Gemini MK-3 7 piece bonus set

modulate

I have all 7 pieces with bonus. Trying for the MK-5 set. Can I take the mods out of the mk-3 set and place in a adaptive set and not loose the bonus? Will the quality of the adaptive set itself not be as good as the MK-3 set?

I just get tired of placing MK-10 slot everytime I get a better Armor. What is the best route to go?

I have all 7 pieces with bonus. Trying for the MK-5 set. Can I take the mods out of the mk-3 set and place in a adaptive set and not loose the bonus? Will the quality of the adaptive set itself not be as good as the MK-3 set?

I just get tired of placing MK-10 slot everytime I get a better Armor. What is the best route to go?

The set bonus is attached to the armorings, not the shells, so it transfers along with the armorings if you rip them out and put them somewhere else, but bear in mind some important points:

* It's cheaper to buy an augment kit and carve a new augment slot, then transfer the augment than it is to transfer three 246-purple (GEMINI MK-3) or 248-yellow (GEMINI MK-5) to a new armour piece.

* You can only transfer set-bonus armorings to the same armour slot (head=>head: OK, head=>chest: not OK).

* It's even cheaper to create the look you want in an Outfit Designer tab than it is to transfer the mods to a visually-appealing set.

* The set bonuses are specific to each class/discipline and do not mix, nor do they work on other classes except for the mirror class/discipline (e.g. Gunnery Commando <=> Arsenal Mercenary)

* There is no difference in performance between an orange moddable shell, a purple rare-drop moddable shell, or any colour of Command Crate pre-modded gear piece(1). All the stats, aside from a small amount of armour rating that depends only on the effective weight of the armour, come from the mod-objects you put in it.

Therefore the only reason to bother transferring the MK-3 pieces anywhere is if you want to give them to another character of the same class/discipline or the mirror class/discipline. For that you'll need legacy-bound armour pieces (see the Adaptive Gear Vendor in the Supplies section of the Fleet, and buy the ones with a shield icon on them), but the same-slot rule still applies, so you'll need a full set rather than just one piece.

If you don't care about transferring the mod-objects to other characters, give yourself a nice look in Outfit Designer and save credits by transferring the augments.

(1) Green, blue-in-orange, purple, or yellow.

Very good explanation. Knowledge I needed and Knowledge I received. Thank you for your time in compiling that reply. Off to the Outfit Designer I go and leaving with deep pockets of credits.

Cool, no problem. One thing I left out: Outfit Designer tabs are the numbered tabs on the side of the character panel ("C") - the unnumbered tab with an icon a bit like a small human figure is your real gear. By default you get one, but you can click the "+" tab to add more, up to a total of 16.