How many games do you have on a STRIKE fighter?

Verain

Inspired by the amazing numbers in:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=772270

How many games do you have just on strike fighters? If possible, break it down by type (type 1 strike is the Starguard/Rycer/TZ-24, type 2 is the Pike/Quell, type 3 is the Clarion/Imperium).

Also if possible, what percent of your total games are on strikes?

All these numbers are a bit foozly, because you can and will play multiple ships. But I know that strikes have a special part in a lot of hearts as being similar in character to X-Wings, while also generally considered a bit undertuned, and as such a lot of folks have strong opinions on them.

Type 1 Strikes: About 370 games.

Type 2 Strikes: About 250 games.

Type 3 Strikes: About 200 games.

Percent of total games on a strike: bit more than 30%

Some fun facts:

> My percent games on Republic is only a bit higher than Empire, BUT...

> My strike percent on Republic is around 35%, and on Empire closer to 25%. This is almost assuredly because of how cool the Republic Strikes look comparatively.

> There are four skins for Type 1 strikes, and my numbers on a Starguard are high, on a TZ-24 Enforcer pretty low, on a TZ-24 Gladiator high, and almost abysmal on the Rycer. I know I don't like how the ship looks, but like:

> I have played a Rycer on Bastion (my main server) in 12 games, and it was mastered for almost all of those dozen games. Meanwhile, my Gladiator is complete and has plenty of games.

> I have played a Rycer on Ebon Hawk in 14 games. I don't have a Gladiator on EH. That ship is definitely not mastered, but it still comes in higher than the Bastion Rycer, which is wild (less than 10% of my total games are on EH, after all).

> My Type 2 Strike games are way more represented on characters around before the barrel roll nerf, which really ownfaced this ship in my opinion. My alts either lack this ship or have no games on it, while my Republic Bastion (Verain) has had it complete for quite some time, and it was a very early mastered ship for me. 30% of my Type 2 Strike games have been on a Quell, the rest were on a Pike.

> My Type 3 Strike games are pretty evenly split betwixt faction, but it's largely divided amongst my Republic Bastion Clarion (probably the coolest ship, in my opinion) and my Ebon Hawk Imperium, with my Empire Bastion Imperium having just a few dozen games. The EH Imperium has been tactically more useful (plus that server had strike nights, but that isn't many games for me) than the Bastion Imperium, but the Clarion I think gets the play because it's so damned cool.

> I play repair probes a decent amount on my Type 3 Strikes (but not always- I definitely have a lot of games with Remote Slicing, and several with Combat Command). I have healed for 113,106 on Ebon Hawk and 201,332 on Bastion, for 314,438 total. I do wish I could break that down on a "per game with repair probes" basis.

Total Battle Republic Main Bastion: 1550

T1 Strike Games 103

T2 Strike Games 774

T3 Strike Games 239

Total Bastion Republic Strike Games: 1116

Total imperial Main Bastion: 405

T1 Strike games: 72

T2 Strke Games: 36

T3 Strike Games: 39

Total Bastion Imperial Strike games: 147

Total Games 1955

Total Strike Games 1263

Around 75% games in Strike fighter, large majority in T2 Strike.

This does not include any of my alts which would have several games in T1 Strikes, or any of the Strike night strikes on EH. This is just my mains. The Imperial Side has less everything because I pretty much just mastered it and havent played on it much. I played a Lot of Bomber and GS on it to get achieves (play x so many times and healing medals and the like)

T2 Strike was my main ship for a long time and I still play it as often as I can, trying to find a way to make it as deadly as it used to be, but as Verain noted.... that Barrel Roll nerf HURT.

Edited by tunewalker

I'll go with flown time since it's absolute and then in parenthesis matches :

Starguard : 1d 16h 56m 45s (309)

Pike : 21h 32m 13s (170)

Clarion : 11h 39m 28s (93)

Rep overall : 5d 19h 11m 48s (941)

Rycer : 6h 48m 44s (49)

Quell : 2h 36m 30s (23)

Imperius : 2h 05m 53s (16)

Imp overall : 22h 50m 40s (142)

---

Starguard : 29.42% of Rep time

Pike : 15.47% of Rep time

Clarion : 8.38% of Rep time

Rep Strikes : 53.29% or Rep time

Rycer : 29.82% of Imp time

Quell : 11.42% of Imp time

Imperius : 9.18% of Imp time

Imp Strikes : 50.42% of Imp time

Strikes : 52.86% of total time

Edited by Altheran

Hmm...

