Warzone AFK

Ruzena

He was clearly not AFK since he even wrote you back.

Sure he didn´t help to win the warzone but it´s clear he didn´t use a bot. Nothing you can do about it. I think he just want to farm a little valor/gear, so why even bother with him?

Maybe not afk but thats why we call them a leechers, they do nothing the whole match but sucking up the points they receive for doing nothing as he said his score was 0-0-0-0

Edited by joranvdsloot

if someone is at the keyboard, then there's nothing anyone can do about it. They pay to use the servers, and if they want to spend their time in a tiny window pressing space occasionally, then that's their right.

BUT

If they are running into a corner and using a macro to perform emotes to stay connected, this is a totally different matter and fully against the TOS.

This game like most such games has different levels of support, im guessing some people cant be arsed with paperwork and decide not to take action on AFKers, don't put up with this.

These players negatively affect you in such a way that you cannot do anything about it. There is no PVP solution to this problem, not if they are on your team. And with 8 players in a team, even a single player down makes a BIG difference.

I've seen a guy who was afk (I had reported him earlier) actually receive the ball, which lost us the game as it was 1 all and into the last few minutes.

The fact he took no moves to defend himself gave the ball to the opposition who then won.

Anyway, long wall of text, basically, keep reporting them, enough reports will show up and eventually they will take notice if only to shut you up.

I play on Infinite Empire republic side and every single day it is either Bensolo or Leaprock AFK in the WZ's. How do I get teamed up with them every single match? I even leave que for a bit and try and join a different group but no. They are always there. Its not just AFK, they will actually move, straight to a turret if on CW and do a base attack if an enemy is near. I know its a bot but so far Bio has yet to do anything. Funny sometimes seeing them run to left side up to a turret and die instantly then straight back they go a little later.

On Voidstar though they dont seem to do anything but step off the ledge and stand. Huttball im not sure where they hide. Probably on the sides in the boxes, i never really go there.

Well.. get premade and don't waste any time. If you play with randoms - expect them to behave as randoms.

I've seen same thread here and there was the guy who gained battlemaster afking. He didn't get punished and I doubt he will.

Yes I understand why you complain, but you've got to dead with it...

teams are 8, premades are 4 do the math, my darth malgus fanboi

if someone is at the keyboard, then there's nothing anyone can do about it. They pay to use the servers, and if they want to spend their time in a tiny window pressing space occasionally, then that's their right.

I disagree with this position. They are actively griefing their own side by not participating and therefore hindering their teams ability to competitively play the game.

This is NOT their right. Just as it's not their right to grief someone in some other way in the game.

They should be documented, warned and subsequently banned if the behaviour persists.

*BUMP*

I feel this is a growing issue. I confronted a persistant warzone afk'er yesterday who i recognised from several matches, insisting that they take part to which i got the response " this wall needs my attention" at the end his scorecard showed 0,0,0,0,0. We were already down 1 player.

That's not an AFK. That's a leech. Get the terms right before you spew stuff on the forums.

Leeching is in no way against the TOS and that's why I hate Warzones. As long as someone can answer if a GM does indeed try to talk to them, they are well within their rights to sit there and do nothing.

Only solution is to get a premade.

This is an easy fix. Exp should be performance based. every medal = 0.7% of your level worth the exp. So if you wanna leech you won't get anything, if you carry the team you can probably get 5.6% of a lvl in 1 warzone.

This is an easy fix. Exp should be performance based. every medal = 0.7% of your level worth the exp. So if you wanna leech you won't get anything, if you carry the team you can probably get 5.6% of a lvl in 1 warzone.

I agree, performance should have some bearing on the rewards you receive after the WZ is over.

However, until they revamp the medal system, basing your xp on it is highly counter productive to the WZ's objective.

Healers already get the shaft for the medals they can get. Do you prefer the healer next to you try to hit the 75k or 300k dmg mark for their medal, and let you die?

• 2 weeks later...
Ah yes I forgot I am on the internets ;] Its not abusive. Its just wasting my time and time of everyone in team who wants to really play the warzone. One question why does the person play when he only wants to get max valor by slacking and weakening the team in which he joins?

After trying to reroll a new toon as sith I've started doing alot of huttball sith vs sith games which is fine. In most of em I usually play the first 5 mins trying to win. Like passing the ball getting into position so I can get a decent pass etc. And all I find is people don't understand how to pass or even which way to run with the ball. One person didn't even realise he had the ball and was just standing in the middle with no enemy's around him just waiting. So after the 5 mins the other side usually score and at that point I give up why shouldn't I slack when others cba to either learn to play huttball or at the very least actually listen to others ( I did start with being nice and trying to explain how the game was played.)

I agree, performance should have some bearing on the rewards you receive after the WZ is over.

However, until they revamp the medal system, basing your xp on it is highly counter productive to the WZ's objective.

Healers already get the shaft for the medals they can get. Do you prefer the healer next to you try to hit the 75k or 300k dmg mark for their medal, and let you die?

Have it based on damage and healing dun, however only one will count towards the exp and valor amount you get. Then a bouns amount will be given for example in huttball first goal *2 exp 2nd *3 etc. In void it will be each door destroyed and in civil war it will be the number of points you take off the enemy team. Ofc the number will have to be fine tuned so its not over the top but that what testing is meant to be for :p

Edited by vobra

I say take the hit for the team and throw them the ball. When they get killed they'll get booted for being unresponsive. Unless they are AFK at keyboard.

Either way, bunch of tools. Especially with the 50 Q's the way they are as of yesterday.

I used to do this before I started insta-leaving all huttballs. It works.