Long, straight hair. Nothing else to it.

Don't get me wrong, the longer styles that we have right now are not bad.

That said, I'm not too big on the large and curly hair we currently have. The ones with the braids aren't bad, but they're not really fitting for my characters, personally.

I would absolutely love to just have simple straight and flat hair available. Nothing else to it.

Like this, just reference material. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a9/4f/af/a94faf2f76ce194f24c1e42ddb7e3cf3.jpg

It's not a really demanding suggestion in my opinion. Because it's so flat and straight it's probably unlikely that it'll clip alot. But I'm not certain.

So long as it is available to both males and females, I support it.

I agree.

That'll clip like no tomorrow. But I'd like that. Something like Nina Dobrev's hair would be great. Though I wouldn't mind if they were a little bit curly.

A clipping problem with collars, mostly. But otherwise it's probably not too bad.

It doesn't have to be too long if it contributes to the clipping issue. If it falls slightly over the shoulders, I'm happy. :)

That'll clip like no tomorrow. But I'd like that. Something like Nina Dobrev's hair would be great. Though I wouldn't mind if they were a little bit curly.

Torgruta is going to clip like hell as well yet people seem to ignore this and still get overly hyped, can't wait to read everyone's complaints when a lot of people run into clipping issues with CM armour.

Don't get me wrong, the longer styles that we have right now are not bad.

That said, I'm not too big on the large and curly hair we currently have. The ones with the braids aren't bad, but they're not really fitting for my characters, personally.

I would absolutely love to just have simple straight and flat hair available. Nothing else to it.

Like this, just reference material. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a9/4f/af/a94faf2f76ce194f24c1e42ddb7e3cf3.jpg

It's not a really demanding suggestion in my opinion. Because it's so flat and straight it's probably unlikely that it'll clip alot. But I'm not certain.

as much as i would love long hair, i think it would look weird if it didn't flow like hair should. if i remember correctly, the problem with that from beta was the fps hit comps would take to render all that moving hair. if they could find a way to do it properly, i would happily pay for it

Edited by kingshaneo

as much as i would love long hair, i think it would look weird if it didn't flow like hair should. if i remember correctly, the problem with that from beta was the fps hit comps would take to render all that moving hair. if they could find a way to do it properly, i would happily pay for it

Alot of games feature long hair where it doesn't flow. (Especially mmo's and that's understandable) It's not exactly the most realistic but it's acceptable IMO. It's something I myself could easily overlook.

SWTOR already has some hairstyles which would also flow otherwise in terms of realism (pigtails, the other longer hairstyles), looks a bit odd if you pay attention to it but I myself would get used to these limitations without any complaints. Granted, it might be a tad more obvious with what I'm suggesting, but I find that it's reasonable despite the limitations.

Edited by Ferrykeizer

• 2 years later...

I am necroing this thread because I would still like to see it in game. They gave us the wavy partially straight hair with the new Chiss pack we got in Cartel. But I would still like to see just long straight hair. No clips, braids, pony tails, just long and straight. You could even do a version with a side sweep bang,

Oh and when you are going to fix the Leia buns so they match colors properly? Probably never.

Anyway - long straight hair. That's all.

Some samples from my GW2 characters.

Simple below-the-shoulder wavy.

Long (small of the back) straight with two strands in front of the chest, blonde.

Same style, seen from further back, dark purple.

Long Norn style, small of the back, with tight waves and a colourable bandana up top.

Straight shoulder-length (same length behind).

Just shorter than shoulder length, tight waves, slightly tousled, blonde. The characters do blink on the character-select screen, as you can see here.

Here I'm teasing you. Dark green short. Yes, they are leaves. She's a Sylvari, duh.

And yes, the long styles clip like [REDACTED] with bulky armour and with back-carry weapons.(1) And they move nicely as you move.

This one is from Guild Wars 1. The two strands move in the *wind*. (Stand somewhere windy, and they blow off on a diagonal angle.)

(1) The longest back-carry weapons are longer than your character is tall, and all back-carry weapons except shields are carried diagonally, so there's no way you're going to avoid them clipping long hair.

I'd just really like it if you could colour the 'cinnamon buns' of the Princess Leia like hairstyle the same colour as the rest of the hair. I hate that they stay brown when the rest of the hair is red, blue or blonde or whatever. It should all match up.

But yeah, I support long hair, and other new styles.

Edited by Lunafox