Bring back for a weekend 90cc/150cc transfers

fushnchips

Unlike a couple years ago.. when we had a subset of servers that were largely dead (the old PvP servers by the way) and there was a lot of demand for merges or free transfers.......there is NO compelling need at this time that would encourage them to put these back on 90% discount.

I get that there are always restless players and always someone who desires this..... that is not the same as a broad compelling need across the player community.

So.. the question is... why exactly do you want this? What is going on that you need/want to transfer characters post merge?? If you could present a rational reason that is widely applicable to the broader player base.... you stand a better chance of getting attention to your request. ;)

Unlike a couple years ago.. when we had a subset of servers that were largely dead (the old PvP servers by the way) and there was a lot of demand for merges or free transfers.......there is NO compelling need at this time that would encourage them to put these back on 90% discount.

I get that there are always restless players and always someone who desires this..... that is not the same as a broad compelling need across the player community.

So.. the question is... why exactly do you want this? What is going on that you need/want to transfer characters post merge?? If you could present a rational reason that is widely applicable to the broader player base.... you stand a better chance of getting attention to your request. ;)

Making a bad rep on one server, so moves to another is all I can think of. Server population is pretty even now between them I believe. Or trying to make credits by taking advantage of different markets.

Edited by lightSaberAddiCt

I used to do a lot of transfers. Even Keith said he liked to update his legacies this way. Their load screens recommend playing on multiple servers. I would watch for GTN deals and move the items back and forth depending on prices. Got all the cartel items this way. I actually enjoyed it. Now, I've deleted/moved many of my chars to one server. No more transfers for me.

With Conquest and the tank changes we might be at one server sooner than you'd think.

It's good for updating legacies for stuff you don't want to grind through again on each server.

I used to do a lot of transfers. Even Keith said he liked to update his legacies this way. Their load screens recommend playing on multiple servers. I would watch for GTN deals and move the items back and forth depending on prices. Got all the cartel items this way. I actually enjoyed it. Now, I've deleted/moved many of my chars to one server. No more transfers for me.

With Conquest and the tank changes we might be at one server sooner than you'd think.

Ditto... would like to see previous transfer prices again too!

Cheers,

J

I’d like to see 90cc as permanent thing and also 250cc to open up new Alt slots. The more Alts you have, the more likely you will play the game longer and not get as bored.

I would also like to see them make it so if you have a server that has more slots over your “opened” cap, it becomes the default cap. Ie, if you have 40 Alts on one server, but your cap on the other is 30 Alts, they should make the default cap 40 Alts. At the moment if you wanted to transfer an alt from the server with 30 Alts to the server with 40 Alts, you would either need to delete 11 alts from the 40 Alt server or you would need to buy 11 Alt slots (which is massively expansive)

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Population demographics change and so do times people play. I’m in a situation at the moment where I’ve spent a great deal of time leveling up Alts on SF, which I started to play on after the merge because -

a. To get away from a certain subset of people and toxicity on SS

b. To try something new

c. Because of the server merge to the East coast it didn’t matter which server I played on (for ping)

d. Because my family is into RP and most RP are now on SF

As you know I’m a massive pvper, it’s pretty much all I do. When I first went to try out SF pvp after the mergers, the pops were fast and the quality was good. But since then the pops out side of prime time and in lower brackets (in prime time) have dropped off drastically to be nearly non existent (this is across the whole game). But SS still has the best of the pop rate outside of prime time and in lower brackets (even though they also are not good).

So I’m now forced to go back to playing on SS if I want to get better pvp pops at the times I can play or play in a lower bracket. But the issue for me is I’ve dedicated 3 months to lvl 8 Alts to 70 and another 22 (in different states of progress) on SF and now I can’t use them if I want to pvp. I also spent time getting crafters to max and collected lots of mats as well as getting achievements done. I’ve literally spent about 40 hours a week on SF since the mergers and I’ve also become attached to all those Alts with outfits, names and a little RPing along the way with personalities or themes.

Yes, theoretically I can pay to transfer them now, but I just don’t have that sort of money to throw at a game (it would be astronomical in my situation). If the ability to transfer was 90cc, I could afford to transfer some over if they can also fix another limiting issue for me,

The other thing that is limiting me are my server caps. One is 46 and the other 30. For me to transfer from SF to SS, I would either need to delete 17 Alts on SS or buy another 17 slots (which is even more expansive than the transfer).

My request is they permanently reduce the cost of the transfers to 90cc and the slots to 250cc. This would still take me many months to move some of the alts over, but it wouldn’t be absolutely impossible for me (just really difficult).

I would like it if they were to increase my server cap to 46 on both SS and SF. I would still need to buy more slots to open if I wanted to transfer, so they would actually get some money because as it is under this current system, they will get none from me because it’s too expensive (some money is surely better than none).

