Immortal Juggernaut - DPS Gear - PVP

LunarFault

Recently I have been trying out this spec in PVP. I am in full Power + Surge + 300 Crit Obroan DPS gear, with might augments.

It has turned out to be fairly effective in WZ if you are yoloque. I am using a War Leader Shield Generator and built 38/6. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101GrR0ddrRrdGzZcRM.3

It has turned out to be pretty effective in everything on from best of 3 4v4 to normal wz matches. I have all the utility of a full tank jugg. Can still survive extremely well by rotating my defensive cool downs. I put out about 2/3 of the dps I did as a full veng jugg but have insane mobility with short cool downs on force push and leap.

Any juggs tried something like this? If so what were your thoughts.

Edited by LunarFault

well, if you want to do dps with more survivability, then maybe this is OK for you. but if you want to play tank as tank, then use endu heavy dps gear, dont use talents like dreadnaught and others dps related, focus on tanking (leaving dpsing to when you're able - your teammates are guarded/jumped, and opposing team is taunted, mezzed, slowed or stunned, and nobody is trying to kill your healer or squishy dps sin).

it's important question: if you want to make less dps than vengeance and have more survivability, or do you want to be responsible for survivability of your team (and immortal have HELL of a tools to accomplish that).

edit: also, if you want to play more tanky way, please check this build.

Edited by acid_s

If you play mostly unranked then go for the DPS gear with a focus on End and some Defense. Something like Guardian Armorings, Deft Mods and End/Defense enhancements.

Most groups are just not good enough to warrant a full tank and nothing will piss you off more than guarding a whole team of idiots for all your worth just to lose badly, ask most dedicated healers and they can probably relate, which is one of the reasons you see so many healer hybrids.

You might also want to consider dropping Intimidating Presence for Crushing Fist. Putting that armor reduction on people will boost your DPS as well as your team's. Ravager for 3/3 Accuracy or Decimate might be better as well.

Edited by Numerii

If you play mostly unranked then go for the DPS gear with a focus on End and some Defense. Something like Guardian Armorings, Deft Mods and End/Defense enhancements.

Most groups are just not good enough to warrant a full tank and nothing will piss you off more than guarding a whole team of idiots for all your worth just to lose badly, ask most dedicated healers and they can probably relate, which is one of the reasons you see so many healer hybrids.

You might also want to consider dropping Intimidating Presence for Crushing Fist. Putting that armor reduction on people will boost your DPS as well as your team's. Ravager for 3/3 Accuracy or Decimate might be better as well.

I'll keep that all into consideration. I feel full tank is near worthless in a WZ, if it's not Huttball. You are ignored most the time if they see you as a Soresu fighter, unless they jump you 2-3 and you are alone. I play that build same way as I would play a full tank Jugg. I just catch people off guard because I am not hitting like a wet noodle, but can put out decent damage.

I focus on the controlling abilities that Juggs have. It plays just the same but I am also able to dps. In 1v1 it was really good. Although I have gone back to playing full vengeance because 99% of the people in solo que are full number ******* with 0 interest in employing objective based playing, of the WZ.

That is the main reason I have made the decision to leave my server and give up the Legacy stuff. I'll be transferring, on the 1st, to either The Bastion or Bergeren Colony.