Crew skills for a ghetto gunslinger!

Saporah

Hello, I have been leveling up armstech (with scavenging and investigation) because being able to craft guns seemed like a logical choice for my slinger.

However I have been thinking about the upgrade system and how so many people are just modding "Flashy" all the way up (I was dumb enough to NPC sell mine while under the impressions that empty of mods gear still has different base stats...:() and so I felt that I really won't need to craft my own guns since I already have plenty of oranges ones - is this correct or did I miss something?

If it's true that armstech is really a waste of time what crew skills would you recommend for making money? I tend to always be poor in games. I've no idea what I do wrong, it's not like I'm not willing to grind things out, I just always end up ghetto and broke some how, lol, so crew skill choice could make or break me!

What do you think I should do?

Good question. I took up armstech too because I thought like you did, that later on the stats on the un-modded guns would be different. Luckily I didn't sell "Flashy". I too am wondering if its worth leveling up that skill at all...

So far my Smuggler has a lot more money than my Jedi Knight. Probably because my Jedi is a few levels higher and those skills start costing a lot around level 20.

I think I'll wait a while on leveling up armstech or maybe change to cybertech...

I too just found out that all the orange items have the same stats, and I also sold Flashy the other day. :( But luckily I went to a vendor the next day and found Flashy on the buy-back tab. :) You might want to check and see if it hasn't been too long for you as well.

Anyway, there is still a reason to go with Armstech for guns as the barrel (power tech) is the main stat booster for guns. That is what ups the Min/Max damage. The other mods just boost your character stats (cunning, aim, endurance) or add crits, etc.

For my gunslinger I chose to go with cybertech for the mods, and salvaging as that's the main gathering skill. Underworld trading is the main mission skill, but I chose slicing instead as I thought it fit my character better (he's a cyborg) and I'll use the extra credits to buy any of the material I could have got from UWT.

I hope that helps a little.

I too just found out that all the orange items have the same stats, and I also sold Flashy the other day. :( But luckily I went to a vendor the next day and found Flashy on the buy-back tab. :) You might want to check and see if it hasn't been too long for you as well.

Anyway, there is still a reason to go with Armstech for guns as the barrel (power tech) is the main stat booster for guns. That is what ups the Min/Max damage. The other mods just boost your character stats (cunning, aim, endurance) or add crits, etc.

For my gunslinger I chose to go with cybertech for the mods, and salvaging as that's the main gathering skill. Underworld trading is the main mission skill, but I chose slicing instead as I thought it fit my character better (he's a cyborg) and I'll use the extra credits to buy any of the material I could have got from UWT.

I hope that helps a little.

It does help, thanks. You're right if the barrels upgrade the orange then it's like I'm giving myself new or better guns anyways.

What I ended up doing is dropping investigation for slicing to help with money and am just using scavenging and reverse engineering to get my mats for armstech.

What do you think I should do?

Selling Flashy isn't the end of the world, or of orange guns. There are several perfectly serviceable blaster pistols for sale at the commendations vendor on Coruscant.

Edited by Rhudian

• 1 month later...