BoP crafted gear and dropping the skill...

MykalDay

Can anyone confirm that if I have crafted Rakata belt/bracers and DROP synthweaving I can or cannot wear it anymore? I keep hearing differing stories.

You absolutely can. That goes for the artifice Rakata Relic as well. The only time you wouldn't be able to wear something is if it has a crew skill restriction on it, like the Rakata Biochem ones that require 400 Biochem.

You absolutely can. That goes for the artifice Rakata Relic as well. The only time you wouldn't be able to wear something is if it has a crew skill restriction on it, like the Rakata Biochem ones that require 400 Biochem.

I would say it's only a matter of time before all Rakata crafted gear requires the crew skill to wear.

I would say it's only a matter of time before all Rakata crafted gear requires the crew skill to wear.

Yes. As it should. And then this will come back and bite all those people who are crew skill hopping in the 4$$. Who will of course come here and QQ about how unfair it is.

Yes. As it should. And then this will come back and bite all those people who are crew skill hopping in the 4$$. Who will of course come here and QQ about how unfair it is.

Oh yeah, I'm really gonna complain about spending a measly 200k and less than 2 hours on each crew skill considering you can make 200k a day just doing dailies at 50. :rolleyes:

I've already got my money's worth and I'm more than happy with my choice considering I've already made it all back and am reaping the benefits of having a crit Rakata Relic, crit Rakata bracer/belt, and Rakata Medpack/Adrenals/Stim.

On the subject though, I highly doubt that Bioware is dumb enough to add the requirement to each of the crafted Rakata pieces after seeing the problem that it caused by just adding it to the Biochem ones. The only thing it would serve to do is making people do the math on which crew skill's Rakata gear is of the most use(probably Armormech/Synthweaving) and everyone goes to that crew skill. It will be no different than people being Biochem now, it will just be a different profession. If they don't have any restrictions you just see people grind up the professions to get the BOP gear and then end with a profession they are actually interested in crafting with.

Either way it doesn't effect me. If they are dumb enough to add the restrictions then credits are so easy to come by I can go whichever crew skill is going to benefit me the most and easily replace the gear I can't use anymore with HM Operation gear I already have. If they remove restrictions then I will just go the crafting profession I want to use to craft.

They probably won't make you have to be the profession to wear the Rakata belt and bracers since they can be obtained through raiding as well. That is a nasty bug waiting to happen. Adding augment slots to orange gear is going to make synth and armormech very rich indeed.

Honestly, it might not even be possible for them to add a restriction to them. If the crafted ones use the same IDNum as the ones from the vendor, any change to one would change the other.

Sure, they could create a new item for the crafting one, but I'm not sure how they could retroactively change only the ones that were crafted. Since its equivalent gear to the vendor ones, as opposed to unique gear (as in Cybertech and Biochem), you're probably safe.

They probably won't make you have to be the profession to wear the Rakata belt and bracers since they can be obtained through raiding as well. That is a nasty bug waiting to happen. Adding augment slots to orange gear is going to make synth and armormech very poor indeed.

Fixed. Critted orange gear with augment slots will DESTROY the armor skills, unless they do something more than simply add a chance of critting to every orange piece of equipment. You can make orange gear with ~30 skill. Using ~1k credits worth of materials. And that will last you the rest of your career. As is, if you want the benefit of augment slots, you have to keep buying better/more expensive/harder to make gear that is more appropriate for your level.

I'd argue it's only a matter of time before either better stuff is craftable that isn't BoP, or the Rakata stuff loses it's BoP. (Though if rakata is available from vendors, the former is probably more likely. As somebody else said, probably same item as the vendor version, and probably wouldn't want to make THAT version BoE too.)