Force bubble way OP

heechJunzi

I hate playing melee with a passion right now, especially against clued opponents (like in ranked). Everyone I fight has a bubble on, and click it off at will. I'm constantly stunned. I am a firm believer this is the reason people have complained about the increase in stuns post-1.4, rather than the resolve change.

They need to address this.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sit someone on the sorc so he can't throw out bubbles... Not hard and the other healer is going to have to make a choice between healing the focus target or healing the sorc that's getting dual light saber'ed in the face.

Oh and yes we know the bubble is broken because it's not filling up the proper amount of resolve.

Edited by Xerain

Just sit someone on the sorc so he can't throw out bubbles... Not hard and the other healer is going to have to make a choice between healing the focus target or healing the sorc that's getting dual light saber'ed in the face.

Oh and yes we know the bubble is broken because it's not filling up the proper amount of resolve.

A perfect team has 2 or 3 bubblers at the moment. And they are very hard to lock down.

sweet more marauder tears. keep em flowing. Don't worry for all you bad melee you can always just re-roll back to sorcerer/sage. I mean isn't that what yall do, change classes when ever a class gets a little buff. Edited by Ssfbistimg

I could live with the capacity to stun from anyone cast on if there were just two tweaks

1.Cannot self-pop stun: If you manually toggle it off rather than it popping by virtue of damage the stun does not occur

2.Fills resolve according to the rules all other forms of CC follow.

Just make those two tweaks and it'd be an obnoxious but fair ability.

A perfect team has 2 or 3 bubblers at the moment. And they are very hard to lock down.

LoL really thats some serious shi tty team.

You know bubble puts a debuff on the receiver right? You can have 15 sages in your ops group, and you can still only be bubbled once every 17-20 second.

Talking about clueless. You should only take 1 bubbler that know how to play that's it or 2 at most.

Some people can be seriously clueless. Btw properly specced hybrid bubbler has very low bubble force cost and no CD on the bubble, (because again it's hard capped by the debuff).

I don't usually post, but this deserves it.

To read a Sentinel complaining about how OP sorc bubble is really gets me sick. Go and roll one, level a sorc up to 50 and try to play without that buble. After 2 WZ you will post here crying about getting 6k force sweeps by the 3-6 sentinels/guardians (never less, who knows why) of the other team and getting instant killed (even with bubble)

Damn sentinels, they are by far the most powerful class in the game and still there are some that come here to cry. Just in case one of the rational sents/maras missunderstand my post, I'm not asking for a nerf to them, just saying that it gets me sick to see how some of them still cry about other classes.

Instead of calling it OP, learn how to play against it, that's what those sorc are doing against YOUR class.

P.S: I also have a jugger a PT and a shadow, 3 melees, and I have no problems dealing with these bubbles. Just if you thought "you don't play a melee and you don't know how it feels being stun half of the WZ"... yes, I know how it feels, but I also have a sorc and I also know how it feels.

P.S: I also have a jugger a PT and a shadow, 3 melees, and I have no problems dealing with these bubbles. Just if you thought "you don't play a melee and you don't know how it feels being stun half of the WZ"... yes, I know how it feels, but I also have a sorc and I also know how it feels.

Not only I have both Marauder and PT, I also play a concealment operative now.

If they come to the forum and QQ about the bubble stun as lolmara or lolsmasher they really should try to do it on a concealment operative.

Funny thing is people playing non-fotm class like Concealment Operatives didnt cry about bubble stun yet the much stronger classes like Mara/Guardian/PT are chain QQing... well maybe its because none fotm players are so rare nowdays :rolleyes: OR maybe these fotms are so used to sorcs being free kills and is unhappy about a sorc can now pose a threat to their facerolling ACs.

Edited by warultima

I could live with the capacity to stun from anyone cast on if there were just two tweaks

1.Cannot self-pop stun: If you manually toggle it off rather than it popping by virtue of damage the stun does not occur

2.Fills resolve according to the rules all other forms of CC follow.

