Bioware, You Want to Resuscitate This Game? Then Implement The Following.

Xugos

Note: This is simply a list of issues that we all recognize exist. We all want the best for SW:TOR which is why we bought it in the first place, and if Bioware wants send a signal that it is dedicated to this game, then it would be wise to begin communicating and recognizing issues.

Edit: I am now understanding that some people disagree with the premise that this thread begins with: that the game is in need of "resuscitation." Please ignore that point momentarily if you disagree.

Proof SW:TOR is declining: massively.joystiq.com/2012/01/03/swtor-uk-sales-take-a-dive/

Well, for those of who may know me (because they despise me) from my rampant pre-launch criticisms of this game, including ones derived from beta experience, it's happening. Most of the beta testers' concerns were not addressed, and that leaves us with the current state of the game.

SW:TOR is a game with great potential. That being said, MMOs only get one shot, and this is SW:TOR's. Bioware MUST implement the following (a consolidated list of fixes that I have heard demanded by numerous people within the community) before the free 30 days game-time period ends.

THE LIST:

- Chat bubbles (with the option to disable for those of us who are introverted within the community, myself included.)

- Increase combat-responsiveness. Having a 1.5-3.0 second delay between the key stroke and the ability executing, even with a 50 ms connection, is UNACCEPTABLE. This game's combat feels incredibly dull, and clunky, and this is one of the reasons for it.

- Add a combat log. I will say this again. ADD A COMBAT LOG. IT IS A *MUST!* A combat log is needed for damage/healing/tank mitigation parses. If you are serious about having guilds progress in non-mediocre PvE content, these are essential.

- ADD TARGET OF TARGET into the game. Over-haul the UI in general.

- Fix bugs in general, but most importantly the ones pertaining to the mail system (where an item can be lost forever if the bug occurs.)

- Add FOCUS TARGETS.

- Fix graphical optimization bugs - i.e. random FPS drops. Many, many people (including myself) are reporting random FPS drops in areas such as the Republic Fleet's various areas.

- Fix aesthetic bugs, such as ones with the apparent color of armor (some helmets turn up unnaturally black, etc.)

- Add a fail safe (purchase confirmation) to item purchases and skill learns. Many people have lost commendations/credits for accidentally misclicking while using a high-sensitivity/DPI mouse and purchasing the wrong item.

- Overhaul the auction house system (GTN.) Add a search option, remove the 50 item limit on your auctions, and add bid/buyout functionality that isn't feudalistic and outdated.

- SERVER FORUMS. THIS IS A MUST TO ENSURE THAT A STRONG SERVER-COMMUNITY MANIFESTS ITSELF!

- Guild bank and a better guild interface. Add options to mass invite all players of x, y, z criteria to a raid group, for example.

- More camera options. THE OPTION TO DISABLE "SMART CAMERA PIVOT" SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED!

- Implement a threat parse so that tanks can actually gage how much threat they have on targets. Right now, they are in the dark and they have a disproportionally stressful job. I can personally testify that I don't know a single person, nor do I think such a person exists or is common, that appreciates the current system of things pertaining to threat.

- An LFG system over-haul. I'm not saying it should be automated and teleport you to the location of whatever it is you're doing like WoW does, but there needs to be increased support for this. Perhaps introducing a channel with some extra features dedicated to creating groups would do it.

- Improve your servers so that you do not have to create two separate instances for a mere 50 people in a SINGLE sub-zone. That is just asinine and removes the social/community atmosphere from the game. I bought an MMORPG, not a single-player Mass Effect RPG.

- Fix accessibility to PvP gear. As it stands, many are reporting it is MUCH TOO EASY to acquire.

- Allow people to queue for SPECIFIC WARZONES.

- ADD MACROS.

- A customizable UI with third party add-on support. All healers (experienced healers) that I know cringe at the lack of a customizable UI. Click-to-heal made healing fun. Bioware MUST implement this.

- >>>>>>>Ensure mouse-over heal support.<<<<<<<

- A fix to optimization issues. Great machines are not running this game so great.

