A message to the PUG community.

UGLYMRJ

Bla bla bla, blaba bla ba ba

Solution , separate vile PuGs from awesome l33t pre-maders. BW take notice, an entire class of elite PvPers are suffering and your current match-making system is pushing them to unsubscribe. Make changes so their awesome 2smash+1PT+1bubbler (pubby version is viable too) team gets pitted against a similar one composed by l33ts .

On a more serious note, the grind to get WH mods for reverse engineering to obtain molecular stabilizers have reached alarming heights. Full pre-mades of EWH min-maxed dudes are just griefing and grinding for those mods and have turned reg WZs in a farm.

Developers take that into consideration when you think about how to improve the PvP experience in normal WZs.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t understand this thread at all. This is my first MMO and still new, and yes still a PUG, but frankly I could care less about whither a team is pre-made or not. I haven’t done many WZ yet but I’m sure I’ll loss a ton more than I’ll win. If I win I say “Cool, that was fun, let’s do it again!” If I lose I say, “Damn, good job guys, that was fun let’s do it again!”

I think the biggest problem with PUGs is that someone is scared to take charge. If someone says to me, “go here and do this”, then that’s exactly what I’ll do and if we lose big time, who cares. Every WZ, FP, heroic you play, win or lose, PUG or pre-made, you get better. I think the key to winning is learning to take instruction and act quickly, even pre-mades have to deal with the variable of what they will face.

Ask yourself this question, would you rather have SWTOR with all its bugs/flaws, or would you rather have BW scrap the whole thing because the system isn’t what you want it to be and you get beat. If everyone unsubscribes because they have issues with one aspect of the game, SWTOR will go away. I for one would miss it....

I play 20+ hours a week, if I played 50 WZ matches and lost them all, it would still be fun!

I think the biggest problem with PUGs is that someone is scared to take charge. If someone says to me, “go here and do this”, then that’s exactly what I’ll do and if we lose big time, who cares.

I feel the same and I don't mind being told what to do even if I don't agree with the strat. I don't think the problem is no one wants to take charge, the problem is when a few people disagree with the strat. I notice that when someone does suggest a strat, only half the team will follow it while the other half are going to do what they want anyway. At that point we're no longer fighting the enemy. We're pulling in to many different directions against each other and are totally unorganized.

It seems to me that someone who thinks they are skilled and is grouping with other players that think they are skilled would want to play against other skilled groups. If you just want to play against pugs all the time then i would wager it's because your scared to find out your not as leet as you thought.

The only reasons I can think of for a group to want to vs pugs is so that they can roll to easy victories and don't want a challenge. They just want to slap each other on the back and tell each other how great they are to have defeated such a worthy foe.

• 3 months later...
A thread by Ugly; bumped? I hear he is like the Candyman and if you bump his threads 3 times, he will appear.

The Force in strong with me, I shall make it so!

On topic, was going to make a thread similar to this, but looked it up first.

A good read.

Scenario #2: PUG's are so poorly organized that they literally lose the game for the 4 man pre-made. Pre-made loses what should have been an easy win.

Stopped reading here, you're just as bad as the people whining about pre-mades if not worse. "I came in with a 4-man team, but we still lost, my teammates are BADS"

Nope sorry, if you come in with a 4-man team, you can't blame your teammates for a loss, it's cause you're not good enough. A PUG that blames his teammates is being a self-righteous whiner, and a member of a pre-made that does the same thing is too.

LOL... you know my PT on POT5 is named Awshii'et right? Add me if you haven't. Been slacking on POT5 but plan on getting back in it after the wedding/honeymoon.

And that's exactly it... it's an excuse which is easier than accepting ones own failures for most. As soon as the gear grind wasn't a logical complaint the 37th division of the nerf pre-made brigade took off in full force.

Someone actually agreed to marry you?

Is her name Imani Izzi?

On a side note, I united my TSL toons with my PoT Jugg, so send me a PM when u ready so the African Connection can once more RULE THE GALAXY!

Edited by L-RANDLE

Stopped reading here, you're just as bad as the people whining about pre-mades if not worse. "I came in with a 4-man team, but we still lost, my teammates are BADS"

Nope sorry, if you come in with a 4-man team, you can't blame your teammates for a loss, it's cause you're not good enough. A PUG that blames his teammates is being a self-righteous whiner, and a member of a pre-made that does the same thing is too.

You know Ugly isn't on the forums anymore and that post was from January right?