Just make those two tweaks and it'd be an obnoxious but fair ability.

As opposed to "cheap" like teams throwing grenades....

sweet more marauder tears. keep em flowing. Don't worry for all you bad melee you can always just re-roll back to sorcerer/sage. I mean isn't that what yall do, change classes when ever a class gets a little buff.

Lol, so true, I can't imagine maras have ANYTHING to complain about with their stupidly OP defensive cooldowns and crazy dps, hell they even got ezmode smashspec for the bads.

Edited by Chemic_al

I can understand that melee would be irritated by this. But every class in the game has at least some sort of >4m ability.

It's rather simple: Don't break the bubble with melee.

Then there is of course the case of your ranged DPS breaking bubbles and stunning melee which can be annoying, but again can be avoided by good play.

And I don't agree that the bubble should create more resolve. Melee can rootlock people way too easily, and marauders can use stealth as an extra gap closer. When it comes to control, I find it funny that the people with so much CC are complaining about it.

Edited by SneiK

Say what you want, but anyone who seriously plays ranked knows the impact the bubble change has had on the game. To be more specific, the fact the bubble is now a stun, but only fills resolve like its a mezz.

Instead of just trying to protect what they have, it would be better if people just accepted facts. Force bubble as it is now is overpowered, because its currently in a state that is effectively bugged. Once it fills resolve how its meant to be, the total time stunned in warzones will drop dramatically.

And I don't agree that the bubble should create more resolve. Melee can rootlock people way too easily, and marauders can use stealth as an extra gap closer. When it comes to control, I find it funny that the people with so much CC are complaining about it.

But Feta... Every other stun in the game of that duration gives more resolve. Come on, we all noticed the huge difference when this went live.

Like I said, its just a case of putting things on an even level. The bubble itself is not the problem, its how many of them you can eat before full resolve. Trust me, for anyone who doesnt have CC immunity, its a joke :D

(Also, yes you can try to not break bubbles, but then whats to stop somebody, like me, walking next to you and popping it deliberately, straight after you get out of the stun for popping the bubble on the sage?...)

Edited by AKfourtyseven

Say what you want, but anyone who seriously plays ranked knows the impact the bubble change has had on the game. To be more specific, the fact the bubble is now a stun, but only fills resolve like its a mezz.

Instead of just trying to protect what they have, it would be better if people just accepted facts. Force bubble as it is now is overpowered, because its currently in a state that is effectively bugged. Once it fills resolve how its meant to be, the total time stunned in warzones will drop dramatically.

Let's look at the ranked must haves:

Juggernaut Tank (Melee)

Assassin Tank (Melee)

Carnage Marauder DPS (Melee)

And because of current state of smashspec, having it on top of the above doesn't hurt:

Smash Warrior DPS (Melee)

So, excluding healers, 4/6 (tank + dps) are melee. the other two could be PT/Sniper/Sorc. The PT will be with those melee, and Sniper has no problems being close to them.

What I mean, is that the game is heavily gimped towards melee, and zerging. So no, I'm not seeing bubble spec as a bad thing.

Edited by SneiK

Let's look at the ranked must haves:

Juggernaut Tank (Melee)

Assassin Tank (Melee)

Carnage Marauder DPS (Melee)

And because of current state of smashspec, having it on top of the above doesn't hurt:

Smash Warrior DPS (Melee)

So, excluding healers, 4/6 (tank + dps) are melee. the other two could be PT/Sniper/Sorc. The PT will be with those melee, and Sniper has no problems being close to them.

What I mean, is that the game is heavily gimped towards melee, and zerging. So no, I'm not seeing bubble spec as a bad thing.

Yeah, in that regard I dont disagree with you at all. Currently the game is too heavily biased towards melee and this makes the impact of bubbles even bigger- Our VGs hate it especially. So yes, its good to counter the currently bias in the game. Does that mean its actually correct that the bubble has a hands-down mechanical advantage when it comes to stun duration per resolve filled?

