Bolster: PVP Gear Pointless.

Destructionerz

It doesn't really help that the brackets are really upsetting when i'm on my lowbie that's level 33 and doesn't do quite as much damage as a level 53 with almost every single ability and skill tree -.-

But then theres the Bolster that makes the PVP seem pointless because expertise is implemented so why the h*ll should we even bother working hard for awesome gear that every MMO looks forward to to outgear there opponents?

Its really upsetting because I remember the good times in MMORPGs that it was rewarding when you steam-rolled players that you outgeared because you EARNED and worked HARD for it. Bolster ability takes away the pleasure in PvP all day longgggggggggggg

"Oh look, another QQ thread about Bolster"

Sorry for speaking for half of the community -.-

I tend to agree.

When i was 54 i was being outdamaged by lvl 40's who crit bigger and hit harder.

Whats the point of leveling up and earning gear/mods?

the weak should suffer, its the way of things. You cant have power until you earn it

I tend to agree.

When i was 54 i was being outdamaged by lvl 40's who crit bigger and hit harder.

the weak should suffer, its the way of things. You cant have power until you earn it

Exactly. Those who have put in more work SHOULD perform better. It only makes sense. System was fine before anyways

Well.... those who put more work into becoming beasts in pvp DO perform better.

Yeah I don't understand why bolster is required to even it out though. In pre-55 pvp, a level 30 shouldn't be as strong as a level 50. In 55, someone in high end pve gear shouldn't be as strong as someone in high end pvp gear.

Yeah I don't understand why bolster is required to even it out though. In pre-55 pvp, a level 30 shouldn't be as strong as a level 50. In 55, someone in high end pve gear shouldn't be as strong as someone in high end pvp gear.

If pve heroes enters wz for the first time of his life and try to compete with veteran pvpers, they will get steamrolled. PVP now is much more about skills than gear. You'll have to get used to it. That doesn't mean you should just pvp in green gear though. You won't get 2 shotted but it isn't the optimal gear for pvp. Read the bolster guide in my sig and you'll see what's the best gear for PVP.

Edited by Darkshadz

I tend to agree.

point? just play pvp for fun, there is no need to grind gear ... ppl play pvp for fun in wzs, the dont need comms/gear ...

I forgot to add something: the augment glitch is still around so you might get destroyed by a few players exploiting it. It should be fixed on tuesday. Apprently "90% of the players" on Harbringer are exploiting that glitch. Apparently. Can't say the same about Bastion but it might just be me being blind XD

It doesn't really help that the brackets are really upsetting when i'm on my lowbie that's level 33 and doesn't do quite as much damage as a level 53 with almost every single ability and skill tree -.-

But then theres the Bolster that makes the PVP seem pointless because expertise is implemented so why the h*ll should we even bother working hard for awesome gear that every MMO looks forward to to outgear there opponents?

Its really upsetting because I remember the good times in MMORPGs that it was rewarding when you steam-rolled players that you outgeared because you EARNED and worked HARD for it. Bolster ability takes away the pleasure in PvP all day longgggggggggggg

"Oh look, another QQ thread about Bolster"

Sorry for speaking for half of the community -.-

OH LOOK, ANOTHER QQ THREAD ABOUT BOLSTER.

Oh, and the bit about you not doing as much damage at level 33 is wrong.

I hit 9k mauls on my 36 Shadow and I hit like maximum 8k when my Assassin was 54.

PvP gear works at 55. Level up and stop making stupid threads.

Exactly. Those who have put in more work SHOULD perform better. It only makes sense. System was fine before anyways

I'm confused. Why is this an issue? A level 54 will have more of their skills, more skill points invested/earned than a lvl 30-54. Is this not advantage enough? On top of that advantage, you want a gear advantage, because your not able to rock the WZs anymore, as its more skill based? Pvp gear should just be for aesthetics if they really wanted to balance out pvp and make it fair for everyone. Not everyone wants it balanced is seems though, Some want an advantage over folks who have a life outside of the game and cannot grind 10 hours a day for gear just to have fun and be competitive in a video game.

Bolster isnt perfect, but its alot better than the gear gaps through all the old patches we lived through. These threads complaining about bolster all come down to one thing: folks that used the gear gap pre-2.0 had started to believe they had elite pvp skills. once the gear advantage was removed, there was shock and anger amongst these folk, as they could not compete like they use to. They have to blame someone, as they refuse to believe that perhaps they were not as good skillwise in pvp as they thought and need to l2p to get better. So they point their fingers at bolster and say "That meany lvl 20 merc just killed me! He should have been disintegrated in 1 shot but he killed me! This bolster thing is broken! If i had my gear advantage, this would not have happened!"

I predict that once the bolster topic dies down, and everyone adapts, they will be a whole new round of posts about 'this xx is exploiting" due to some of these folks that could not adapt, skill-wise to the real skillful people in pvp.

• 3 years later...
when has getting good PvP gear ever taken a long time in this game? same with wow for that matter. a couple of nights to get more or less on par and then what a week to really optimize it? might as well remove the factor altogether and leave gear progression to raiding. Besides this game hardly has the numbers for long arduous old style rpg pvp gear grind anyway. it would just descend into having that one premade with top tier meta gear and a whole lot of rage quitting. Edited by collapsegen