Lag in WZ's

Lirtoo

When I started playing PVP two years ago, I had no lag at all. The lag started gradually during this year so I thought my computer needed a clean re-install. But that didn’t help. Any ideas what it can be?

My system is:

Intel Core i7-4930K

16GB RAM

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 780 3GB PhysX CUDA

Internet - 100 Mbps

I didn't know that it was possible to have a lag free SWTOR warzone experience, certainly not within the past two years or so. The game has been running poorer and poorer over time in my experience as well. I don't think it's just you.

Some maps are worse than others.

The two worst for me are

1. Odessen (absolute rubbish lag)

2. Makeb Arena

The others have random lag, especially if there are lots of classes with tonnes of visual effects. ie Sorcs.

What is the worst is ability activation lag.

Two things to do to help mitigate this.

Have almost graphics settings on low. ie, no shadows, grass and trees at minimum.

Also try some of the things from this web site. I've found there is a small improvement.

http://www.speedguide.net/articles/gaming-tweaks-5812

I didn't know that it was possible to have a lag free SWTOR warzone experience, certainly not within the past two years or so. The game has been running poorer and poorer over time in my experience as well. I don't think it's just you.

That's due to the continued tweaking and changes to the graphics settings.

I'm currently logged in to the game on this IP 159.153.69.53. Running Ping plotter and the connection is stable and sits at about 205ms, which is good for me. There are no lag spikes in Ping plotter, but when I look at the in game server lag, it's jumping all over the place.

Lag spikes up to 400ms and bouncing continuously between 225ms and 330ms. It doesn't stop or stay stable. In pvp it's worse and I'm respawning dead because I had half health and then I was dead. Im teleporting all over my screen and so are others. I'm dying because things aren't activating. I'm missing crits and final blows because of lag. Force push works about 20% of the time. Stun breaks don't go off, Med packs and stuns don't work.

All of these things happen at the worst time, like stopping a capper, or scoring in Huttball. The worst is against operatives and sins.

i7 4970k @4.5 OC

Asus formula MB

16Gb G.Skill ram

Samsung 850 Pro SSD's

Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 8gb

Corsair water cooling

1200w Enermax gold psu

3x Asus 24" monitors 1080x5760

As you can see, it's not my PC.

I also have fibre connection

Bioware fix the damn servers

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I'm currently logged in to the game on this IP 159.153.69.53. Running Ping plotter and the connection is stable and sits at about 205ms, which is good for me. There are no lag spikes in Ping plotter, but when I look at the in game server lag, it's jumping all over the place.

Lag spikes up to 400ms and bouncing continuously between 225ms and 330ms. It doesn't stop or stay stable. In pvp it's worse and I'm respawning dead because I had half health and then I was dead. Im teleporting all over my screen and so are others. I'm dying because things aren't activating. I'm missing crits and final blows because of lag. Force push works about 20% of the time. Stun breaks don't go off, Med packs and stuns don't work.

All of these things happen at the worst time, like stopping a capper, or scoring in Huttball. The worst is against operatives and sins.

i7 4970k @4.5 OC

Asus formula MB

16Gb G.Skill ram

Samsung 850 Pro SSD's

Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 8gb

Corsair water cooling

1200w Enermax gold psu

3x Asus 24" monitors 1080x5760

As you can see, it's not my PC.

I also have fibre connection

Bioware fix the damn servers

I have similar issues. When i would run ping plotter i would also ping the server and gateway in cmd and it would always show intermittent packet loss at 100% near one or two of the hops close to the servers. I've had my ISP come out and test my lines and everything was great on my end, it was just something faulty along the path to SWTOR and out of my ISPs range. pretty lame.

I have similar issues. When i would run ping plotter i would also ping the server and gateway in cmd and it would always show intermittent packet loss at 100% near one or two of the hops close to the servers. I've had my ISP come out and test my lines and everything was great on my end, it was just something faulty along the path to SWTOR and out of my ISPs range. pretty lame.

Let me guess, those two hops with the packet loss are level1 ip hops?