simply vote kick them we could continue with our games.

If you take vote kick away you give a green light to throwers like these to troll solo ranked.

I was in a bunch of games with those people (up until 2ish when I went to bed). A few were undergeared and didn't belong in ranked, that's for sure. But did they actually say anything to indicate that they were purposely throwing games? For many players like that, it's just ignorance, not malice. I know at least one instance where a pt in that guild got kicked out of a game in which he actually played respectably. Their team even won a round if I remember it correctly.

And even if some of the people deserved their kicks, they kept queueing anyway. I saw some get kicked and they were back 10 minutes later. So what did vote kick accomplish? As always, extremely little.

For flashpoints, kicks make a lot more sense. You get rid of the problem person, and you'll get a backfilled replacement. In ranked, that doesn't happen. I've yet to see the case made for how vote kick actually alleviates the problem of throwers.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Kicking is an increasingly recurring problem in pvp ranked solo. Mostly demotivating people who have been kicked back. I don't know if bw has created a solo and team ranked mode for only a few players and prevent new players from coming to do their daily or weekly quest. If this is the case bw has created within its game an elite which has an elitist thoughtThose who do this have a restricted view of the game and its too elitist there is any level in a game. If ranked we accept that those who are considered the best and not alone who want to play then as much delete this game mode which is played by people who rale all the time

I was in a bunch of games with those people (up until 2ish when I went to bed). A few were undergeared and didn't belong in ranked, that's for sure. But did they actually say anything to indicate that they were purposely throwing games? For many players like that, it's just ignorance, not malice. I know at least one instance where a pt in that guild got kicked out of a game in which he actually played respectably. Their team even won a round if I remember it correctly.

You went to bed too early. 4 other players from the same guild came into que who literally stood in stealth the whole round, /laughed, **** talked everyone in the games, and blatantly threw. Towards the end of the night the GM of the guild after getting vote kicked several times for throwing threatened that he will pay everyone in his guild (which is btw a large conquest guild) 1 million credits to que solo ranked and throw.

And even if some of the people deserved their kicks, they kept queueing anyway. I saw some get kicked and they were back 10 minutes later. So what did vote kick accomplish? As always, extremely little.

Which is exactly why the que timer for being vote kicked should be extended to 15 or 30 minutes while at the meantime the requirements for vote kicking should be made more difficult to require 6-7 players to vote. This will 1) make vote kicking harder and rarer. 2) Make vote kicking meaningful and actually give legitimate players a process for weeding out throwers.

Edited by septru

Kicking is an increasingly recurring problem in pvp ranked solo. Mostly demotivating people who have been kicked back. I don't know if bw has created a solo and team ranked mode for only a few players and prevent new players from coming to do their daily or weekly quest. If this is the case bw has created within its game an elite which has an elitist thoughtThose who do this have a restricted view of the game and its too elitist there is any level in a game. If ranked we accept that those who are considered the best and not alone who want to play then as much delete this game mode which is played by people who rale all the time

Exactly what i think about.

oh yes, i definitely deserve to be kicked and banned from the queue for half an hour for no reason other than i dared queue a dps guardian.

thanks for reminding me why i have basically left swtor, and pvp in general.

oh yes, i definitely deserve to be kicked and banned from the queue for half an hour for no reason other than i dared queue a dps guardian.

thanks for reminding me why i have basically left swtor, and pvp in general.

That sucks.

They really need to remove vote kick already.

The simplest would be to remove this option which harms more and more the game and the community which is not part of the small restricted circle of be called pro ranked players. As soon as a group called pro sees one or more casu who come to do their weekly and daily they kicks and insults, this is the case on all servers. I have advised players against going to the ranks to do quests because of their stupid behavior. And what for conquest guilds makes points less when you see the conquest objectives. So if we can't make some conquest goal because of the bw kick kick, you should worry about it, because conquest is important for bw given the recent update.