Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

i miss star wars :(

LordSathra
12.16.2015 , 01:02 AM | #1
i miss star wars

MopSopS
12.16.2015 , 05:20 AM | #2
But.. its never been gone and the new movie is absolutely amazing everyone is saying, so I'm happy

Cbaoth
12.17.2015 , 08:50 AM | #3
The new movie is everything but amazing. My face was marked in horror, as I watch this abomination yesterday. I am still trying to find words of how horrible this was. it was a mockery of SW at best..

I think that the people who think this movie is awseom, like me, saw the trailers and thought "wow..j.j, might actually have done it"..and now that they have seen it, they refuse to accepts the truth. And the truth is, that this movie should never have been done.

I find myself missing George Lucas, and to be honest, I would rather sit down and watch an edited version of SW:TPM where only Jar Jar's scenes are included, than watching this filth again.

My fan boy heart bleeds for saying this, but it's the honest truth.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body”

Master-Nala
12.17.2015 , 09:54 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cbaoth View Post
The new movie is everything but amazing. My face was marked in horror, as I watch this abomination yesterday. I am still trying to find words of how horrible this was. it was a mockery of SW at best..

I think that the people who think this movie is awseom, like me, saw the trailers and thought "wow..j.j, might actually have done it"..and now that they have seen it, they refuse to accepts the truth. And the truth is, that this movie should never have been done.

I find myself missing George Lucas, and to be honest, I would rather sit down and watch an edited version of SW:TPM where only Jar Jar's scenes are included, than watching this filth again.

My fan boy heart bleeds for saying this, but it the honest truth.
That might be a bit extreme. I think it's exactly what I expected, a Disney movie. Entertaining but hardly groundbreaking. I don't think we'll be quoting this film 30 years from now like we do Yoda in ESB.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

RRZZRR
12.17.2015 , 11:43 AM | #5

My fan boy heart bleeds for saying this, but it the honest truth.
Do you really have to say this in every thread? Majority of people liked the movie.
I haven't seen it yet but for example, my friend from other country is the biggest star wars fan/nerd, he knows almost everything about expanded universe, and he thinks the movie was amazing. And no, he is not refusing to accept something. So please stop imposing your opinion, it's just an opinion, not the "truth".

Kaedusz
12.17.2015 , 11:53 AM | #6
That's exactly how i will feel about the film after i watch it. I have foreseen it.

Wulftun
12.17.2015 , 12:05 PM | #7
If the movie wouldn't be star wars it would be rated 4,5/5 but because it's star wars ppl have very mixed feelings about it. General public (95%) thinks it's great movie and so do i. I think the most haters have read the non-canon books and for reasons wanted something from the books.

Spoiler

Characters are likeable and plot is good. And the movie looks and sounds amazing.
4/5
Anjí
So you mad and that makes you right, right?

Cbaoth
12.18.2015 , 02:21 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RRZZRR View Post
Do you really have to say this in every thread? Majority of people liked the movie.
I haven't seen it yet but for example, my friend from other country is the biggest star wars fan/nerd, he knows almost everything about expanded universe, and he thinks the movie was amazing. And no, he is not refusing to accept something. So please stop imposing your opinion, it's just an opinion, not the "truth".
Pfft..are you from forum police?
Can you be more of a hypocrate? You want me to shut about my opinion, yet you and your friend can go on talking about yours!

Just because a friend of yours like the movie, and knows alot about star wars, does not make this movie good and certainly not amazing. Besides knowlegde of the EU is pretty useless in this context.
What I am saying IS the truth, from my point of view. Yes it is absolutely my opinion, and I am pretty sure I am entitled to have one, and so does your awesome EU professor friend..even you can have your own opinion lil' fella,

And if choose to, I will use my right to talk about this, on every damn thread being created about it.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body”

Garravesh
12.18.2015 , 05:05 AM | #9
Star wars is done and gone the way of the dodo bird....

Lucas gave up or retired to let a new batch of story tellers bastardize the movie and AHEM re imagine it.

JJ Binks and his ST and SW endeavors are the stuff of legends......every geeks dream to direct SW and ST....he frakked em both up IMO.

ALaggyGrunt
12.18.2015 , 05:13 AM | #10
I don't have any plans to watch it for a pretty good while.