Id argue no.

I don't know the exact amounts of resolve a bubble causes, but you're right.

But melee has >4m attacks they can use to burst the bubble.

And your ranged DPS just needs to realize, that they can't shoot anything they like, bursting bubbles and stunlocking their own teammates.

What I'm saying is, you can counter the bubble. It's your fault for bursting the bubble (or does it stun if the sorc removes it from the buffs???). You have a CHOICE to burst the bubble or not.

Therefore, if it created more resolve, you could exploit it easily as a resolve filler. Bursting bubbles, gaining full resolve, using breaker etc.

Edited by SneiK

What I'm saying is, you can counter the bubble. It's your fault for bursting the bubble (or does it stun if the sorc removes it from the buffs???).

Yeah, it still stuns anyone around you if you remove the buff from yourself lol

I did it quite a few times in ranked earlier this week, just to see how useful it was as a peel. You are right about having to be more careful not to break bubbles though, its a major counter to currently heavy melee teams.

Hell, im guessing thats exactly why they havent changed its resolve value.

Well then that's the major problem I think, not the resolve it creates, but the ON demand stun it can have. I guess you need more ranged DPS on your team then, who will burst the bubble before melee collapses on the target.

Also, the ability to re bubble and the possible time window they have, between bubbles, needs to be looked at. So you can actually kill the target before he can re-bubble himself. Atm, you need to see the bubble appearing, and burst it right there, giving you the greatest time window to finish the target, due to degauss (if that's what it's called. 20sec between bubbles on the same target right?)

Edited by SneiK

I don't usually post, but this deserves it.

To read a Sentinel complaining about how OP sorc bubble is really gets me sick. Go and roll one, level a sorc up to 50 and try to play without that buble. After 2 WZ you will post here crying about getting 6k force sweeps by the 3-6 sentinels/guardians (never less, who knows why) of the other team and getting instant killed (even with bubble)

+1

Without the bubble sorc is unplayable. Period, especially the lightning/tk spec

UNPLAYABLE !!!!!

I have yet to see another full tk or lighting sorc/sage in pvp.

Yeah, in that regard I dont disagree with you at all. Currently the game is too heavily biased towards melee and this makes the impact of bubbles even bigger- Our VGs hate it especially. So yes, its good to counter the currently bias in the game. Does that mean its actually correct that the bubble has a hands-down mechanical advantage when it comes to stun duration per resolve filled?

Id argue no.

It is not overpowered, it is a new tool. Yes, it almost doesn't full resolve and it's 3 seconds stun... Learn to counter it.

If your VGs are having problems with it, tell them to use HIV 10m away of the target.

If your guardians are having problems with it, use blade storm 10m away of the target.

Or either use a ranged dps.

About ranked, now this makes Sorc/Sage necessary for ranked (if there is 1 at each team is fair, isn't it?) I just hope commandos/mercenaries get something usefull too so we will see 8 people team with 1 of each AC.

It is not overpowered, it is a new tool. Yes, it almost doesn't full resolve and it's 3 seconds stun... Learn to counter it.

If your VGs are having problems with it, tell them to use HIV 10m away of the target.

If your guardians are having problems with it, use blade storm 10m away of the target.

Or either use a ranged dps.

About ranked, now this makes Sorc/Sage necessary for ranked (if there is 1 at each team is fair, isn't it?) I just hope commandos/mercenaries get something usefull too so we will see 8 people team with 1 of each AC.

No, it is broken and it seems pretty obvious how bioware was able to overlook it. No one is asking to take the bubble away, just to fix it. If you think sorc/sages need a buff then come up with a suggestion that doesn't involve chain stunning the opposition. Learn to think.

No, it is broken and it seems pretty obvious how bioware was able to overlook it. No one is asking to take the bubble away, just to fix it. If you think sorc/sages need a buff then come up with a suggestion that doesn't involve chain stunning the opposition. Learn to think.

No, BW knew it would work this way and it's working as intended.