Oh look... we've lost again

TheLoneCollector

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't make a pre made? Republic on my server are so good and they steam role pugs all day. If I don't go in as a pre made I don't even think of a win. If I do, it's a bonus and I'm Empire.

Usually do run with my mates in matches, usually a group of 4, but sadly we're matched against mostly BM's and fully decked out champ gear imps. See way more purple lightsabers and blasters than I do teal on our side.

Its not the fact we're out skilled, its that we're out geared. Wasen't like this before Ilum was fixed.

What server are you on?

Sith Wyrm (PvE). My guild was assigned to it, yes the name can change everything when it comes to server Pop but we were up to the challenge. It was great at first, than people started getting gear. Now we can only win if imps crash.

The ratio in Ilum is 2:1 ops groups. Farmed to death.

Edited by TheLoneCollector

I wish i was on your server... my teams are always duds and we lose everytime...

grass is greener my friend

Yes, the grass IS greener. I remember several years ago I got mad on loosing lots of battlegrounds in WoW on Alliance. So I got myself an undead rogue and started to do some PvP. Suddenly I was winning a vast majority of battlegrounds. I rememeber well the feeling of entering a new BG with a thought "yep, we are going to win again".

You can't make a pre made? Republic on my server are so good and they steam role pugs all day. If I don't go in as a pre made I don't even think of a win. If I do, it's a bonus and I'm Empire.

Same situation as on my server (Fa'Athra). My guild estimates that since 1.1 the Republic has won at least 70% of the 50s matches here, and that is probably a conservative estimate. The Empire has even stopped queueing for games recently because of their constant losses. I actually wish it was more competitive because now the Republic gets nothing but huttball game after huttball game. There are some good players on their side; we just don't seem them enough.

Yes, the grass IS greener. I remember several years ago I got mad on loosing lots of battlegrounds in WoW on Alliance. So I got myself an undead rogue and started to do some PvP. Suddenly I was winning a vast majority of battlegrounds. I rememeber well the feeling of entering a new BG with a thought "yep, we are going to win again".

Ah but hate the idea of waving the white flag, and joining the winning side. Seems kind of a cowards way out IMO.

Ah but hate the idea of waving the white flag, and joining the winning side. Seems kind of a cowards way out IMO.

That is why I do not plan to join the Empire.

My romance with Horde in WoW was brief and I got back to Alliance anyway due to guild friends and PvE we were doing. But I got my share of Horde PvP and it was certainly better from Alliance one.

Edited by Aweus

Your concern is valid, now watch the select few who happened to luck out on semi-balanced servers say everything is fine, little realizing the games future is based not on them but rather everyone.

This guy's right. Having an imbalance in numbers makes WZ which have set numbers go in favour of the side with more overall numbers.

Republic players are more skilled, which is why they lose.

Sith Wyrm (PvE). My guild was assigned to it, yes the name can change everything when it comes to server Pop but we were up to the challenge. It was great at first, than people started getting gear. Now we can only win if imps crash.

The ratio in Ilum is 2:1 ops groups. Farmed to death.

My server is the opposite not that we never get a win but we are out-geared REPS are very hard to kill....

Same situation as on my server (Fa'Athra). My guild estimates that since 1.1 the Republic has won at least 70% of the 50s matches here, and that is probably a conservative estimate. The Empire has even stopped queueing for games recently because of their constant losses. I actually wish it was more competitive because now the Republic gets nothing but huttball game after huttball game. There are some good players on their side; we just don't seem them enough.

It makes you wonder if the Emperials suddenly got better or due to the faction imbalance are getting geared faster from the Ilum dailies. The faction imbalance issues reverberate throughout the game because of how horrible Ilum is as a concept.

Ilum just needs to be shut down. Everyday its up, more Emps get gear over Republics that are rolled.

on our server, we are finally catching up gear wise, but it can still take 2 days to complete a daily (today I've had 3 wins not count, and 2 matches lost because right tower in alderaan ticks twice). The matches are getting closer and more enjoyable, but the fact the daily requires a wins is silly, should be based off. "played 6 warzones or 3 wins or 21 medals earned" something that means even if you lose you gain something, in fact to get my daily I normally get enough comms to buy 2-3 bags

It's kind of like that over on my server. There's a Repub premade, fully geared and coordinated that stomps warzones from morning to night. Took me six hours to complete my daily today. I got 3 commendations for my effort. And enough warzone commendations to buy a few PVP heal pots.

Every match I'm paired with the same imperial friends, and we have skill, but somehow we weren't lucky enough to level up to 50 and start the grind before the gear acquisition and valor nerfs.

I ramble, but honestly, six hours is too long to work on any daily. Devs need to have mercy.

If this were real life yes. But it's a game. There are no cowards, and there are no heroes in pvp. Just people.

Come to Starstorm One - republics win 90% of the time. Imperials struggle, even with premades. We have some seriously skilled pubs. Or just really stupid imperials.

But that's the problem. Every server will start to have major imbalances if players just reroll to the server with the faction imbalance in their favor.

What needs to happen is addressing the issues with Ilum and the dailies. On imbalanced servers, the dailies for Ilum are completed faster for the faction that has the higher ratio of players. In essence, Ilum, the way it's presently conceived, gives a bonus to zergs and faction imbalance. What Bioware needs to do is recreate Ilum as an instanced area that balances the factions. But even that might be too late with certain factions having way too much gear over other factions.

Ilum is in essence a poorly conceived idea that was hastily tossed into the game to get people excited. Redo it Bioware.

Edited by Dranzen

idk on my server which ever side I decide to play on normally wins lol.

seriously though I have good luck with pugs on the prophecy of five server.

still an imbalance of 3 imps to one rebel it feels like.

Edited by Naserick