[Hoth World PvP Event] Saturday, 12 January at 7:30pm Server Time

Cilas

[Hoth World PvP Event] Saturday, 12 January at 7:30p.m. CST

WHERE:

Hoth, Republic Outpost Zerek/Imperial Frostwake Outpost

WHEN:

12 January, 7:30 p.m. Server time

WHAT:

Unlike previous world PvP events that were focused on objectives, this one is about nothing more than killing. We’re going to fight each other at a faction base in the world! No objectives, no rules, just a good ole fashion base bust. Trying to establish rules for these PvP events has proved to be somewhat pointless in the past because too many players show up last minute with no real knowledge of the event. Instead, the republic has a great stronghold on Hoth, and I thought it would be fun to fight over.

Republic forces, do you think you can stop the Imperials from invading and holding Outpost Zerek? Do you think you can push the imperial scum back to their base at Frostwake Outpost and crush them?

Imperial forces, how confident are you that you can lay waste to Outpost Zerek? Will you lay a path of destruction along the way?

Below is a view from the western approaches of Republic Outpost Zerek

http://imageshack.us/a/img856/6802/screenshot2012122018220.jpg

Below is a view from the eastern approaches of Republic Outpost Zerek

http://imageshack.us/a/img209/9297/screenshot2012122018182.jpg

Below is a view to the entrance of the bunker inside Republic Outpost Zerek

http://imageshack.us/a/img717/3869/screenshot2012122018192.jpg

Below is a view of the speeder at Republic Outpost Zerek

http://imageshack.us/a/img838/2492/screenshot2012122018190.jpg

Below is a map of the location; you can clearly see Republic Outpost Zerek and Imperial Frostwake Outpost

http://imageshack.us/a/img33/4921/screenshot2012122018204.jpg

OBJECTIVE SUGGESTION IF PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED:

We could “designate” a Player General for each faction. Each faction would have only one Player General and these generals could not be a stealth class (for obvious reasons.) Each faction's general is the primary target,

The Republic General would be limited to Republic Outpost Zerek and would be the primary target of the Imperial siege forces. It would be wise for the republic to defend this person and keep them alive!

The Imperial General would be with the main Imperial siege forces. If the Republic forces repel the invading army, the Imperial forces must ensure the Imperial General makes it safely back to Imperial Frostwake Outpost and prepare the outpost’s defenses.

Edited by Cilas

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've spoken to several guilds on imp and pub side already. Please help me spread the word, lets get large groups on both sides! If people decide to do the "player general objective" we can vote on that ^^

I applaud the time and effort for this event, some of my guild members will try to make it there.

I think I have to work but if I don't me and a premade will attend as well. :)

Thank you. I've spoken to several pub and imp guilds already as well. I'm expecting a decent turnout but playoffs may be tough to compete with.

You could not be more wrong.

Says the guy who sits in the poisonous strat daily area for hours on end trying to piss off players of the other faction.

Real cool life right there.

Edited by shednik

NO matter if it's going to be a slideshow or not... Playoff Football > SWTOR.

This but with many more >'s. wont be able to make it because San Fran and Green Bay will be a must see game. gl with your event.

weekends are just bad in general for me. between work and football i dont play much swtor outside of early sunday morning. Sunday night will be good though since the last game will be done at around 8est...8:30 to be safe and include post game

Edited by ForsakenKing

Quick question...has it been decided if this would be objective based or open killing? I see in your initial post you list a form of objective and don't see anyone commenting on that part of it and figured I'd ask. Regardless, I'll be attending in the hopes that something happens, even if for a short while :)

Quick question...has it been decided if this would be objective based or open killing? I see in your initial post you list a form of objective and don't see anyone commenting on that part of it and figured I'd ask. Regardless, I'll be attending in the hopes that something happens, even if for a short while :)

I would like to add the player general aspect, if nothing more than to test its viability. Any volunteers for generals on either side? :)

I would like to add the player general aspect, if nothing more than to test its viability. Any volunteers for generals on either side? :)

I thought it sounded good too. Of course between now and then isn't much time and we both know how these things can get :). Thanks for the quick response!

P.S. Could the general be a stealther? Cause if so, that would be kind of difficult for people to find, right? Unless we roll in with Stealth Scans galore haha. That would be something to see :D

Edited by Master_Nate

In my original post I stated the general could not be a stealth class.

I realize it is short notice still, posted it almost a week out but if we can set a baseline for this type of owpvp and people understand the concept, including those that never check the forums, we will have something to go off of in future pvp events