- A fix to delay issues that are not related to latency. People have "50 ms" latency and have a 3-4 second delay on select abilities.

- Better customer support. Hire MORE people, HAND THEM a company policy book, and GET them helping people out. No excuse for not having enough people when you knew how much traffic there would be on launch day.

- Buy a better swtor.com server. No reason why your WEBSITE should have queues when practically every MMO, including ones that have been less or more successful, did not have queues at launch, nevermind post-launch.

- Increase the number of players allowed on a server. Don't hide subscription numbers by artificially inflating server size. Reportedly, only 2000-2500 players are allowed per server, which is horrible. Bump that number up significantly, even if it is done gradually, or you're in trouble. The game world is already pretty empty in some places as is.

- Re-instate the appearance unifier, even if temporarily. No reason why a battle-hardened Trooper should look literally like a clown with a rain-bow themed assortment of ballistic armor plates.

- Have community managers COMMUNICATE to the player base that Bioware understands our issues and is working diligently on fixing them. As of now, it appears as though y'all are pretending NOTHING is wrong. Wake up.

- Dissolve the universal PvP bracket. Put in SPECIALIZED PvP brackets instead. A 1-49 bracket and then a 50 bracket would be a great start, but preferrably, just do a 1-30, 30-49, and then a 50 bracket. If the player base grows further (big if here), then dissect the brackets further and specialize them to an even greater extent. A level 50 has much more utility and more abilities in its arsenal than a level 15. Even if they have the same stats, that is UNFAIR because the level 50 has a vested advantage. That's why there should always be brackets, albeit with the boost system retained.

- Work towards providing the PvP community with something with more longevity and something that fosters community. That something is an arena system with arena maps. This would go a LONG way for the PvP community.

- Address content-related player concerns. Let us know what the horizon is bringing, and by this I mean, RELEASE MORE OPERATIONS/WARZONES and RATED WARZONES and give us an estimated time of arrival that is not too far off.

- A space overhaul. Not sure if the Hero engine can handle it, but space combat is just abysmal after the first few flying sortees. Something closer to SWG space but IMPROVED because this is 2011 and not 2004 would be required.

Let me know if I missed something. The aforementioned were the most common issues presented to myself by other members of this community.

If you support this list or want to petition me to add something to it, please say so.

TL;DR: pick a random spot on the list and read it. See if you agree.

That's the list. It's your choice to make this game or break it, Bioware.

Ball's in your court.

It's a check, but will it be a check-mate?

Edited by Xugos

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the OP knows exactly what everyone in this game wants... right?

Seriously, shut your yap and play the game. Or don't. I don't care. They have the first content patch next month already. Why don't we just wait and see what happens before we start the hyperbole and melodrama?

Because the OP knows exactly what everyone in this game wants... right?

Seriously, shut your yap and play the game. Or don't. I don't care. They have the first content patch next month already. Why don't we just wait and see what happens before we start the hyperbole and melodrama?

3 instances (flash points) isn't exactly a major content patch.

Spare me the sardonicism please.

I support this. Perhaps the most important one there is Bioware communicating with us about what they are working on.

They mentioned the new raid and new warzone.. but what about the featues? the bug fixes?

cmon bioware :)

I stopped reading at chat bubbles since I find them to be incredibly annoying and breaking of immersion and just stupid.

If they were to implement it, it would contain an option to disable it. I'll sacrifice immersion for the sake of communication any day.

SW:TOR is a game with great potential. That being said, MMOs only get one shot

Which they already blew. Sorry the game will just get thrown with the other failures Rift, Aion etc..

I hope a few enjoy it atleast.

Which they already blew. Sorry the game will just get thrown with the other failures Rift, Aion etc..

I hope a few enjoy it atleast.

You may be correct, but I think they have at least until the end of the free 30 day period to resuscitate this game.

Fix PvP gear, too easy to aquire.

Fix flashpoint hardmodes, too many bugs.

Fix ops, people should choose who gets what.

