Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

who is the coolest companion?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
who is the coolest companion?

Nakkyi
06.09.2014 , 09:03 PM | #11
I've honestly been waiting for this kind of thread, but just didn't wanna start it. Ignore my sig when reading this. Hasn't been updated in a long while. Here we go:

Consular: The only companion I like is Qyzen. I did notice a lot don't like him though which makes me sad He compliments the personality of my Consular nicely so we made a good team.

Agent: Favorite here is Vector. He is so delightfully creepy and weird, but he's also incredibly sweet and funny. He was a delight to have around and would love to have him accompany some of my other characters. Second is little miss SCORPIO Sanctions. She was so morbid and evil it was hilarious. I used her pretty much exclusively after I got on Belsavis. I wish she had just a little more dialogue to showcase her personality. Lastly is Kaliyo. I just loved her dialogue the entire time and her storyline was great. She and my agent made a pretty kickass female spy duo. I often times found myself going over dialogue twice, sometimes three times, just to hear what sarcastic remark she would make.

Inquisitor: I honestly love all of them, except Ashara. She really just rubs me the wrong way. Khem was just so evil which really suited the personality of my Inquisitor. She's a completely sadistic psycho and loves his desire to devour Force users. Andronikos was really sweet in his own way and brought out the soft side of my Inquisitor. Talos was so perky that it was awesome. He served a nice kind of assistant role. Xalek was interesting. Sadly, you just don't have him long enough to really get a good sense of him. I liked him though.

Smuggler: I actually really like Corso. I know most people don't like his overly chivalrous attitude, but I thought he was really sweet. Just the kind of man I want, lol! Bowdaar was so hilarious. He even says one of the best lines in the game, for me. "I want to climb a tree before we leave" He has so many great lines, that you just can't hate the Wookie.

Trooper: I only have Aric, so I will withhold judgement. I have heard some of the droid's lines though while questing with a Trooper friend on my Consular. He's quite amusing, that I think he'll be a nice comic relief.

Warrior: So far, I only have Vette and Quinn. I really do like Vette. She's witty, hilarious, and a delight. I've yet to form an opinion of Quinn.

Bounty Hunter: Really like Blizz and Torian. Torian adds a nice bit of Mandalorian culture to the crew. And Blizz is a Jawa with a freaking rocket launcher. 'nough said.

Knight: Only have T7 so far. So, I'm going to withhold judgement for the most part. T7 is amusing. From my interactions with Kira so far, she seems funny. Not sure if I'll like her though.
Praxidice 37 Sage Pasitheia 60 Mercenary
Ephipron 55 Guardian Oneiras 55 Marauder
Androctasiai 60 Assassin Lysani 14 Scoundrel
Zephyriaa 55 Operative Thrasas 39 Vanguard

ThirdDementor
06.11.2014 , 03:06 PM | #12
Vette, Vette and more Vette.

My first toon was the Sith Warrior, and when I first got her, I never imagined this annoying Twi'lek thief type (I hate thief types) who opposes every action I take, will grow on me. But goodness, she did. Vette is funny, witty, and never fails to improve the mood. And with all that, she still has immense depth of character and a great backstory. In fact, I deleted and remade my toon just to be nice to her.

Since then, I've broadened my horizons and played more classes, but no other companion has ever made me smile so much. There's something beautiful about how incredibly unlikely it is for Vette to befriend the (full darkside) Sith Warrior, and yet despite being so unlikely, it also makes sense, when you're near the end of chapter 3 and you think of all they've been through together. One of the most touching lines I've heard in this game (or any game), especially coming from the Sith Warrior and his menacing, commanding voice:

Spoiler

Oh, and then I made another Sith Warrior just to romance her. So yeah.

SgtJeremy
06.20.2014 , 05:51 PM | #13
M1 4X is probably one of my favourites. Just a funny guy in a yes sir way. Vette is pretty awesome, funny and just seems like a cool person to hang out with. Jaessa is cool, sucks you can't romance LS but I make do. Bowdaar is cool because wookie, nuff said. HK obviously for nostalgic reasons and cause Sniper. Blizz cause I f***ing love Jawa's, I like Treek, pretty funny and gels with me nicely. Quite a few I like and quite a few I haven't even played with yet.

Honestly there is only 1 per class (Roughly) that I don't like. Kaliyo, the 1st companion on Smuggler and whats his face on the trooper (cathaar) are some of the companions I don't like. The fat guy on my Merc I didn't like for a while but he's grown on me, Skadge I think his name is.

