Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Please do something before 2.0.

The proliferation of war-zone brackets will, based on current situation in Master Darnala, cause:

1. no war-zone pops for the first bracket (10-29)

2. no war-zone pops for the second bracket (30-54) after a month or so.

I really hope I am wrong...

Actualy this is a really good observation. The new brackets would be a death blow to pvp on master darnala. its bad now, more often than not. just another reason to deal with APAC server population issues sooner rather than later.

Edited by falcon_Xtreme

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from EricMusco: BioWare

" As you guys are aware we are exploring a host of different options. Many of those options from the thread we created previously asking for everyone's input. (and thank you for that, that feedback has been extremely helpful to us)

Although I don't have details for you yet, I want to assure you that we are talking about the APAC servers on a daily basis. As soon as we have those details nailed down and ready to go, you will have them.

I know this is a "more of the same" kind of post but it is the truth. We are very actively working on confirming up the details and I will tell you about them the second that I can. "

And there we go,i think his words are genuine,and soon things will change in better for us,so let`s be just a bit more patient guys :)

Musco is a good guy. So even though this problem is taking RIDICULOUSLY LONG to remedy, I have the strength to trudge on a little longer.

Just more of the same, really. It's good they at least responded - but lets be honest, the response is the same as every other response, just worded friendlier and more reassuring. No solution or time frame - 7 months on.

well it sounded a little postive to me, what i dont understand is they;ve had 7 months to plan a solution,i mean ***, 7 months?

When I think about it my head hurts. What kind of issues prevent you from taking action for that long?

At a guess - somebody would have to come over and do some work on this end? Might not be something they can do remotely.

Hoping we can get a fix soon... or just something to shut up the idiots who want to play 'shoot the messenger' because a CM dared make a joke in an unrelated thread.

Edited by Palar

Jesus Christ burgers 7 months to make a call?? its not like this is the Jedi Council or anything....Its not that bloody hard. Merge all 3 server into the PVE server.

Give people a cut off time frame to select toon's to move or lose them on the PVP and RP-PVE server. Obviously you will only be able to transfer up the maximum slots available.

That would be the best initial way to look at things. Then decide if the servers are still viable and if they are not then offer a xfer to American servers.

I think you have to do something quick ALOT of people are talking about Elder Scrolls Online.

Jesus Christ burgers 7 months to make a call?? its not like this is the Jedi Council or anything....Its not that bloody hard. Merge all 3 server into the PVE server.

Give people a cut off time frame to select toon's to move or lose them on the PVP and RP-PVE server. Obviously you will only be able to transfer up the maximum slots available.

That would be the best initial way to look at things. Then decide if the servers are still viable and if they are not then offer a xfer to American servers.

I think you have to do something quick ALOT of people are talking about Elder Scrolls Online.

Why would the apac players only be alowed to transfer up to the maximum slots available. the Americans and europeans had all their char moved to the remaining server.

At a guess - somebody would have do some work.

Hoping we can get a fix soon... or just something to shut up the idiots who want to play 'shoot the messenger' because a CM dared make a joke in an unrelated thread.

Just fixing your post.

Cmon guys "we have been waiting for 7 months line" is getting old.

They would of had established contracts with servers located here that they can't just tear up (prob a out in it but it would be at a massive cost)

Really this situation was only going to be fixed recently so stop having unrealistic expectations.

Eric's post i also felt was genuine and im prepared to give some more time.

Its not just like they can make a call and have it done. it takes time to write up new contracts,negotiate and all that.

I think the situation is not so simply as some of you stated,merging the PvE-PvP-RP server is going to be very difficult if not impossible,RP players like PvE and PvP players have a totally different approach to the game,i know this because i`m playing in a PvE server and a RP as well,when in the first type of server the people are rushing to get the laterst gear and after get familiar with Flashpoints and Operations tend to skip every single dialoge and shortcut all the contents,the RP players take a more patient and slow approach to the game,and of course the PvP server tend to speed up things as well.

so i don`t think that merge them would be good,easy to say here but very hard to handle,i`m my humble opinion we should let BioWare figure the best solution for all of us,let`s just wait a little bit more,anyway they stated that this is one of their primary issue at the moment.

Cmon guys "we have been waiting for 7 months line" is getting old.

They would of had established contracts with servers located here that they can't just tear up (prob a out in it but it would be at a massive cost)

Really this situation was only going to be fixed recently so stop having unrealistic expectations.