T1 strikes : 454 games

T2 strikes : 442 games

T3 strikes : 70 games

All strikes : 966 games

All GSF : 2721 games

so ~35% strike fighter flying time.

As noted by everyone, T2 strike was way more awesome before Barrel Roll got nerfed. Doesn't that beg the question... what if only the T2 strike had a Super Barrel Roll which was like oldschool Barrel Roll? Would that make it competitive? Most of my T2 strike matches were flown pre-BR-nerf.

I don't fly the T3 strike much because it handles like a brick and I don't have a lot of fun in it, but I am trying to learn to love it nonetheless. Slowly. It -is- pretty great in domination matches.

- Despon

Edited by caederon

As noted by everyone, T2 strike was way more awesome before Barrel Roll got nerfed. Doesn't that beg the question... what if only the T2 strike had a Super Barrel Roll which was like oldschool Barrel Roll? Would that make it competitive? Most of my T2 strike matches were flown pre-BR-nerf.

In my opinion, it's more of a general problem with current Barrel Roll.

Every ship that use Barrel Roll suffers from the same problem than a T2 Strike (unless they use DF, because DF a trump card)

I think they should take a second pass of balancing on them (regardless of ship).

It used to be ridiculously good, now it's (almost) bad.

I'd say the energy cost move was likely a good move, the CD thing, maybe not so much.

(Hey, anyone thinking we should speak a bit about Engine maneuvers, not only BR ?)

In my opinion, it's more of a general problem with current Barrel Roll.

Every ship that use Barrel Roll suffers from the same problem than a T2 Strike (unless they use DF, because DF a trump card)

I think they should take a second pass of balancing on them (regardless of ship).

It used to be ridiculously good, now it's (almost) bad.

I'd say the energy cost move was likely a good move, the CD thing, maybe not so much.

(Hey, anyone thinking we should speak a bit about Engine maneuvers, not only BR ?)

Let's NOT bog this thread down with Balance BS, lets put that in other threads. Dig up Verains suggestion thread and put it there.

Let's NOT bog this thread down with Balance BS, lets put that in other threads. Dig up Verains suggestion thread and put it there.
Sorry, but questions leads to answers. I couldn't just ignore it.

I was actually asking if people are willing to speak about it, preferably in a new thread (because I'm not the type of guy who initiate a debate thread if there aren't people to debate beforehand), but I forgot the italic part.

But no, the thread you pointed is no good either. There you can discuss his suggestions, say you agree or not, propose changes/tweaks, but it's unfitting to start a new debate about something particular as maneuvers.

Edited by Altheran

Sorry, but questions leads to answers. I couldn't just ignore it.

I was actually asking if people are willing to speak about it, preferably in a new thread (because I'm not the type of guy who initiate a debate thread if there aren't people to debate beforehand), but I forgot the italic part.

But no, the thread you pointed is no good either. There you can discuss his suggestions, say you agree or not, propose changes/tweaks, but it's unfitting to start a new debate about something particular as maneuvers.

I will start one later. It will have some to do with this and some of my own opinion I dont have time to start it right now though.

I've got 492 strike games total, which is about 76.6% of my overall games. Most of the non-strike games happened before the first half of Jan 2014.

Type 1 269 games

Type 2 158 games

Type 3 78 games

I may be missing a few games from alts that I don't think of as GSF alts.

My stats are by far the best on my current Pike (43 games), though I think that's a matter of tending to fly it during games where I feel that the map and the team composition are 'friendly' to the Pike. It's earning requisition at a rate about 20% higher per game than the equivalently geared Clarion and StarGuard that I'm gearing as a group. It's also a matter of people who let me land proton torpedoes on their battlescouts, which is something that still baffles me.

Another peculiar thing, on my current GSF main Starguard damage per battle is almost double my previous GSF main's. Hard to tease out how much of that is experience, and how much is the combination of balance changes, and switching from Quads-Directional-Turning to Ion-QuickCharge-Regeneration.

In the same period, I believe I have over 200 flight hours in various DCS modules, clearly GSF is not my top ranked flight combat choice. It's hardly a fair comparison though, in GSF there's no way to do a night landing in a thunderstorm, with strong crosswinds, an engine on fire, and substantial portions of your control surfaces shot off.

Aside from X-wing nostalgia, a lot of my strike favoritism comes from the strikes having the most airplane-like handling of the GSF classes.