Fix threat system and give us a threat meter.

Give us target of target

that's all

I added all of that in, with an amendment to the first one.

Thanks. I also added in macros.

My guess is that you wont be satisfied no matter what they release, so what is the point? 3 instances is exactly 3 more than we have 2 weeks after launch. That is pretty damn good. Get some perspective. How many other mmos launched content within a month of release? ... ? .... ? ...... ?

And is it just 3 flashpoints? Does it say that somewhere? Do you have a direct line with the developers? Didn't think so.

Chat bubbles aren't a big deal for me, I got 4 seperate windows for general/say, system, guild, and whisper/party. When I want to talk to the locals i go to general and it wont get lost in guild or party babble.

Blame EvE for that one.

He didn't say it was a major content patch. He was just pointing out that they're giving us more for free. We're not waiting 6 months for new stuff. Was it needed? Maybe or maybe not. Just get off my game.

Add-ons? No.

Chat bubbles? Not top priority. Fix some class bugs.

Space? Fine so far. They said it would be a rail shooter and I'm more than pleased. If they add more, awesome.

Quit trying to speak for the community. You're a vocal minority. Happy people don't qq on the forums. By the way, why does the very much alive game need resuscitation? Hate to bring it up to you doomsayers, but FFXIV is still running and profitable and that's probably the worst MMO ever launched.

Resuscitate the game.

1 million subscribers in the first week and rising

Resuscitate the game.

Yeah, nope. Not seeing it. Chat bubbles would be nice to have sometime soon in the future, though. It gets hard to track who's saying what sometimes.

Edited by Radiatonia

I was completely unaware that this game was in need of resuscitation. My entire guild and everybody I've talked to absolutely loves the game.

Acquire foresight. Everyone, including the Rift/Aion/Warhammer Online players loved the game initially. You have to view the game objectively and comparatively to what else is on the market momentarily. As it stands, the game needs the aforementioned fixes, and the community needs to have the audacity to support those fixes and swallow their pride momentarily for the sake of the game.

He didn't say it was a major content patch. He was just pointing out that they're giving us more for free. We're not waiting 6 months for new stuff. Was it needed? Maybe or maybe not. Just get off my game.

Add-ons? No.

Chat bubbles? Not top priority. Fix some class bugs.

Space? Fine so far. They said it would be a rail shooter and I'm more than pleased. If they add more, awesome.

Quit trying to speak for the community. You're a vocal minority. Happy people don't qq on the forums. By the way, why does the very much alive game need resuscitation? Hate to bring it up to you doomsayers, but FFXIV is still running and profitable and that's probably the worst MMO ever launched.

They're not giving us more for free. I'm paying $15 USD a month for this, don't tell me it's free.

The fact that you don't want add-ons implemented speaks volumes. They in NO WAY affect you. They are totally optional, and are a way for the community to customize their UI so that it fits their requirements. I don't want someone arbitrarily dictating the method in which I play.

Don't like add-ons? Then don't use them.

Acquire foresight. Everyone, including the Rift/Aion/Warhammer Online players loved the game initially.

Not true for two of those three games. Once those games were actually released they both plummeted in subscriptions. Both were hailed as WoW-killers during beta, but both died a week after release. Not hating on either game. Both are still running just fine without me.

They're not giving us more for free. I'm paying $15 USD a month for this, don't tell me it's free.

The fact that you don't want add-ons implemented speaks volumes. They in NO WAY affect you. They are totally optional, and are a way for the community to customize their UI so that it fits their requirements. I don't want someone arbitrarily dictating the method in which I play.

Don't like add-ons? Then don't use them.

Obviously you lack MMO experience because a monthly subscription rarely leads to more content on a monthly basis. Played WoW? We got two weeks of content without going into hardmode. Aion? You brought up Aion. That has had two content patches and an expansion. Add-ons are abused. I loved recount so everyone could see me being better than them, but it also lead to scrubs linking it every pull. Omen? Sure. I think they should just add a threat meter in the game, but then people like you will still qq.