Eric's post i also felt was genuine and im prepared to give some more time.

Its not just like they can make a call and have it done. it takes time to write up new contracts,negotiate and all that.

Then they can say that then.... Nothing stopping them.

Then they can say that then.... Nothing stopping them.

This .........is correct and is exactly what they need to do..we're big people, we can handle the truth.

If they have to sit out a contract on their end then let us know.. "hey, our server contract is up in May?..April?...2016?.. and that's when we we'll fix it"... it gives us the option...of waiting or not...

... via the simple art of communication

I think the situation is not so simply as some of you stated,merging the PvE-PvP-RP server is going to be very difficult if not impossible,RP players like PvE and PvP players have a totally different approach to the game,i know this because i`m playing in a PvE server and a RP as well,when in the first type of server the people are rushing to get the laterst gear and after get familiar with Flashpoints and Operations tend to skip every single dialoge and shortcut all the contents,the RP players take a more patient and slow approach to the game,and of course the PvP server tend to speed up things as well.

so i don`t think that merge them would be good,easy to say here but very hard to handle,i`m my humble opinion we should let BioWare figure the best solution for all of us,let`s just wait a little bit more,anyway they stated that this is one of their primary issue at the moment.

This is true......but then it is true of any server already, there are people of all sorts on any server and we all find a way to get along. :)

I think the idea is that the massive benefits of a merge outway the very minor 'playstyle' concerns. Probably everyone would be so excited to be on a fully functional and thriving super server that it would be one big group-hugging happy family.

The only real difference i see between the servers is the pvp flag. This really is the only thing that needs any sort of attention in order to consolidate all 3 of our servers and keep everyone happy.

I've played WoW for years on both PvP and PVE servers and theres really no difference. Except sometimes i noticed the PVE servers tend to have a higher population than some PvP servers. Probably because you have to be alot more vigilant when you out in the world questing or levelling on a PvP server.

PvP, PVE and RP players might have different approaches to how the game is played but I'm pretty sure we can co-exist on one server fine and preserve our low ping instead of being spread out in small populations that make the game less than what we pay for.

Ok I don't fully understand the terms of the contract so I'm going to ask this as a question,

Even if there was a contract on the server, couldn't they still leave 2 servers dead and transfer everyone to 1 server? The same amount of money comes in to pay for all 3 servers, they will probably get more money because more people will be coming back and less people will be unsubbing because they haven't done anything.

Is this correct?

I wish there was something we could do, if they think I'm going to reroll then it's going to be on a private server cause there's no way I'm paying to start all over again for a year

Ok I don't fully understand the terms of the contract so I'm going to ask this as a question,

Even if there was a contract on the server, couldn't they still leave 2 servers dead and transfer everyone to 1 server? The same amount of money comes in to pay for all 3 servers, they will probably get more money because more people will be coming back and less people will be unsubbing because they haven't done anything.

Is this correct?

I wish there was something we could do, if they think I'm going to reroll then it's going to be on a private server cause there's no way I'm paying to start all over again for a year

It would be cheaper for BW to shutdown all of the APAC servers and transfers players to the west coast servers if looking at maintenance cost. However, BW also needs to consider the cost of transferring APAC players to west coast servers considering there isn't a automated system the cost might be higher than keeping players on APAC servers until the automated transfer system is up and running.

It would be cheaper for BW to shutdown all of the APAC servers and transfers players to the west coast servers if looking at maintenance cost. However, BW also needs to consider the cost of transferring APAC players to west coast servers considering there isn't a automated system the cost might be higher than keeping players on APAC servers until the automated transfer system is up and running.

But then they will lose 50% of the players because we can't play at a high end lvl with such a high ping, most APAC people will just move on to another game

How many Flashpoints have you run on Gav Daragon?

Slow and patient approach? Maybe on the first time running them, or if someone is after the component that drops from a specific boss, otherwise its skip as much of the content as possible, spacebar through the cinematics and just get to the end for the dailies.

Well at least thats how they run on the Republic side.

And there we go,you still presume that every Asian/Pacific players prefer to move in a west coast server,if they will force me to move there i rather leave my character,some of us want to move to a European server.

Edited by Marshal_Ney

And there we go,you still presume that every Asian/Pacific players prefer to move in a west coast server,if they will force me to move there i rather leave my character,some of us want to move to a European server.

Euro servers? are you nuts? seriously the latency is so bad for Oceanic to Euro you would be at such a disadvantage.