The 3 Rakata Superweapon Space Stations

Rohanshot

During the Foundry flashpoint, Malgus gives some background on the Foundry after capturing the Republic Cruiser. He explains that the Foundry was just one in a series of stations that could "change the course of nations". One xenoformed planets, while the other built fleets of ships (the Star Forge). And of course, the foundery produced endless armies of droids. The Moff that you're with recognizes them as "the Star Forges"

TL: DR

The Foundery: Builds massive armies of battle, extermination and hunter-killer droids.

The Star Forge: Built huge fleets of ships

*Unknown 3rd Station*: Xenoformed(terreformed)planets

There are a few questions I have however. First I thought there was only one Star Forge and that was the one from KOTOR. Where did these others come from? And also whats the deal with the Unknown Space Station (the one that could xenoform planets)? I've never heard of it. Does anyone have a link to it perhaps?

Edited by Rohanshot

I guessed I missed that part that explained all that in game :(. But assuming you're right about what it said, the issue with there being only one Star Forge is easily explained. Throughout the Kotor story, they assumed that there was only one. I'm sure Revan and Malak both knew about the others (Revan obviously did), just no one who would be willing to give you answers that knew them would be willing to talk about it. So, in the end, you just never stumbled across that info.

The Mother was a prison for a Rakata entity and besides if the Sith Empire knew of the Mother do you think they would have tried to free her?

I Thing BW is playing a bit loose with the Rakata story lines.

Personally i cant see why the Rakata would need more than one Super station if the Star Forge could produce Droids as well as star ships, and the Star Forge was able to sustain life as Malak has Jedi Prisoners when you eventully defeat him.

The Mother was a prison for a Rakata entity and besides if the Sith Empire knew of the Mother do you think they would have tried to free her?

I Thing BW is playing a bit loose with the Rakata story lines.

Personally i cant see why the Rakata would need more than one Super station if the Star Forge could produce Droids as well as star ships, and the Star Forge was able to sustain life as Malak has Jedi Prisoners when you eventully defeat him.

Actually I'm pretty sure that the Empire would do exactly that.

Or maybe, you know...send 4 random guys check the station.

The Foundery: Builds massive armies of battle, extermination and hunter-killer droids.

The 3rd station might be a reference to Centerpoint Station.

Centerpoint Station was supposedly built by the Celestials.

According to Wookieepidia there's at least one source (The New Essential Guide to Alien Species) that says it was built by the Rakata and there seems to be some possibility that the Rakata are the Celestials. I haven't played that FP so I don't even know if Malgus atributes all of the stations to the rakata.

Edited by Asrei

the third station is Belsavis...

no real information, just a guess from all the secrets contained within it, and that the planet appears to some people as a giant machine

That is actually quite plausible and it does make sense. But so far it doesn't have a function except as a prison unless ive missed something there???

According to Wookieepidia there's at least one source (The New Essential Guide to Alien Species) that says it was built by the Rakata and there seems to be some possibility that the Rakata are the Celestials. I haven't played that FP so I don't even know if Malgus atributes all of the stations to the rakata.

Rakata came after the Celestials.

Rakata came after the Celestials.

plus, the Celestials [at least as far as we know] never tried to take over the Galaxy or really screw with cultures [short of creating the Corellia System] whereas the Rakata & the Infinite Empire conquered part/most of the Galaxy and FUBAR'ed Tatooine turning it from looking like Naboo (and similar type planets) to a never ending desert along with spliting the inhabitants into half Sandpeople and the other half into Jawas.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
the third station is Belsavis...

no real information, just a guess from all the secrets contained within it, and that the planet appears to some people as a giant machine

this does make sense. during the sith inq story you meet a machine called 'the mother' that creates new species. the machine admits to making the twi'lek, zabrak, and many others. the rakata used the mother to try and find a way to cure their force illness.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I remember from KotOR 1. When you find the Star Map on Kashyyyk, the interface computer tells you that it was placed there to monitor the terraforming of the planet (Or something like that, it's been a while since I played K1) I wonder if this 3rd station is the same station. And I've had this weird theory that the space station (AKA The Mother) in the "Riptide" novel was an early incarnation or prototype of the Star Forge built by the Rakata.

Could be that the Centerpoint station within the Corellian Sector would be station number 3.

Uses the force to operate and can only be activated by a Force user.

The EU isnt clear on that, but many things point into that direction.

Could be that the Centerpoint station within the Corellian Sector would be station number 3.

Uses the force to operate and can only be activated by a Force user.

The EU isnt clear on that, but many things point into that direction.

It's not Centerpoint Station.

In FOTJ, Centerpoint is revealed to have been built by The Father, Son, and Daughter, to contain Abeloth.

Edited by Velaran

"He said no mortal mind could know everything, and the last thing he wanted was to become a Celestial."

―Feryl on Jacen Solo.[src]

By the modern age, little was known about the Celestials. Only vague references to the ancient race remained, their appearance unknown, yet it was stated that they had possessed incredible knowledge.[14] These were beings of astonishingly powerful and held a malleable form.[5] One theory held that they were a group of discorporate entities who had perhaps merged themselves with the Force thousands of generations earlier and continued to guide the fate of the galaxy ever since. Those that believed in this view held that the Celestials were a higher order of intermediaries whose powers were beyond the understanding of mortal beings.[13] The Killiks claimed that the Celestials were in the Force and that the Force users known as the Ones were what Celestials became in time. The Thuruht hive were unsure on whether the Celestials were the kind of beings to hold a plan. Ultimately, they believed that the Force was the dominion of the Celestials and when their power was usurped then the Bringer of Chaos emerged.[7] It was claimed that no objects were more spectacular than those created by the Celestials. They were known for their demonstrable and nearly immeasurable level of power.[1]

Their technology was said to had been able to move entire star systems with the Rakata's being almost on par with it.[14] Leftover machinery of the Celestials, such as Centerpoint Station and the Cosmic Turbine, had the ability to manipulate gravity on a interplanetary scale. This was done through the use of tractor beams, repulsor pulses and hyperspace wormholes.[1] The gravitic tractor seen on Centerpoint was, in theory, able to move planets or suns and capable of either collapsing or destroying entire solar systems.[9] The hyperspatial anomaly that bisected the galaxy was considered easily within the capabilities of the Celestials.[6] The destructive energy of an Infinity wave was based on Celestial principles.[1] The suspected Celestial machines on Kessel included an antenna-like super electromagnet that, when activated, spun with such a force that it ripped off the other devices in the caverns from kilometers away and dragged them towards itself as part of a self-destruct process.[9]

Joiner Raynar Thul claimed that when the Killiks created the Maw, they used the Force to change the state of matter. Leia Organa Solo was skeptical of this claim, accounting for the Killik's muddled sense of history and wondering whether this was more likely a trait of their Celestial masters.[8] In actuality, the Killiks had created the Maw under the instruction of the Son and the Daughter, members of The Ones who joined the hive mind and lent the hives their knowledge and their enormous power in the Force. It is believed that after they completed their labors, the siblings left the hive mind and somehow removed the Force powers that they had shared with the hive.[7]