Hopefully we get a Tusken Raider companion one of these days. Feel like it's the cheapest way to implement new companions due to not really needing new dialogue. And cause it'd be funny in a really annoying way. Would prefer a wookie but considering Bowdaar exists already people probably would want something different.
"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
"Victory at all costs, Victory inspite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, their is no peace."
http://www.swtor.com/r/pqwT9F Want free stuff, sure you do.

Dras_Keto
06.22.2014 , 06:47 AM | #14
MAKO!

Seriously, no one has mentioned Mako yet? Apart from that point where you have to use Skadge for a little while (but can dismiss his *** and bring her back out before you fight) Ive literally never used anyone else on my PT, and never felt the need to either.

Apart from her:
  • Blizz for my merc because, as others have mentioned, Jawa with a rocket launcher and probably the funniest dialogue in the game.
  • Vette, cause shes awesome. Leveled my juggernaut entirely with Vette, even though that made things take longer with having to recharge every couple pulls (also, Quinn is a .. "@$%&!," for numerous reasons).
  • Kira. Because Kira has the highest freaking crit rate I have ever seen for augmentation kits (about 60%). That girl never fails to deliver. And, the character is freaking awesome.
  • Kaliyo. Bioware, for all their faults, did a very good job with her. She feels like a legitimate, real person. A totally amoral, selfish, lying ***** of a psychopath to be sure, but a believable one. Far better than that goody two shoes Temple.

Lastly, Id say Holiday deserves an honourable mention. Shes about the only saving grace to Theran Cedrax. Id airlock that mofo in a heartbeat if I could keep her. Although, to be fair, the reason why I like her is because of the interaction between her, Theran, and the consular that develops her to be a her and something more than translucent pink eye-candy.

DomiSotto
06.23.2014 , 10:44 AM | #15
I just wanted to say, that I started with really liking Kalyio, but she is proving to be so high maintenance in her dialogues later in Chapter 1, I am starting to dislike her. Normally, I go the other way - I tend to like the companion more and more. With Kaliyo, I now don't feel bad about unlocking Treek....

Surprisingly, I like Khem

Quote:
Lastly, Id say Holiday deserves an honourable mention. Shes about the only saving grace to Theran Cedrax
Tharan, actually. The name is misspelled in every guide almost.

Assam
06.24.2014 , 04:53 AM | #16
Good question OP!

Here is my list:

Jedi Knight - Pretty much like them all, even Scourge because I like his back story although its tough being a Lightsider around him! But T7 is my favourite - the most loyal, funny and dangerous robot to have around, the little guy is just brilliant. His ebullience is something to behold, like him tons

Consular: I don't have a clear cut favourite, Tharan has his moments, but mostly want to slap him for complaining my about using the Force - I'm a Jedi, what the heck does he expect?! Qyzen is peculiar and reminds me of an annoying work colleague. Zenith is for the Dark Siders, not me, though I do like his voice! Felix is nice and I like his attitude, Nadia is enthusiastic but can be a bit weird but she would have to be my favourite to travel with.

Smuggler: Don't have a real favourite, Corso was fun, Bowdar cool, Gus funny, Risha good to trade banter with but I for some reason have a soft spot for Akaavi, I think my Smuggler fancies her but she is SO angry!!

Trooper: Aric is terribly angry all the time, silly kitty, Tanno is for Dark Siders. M1, Elara and Yuun are all equally excellent, I could not decide who is the best, though Elara's accent...Gosh!

Inquisitor: I've done both Dark and Light for this, I feel the companions as a whole are suited to a Dark Sider, the responses to your despicable actions are in my humble opinion better when you have anyone but Talos or Ashara who are way more suited to the Light. Xalex is my favourite for Dark Side, he is excellently evil and dark. Talos is my favourite for the Light cos I studied history at university and he and I share the same enthusiasm for the subject!

Warrior: Vette, yes, love her to bits! Witty and very appreciative of my being as rude as possible to Darth Baras!

Imperial Agent: I've only maxed out Vector who I think is great for a Light Sider, Kaliyo is dangerously fun, Dr Lokan is odd, Raina I've not spoken to much and Scorpoi is homocidal!

Bounty Hunter: Skadge needs to die. He is not welcome on my ship! Mako is lovely, Gault funny, Torian got better as I got to know him but best of the lot is Blizz. Blizz is adorable. I maxed out his affection so quickly because he is just awesome! ROCKET LAUNCHER!!

So out of all of them either Blizz or T7, Blizz for the sheer hilarity and excellent fun, T7 for the most loyal friend to have for a Jedi
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the Force.The good news there is Tea too!