T1: 416 games

T2: 31 games

T3: 91 games

Strike Total: 538

Total: 1337 games (:cool:)

40.24% of my games in strike fighters.

I've mastered both Star Guard and Rycer but fly them alot less now because there are simply better options out there. They're essentially "mercy ships" or "fun ships" for me now.

The T2 is just weak, for a variety of reasons. I didn't get the chance to fly it pre-BR nerf, but now BR is certainly not a draw--arguably a drawback, especially as most of the alternatives are lacklustre. It would get more playtime if it had either of the two currently best engine manoeuvres.

The T3 is good if you have a good team, but not so much when solo queuing. With the right team composition, it's the best strike currently, in my opinion.

Edited by MiaowZedong

T1 Strike - 389 games

T2 Strike - 374 games

T3 Strike - 293 games

Total Strike Games - 1056

Total Games - 3137

So about 1/3 of my games are in Strikes.

Agree on the BR nerf and the T2. I used to like to engage at around 4-8K meters in the T2 while running concussion/proton. I used BR to help create and maintain that spacing. With the nerf, I'm just trying to squeeze whatever I can out of F3 and Quick-Charge Shields, and I rarely use either BR or KT offensively. Wish it had at least power dive.

Well at this point now I want to know not only strikes but my %'s for all ships so I'm going to get a little crazy and do them all ^^

Rycer/Starguard: 374 (8.42%)

Quell/Pike: 381 (8.58%)

Imperium/Clarion: 554 (12.47%)

Strike Total: 1309 (29.48%)

Blackbolt/Novadive: 295 (6.64%)

Sting/Flashfire: 854 (19.23%)

Bloodmark/Spearpoint: 208 (4.68%)

Scout Total: 1357 (30.56%)

Mangler/Quarrel: 477 (10.74%)

Dustmaker/Cometbreaker: 187 (4.21%)

Jurgoran/Condor: 111 (2.5%)

Gunship Total: 775 (17.45%)

Razorwire/Rampart: 532 (11.98%)

Legion/Warcarrier: 351 (7.9%)

Decimus/Sledgehammer: 116 (2.61%)

Bomber Total: 999 (22.5%)

Total of all added up 4440 (which is different then total games by the way, because you can play more then one ship in each game)

Those are some really interesting percentages, I would have never guessed I only played 17.45% of my games as gunship. I also had no idea I played that much strike fighter.

Across the board, the Clarerium inflates strike fighter playtimes, which is the only strikefighter with a valid niche. Not to mention the Clarion is the answer to our Xwing fantasies, a bit like a Tiger II. But even then its no super unicum like a Stingfire.

Pikes are statpadder division so no surprise seeing that more often but the T24... is a potato. I have one because I rp a bit and the T24 is the ship ferrying us to all our fps and ops, thats why I have one. I managed to make a dogfighter with longer reach, using armor piercing heavies and concs, but in the end its a slower and MORE FRAGILE stingfire in exchange for a slightly higher reach.

I will need to log and check my stats, but I do know all my games in the last 2 weeks have been in a stingfire, maideemer and rampwire.

I decided to include only my mains because we all have some strike fighter exp. on leveling alts etc.

starguard/rycer - 170

pike/quell - 86

clarion - 13 (no imperium yet lol)

Total - 259 Probably like 300 if I included all of them.

So 300 out of 1400 or matches. You can do the math cus I can't lol.

I decided to include only my mains because we all have some strike fighter exp. on leveling alts etc.

starguard/rycer - 170

pike/quell - 86

clarion - 13 (no imperium yet lol)

Total - 259 Probably like 300 if I included all of them.

So 300 out of 1400 or matches. You can do the math cus I can't lol.

30000 divided by 1400 = 21.42%

First, your colors suck.

(Drakolich requested that I change 'your' to 'you're')

Now that we have gotten that out of the way...

Phytia:

Star Guard: 215

Pike: 360

Clarion: 146

Anastasie:

Imperium: 196

Rycer: 144

Quell: 275

Rest:

Not even going to bother. Dementia's strike fighters have amazingly high K/D, damage, accuracy and W/L. But that's on The Ebon Hawk, soooo.........................

Edited by TrinityLyre

Total numbers only on Red Eclipse:

T1: 321 matches.

T2: 3 matches.

T3: 0 matches.

Total matches on Strike Fighter: 324.

Total matches: 324.

Hell yeah.

P.S. Unfortunately, I lost my stats from T3-M4... It was about ~450 Strike Fighter matches.

Edited by Sergeant_Boss