Transferring doesn’t hurt anyone as far as I can see and lower prices would allow people to move around more freely if demographics change or you need to get away from certain people or meet up with long lost friends who are returning to the game on different servers

There are some other benefits as well for the individual servers. If an item is rare on one server, it will be expensive or people just can’t get it because it’s not available. If the other server has plenty, you can move across and buy it. I know people will say it’s open to GTN price exploitation and it probably would be at first. But as more and more people have the ability to move around, those price exploitation’s reduce over time and you actually have a more even economy across the whole game and better access to everything. This will allow prices to drop on the GTN and also make it easier for Bioware to target credit sinks better so that they don’t hurt one server worse than another,

Anyway, you asked for a reason and this is mine. You don’t necessarily need to agree with it, but it would be nice if you can at least understand that people have different needs and wants. I dont know how many people are in my “exact” situation. But I would say there will be a wider amount who are partially in my situation or have similar wants or needs.

I also like the idea, and here is my reasoning: swtor is booring, no new content so people are always see same faces every day (population isn't high in swtor). Giving us a chance to transfer toons will give us an ability to see new players, to play other faction (for example on tulak hord reps are dominating while on dm - imps). This will only maintain peoples interest in swtor since they will be able to see new game styles etc.

Apparently, 1k CC is a huge barrier for this. However, i disagree that cheap transfers must be constant because it will allow gtn traders, pvp wintraders to abuse the system and cause many problems for the game. Dont do it constant

Edited by omaan

it will allow gtn traders, pvp wintraders to abuse the system and cause many problems for the game.

How exactly? Seriously, not trying to call you out on this, but maybe an example?

The only reason I can think of is it invalidates the rename cost of 1000cc.

But no. I don't think they'll change it back. They don't understand what they did to Conquest, the gearing system and soon tanks. Either they're so busy with Anthem or so few to work on this game or they just don't understand gamers. They are destroying what players enjoy. Eh, sorry stepping off soapbox.

When there were cheap character transfers, I used to buy them to transfer characters (and credits) over to one server, buy a cheap item in the GTN, and then transfer it back to my main.

Granted, as there are fewer servers now, there is less of a need. The prices between the 5 servers aren't normally horrifically different. But on the rare occasion that I can nab up a Lightsaber Pike for 10 million, that's something I'd happily toss 300-400 CC at.

Apparently, 1k CC is a huge barrier for this. However, i disagree that cheap transfers must be constant because it will allow gtn traders, pvp wintraders to abuse the system and cause many problems for the game. Dont do it constant

This didn’t happen much before to my knowledge, why would it happen now. Even if people did switch back and forth for GTN stuff, there are so few servers that all it would eventually do is even out the GTN economy across all servers. That’s actually benefitial for the game as a whole.

And Wintaders don’t need to transfer to do that. They have multiple Alts on multiple servers. They certainly don’t need to transfer to cheat.

None of what you’ve said would cause any problems in the game, if anything it would benefit the game.

When there were cheap character transfers, I used to buy them to transfer characters (and credits) over to one server, buy a cheap item in the GTN, and then transfer it back to my main.

Granted, as there are fewer servers now, there is less of a need. The prices between the 5 servers aren't normally horrifically different. But on the rare occasion that I can nab up a Lightsaber Pike for 10 million, that's something I'd happily toss 300-400 CC at.

The other thing is you may want one piece to complete and outfit that is never available on your server, but there are plenty on another server. Being able to transfer over to get it means being able to get something you otherwise never be able to get.

If people could transfer “freely”, most GTN prices would be the same and things would be more available to everyone.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

This didn’t happen much before to my knowledge, why would it happen now. Even if people did switch back and forth for GTN stuff, there are so few servers that all it would eventually do is even out the GTN economy across all servers. That’s actually benefitial for the game as a whole.

And Wintaders don’t need to transfer to do that. They have multiple Alts on multiple servers. They certainly don’t need to transfer to cheat.

None of what you’ve said would cause any problems in the game, if anything it would benefit the game.

You are pretty mistaken. Iam one of those who abused cheap transfers and got more than 400 millions on this. The prices on dm, leviathan, and tulak hord on different things are varying considerably on all kind of things. It causes huge i impact on gtn because those who are doing it having tonnes of easy credits on their hands.

Same about the Wintraders/syncers: people are transferring their mains to less populated server (the most popular variant is leviathan), wontrading/qsyncing there, receiving tonnes of easy elo, and then returning their mains back to home-server showing everyone "how skilled they are". if i were on dev place i would make character transfers 3k not 1k lol but provided certain periods of time (during holidays, weekends for example)

BUT constant cheap transfers will really kill the game in terms of economy and ranked competition. There is also one more reason why cheap transfers must not be constant, however this reason is more complicated so i just wrote it to Keith and Eric except making it public.

/No to constant transfers

You are pretty mistaken. Iam one of those who abused cheap transfers and got more than 400 millions on this. The prices on dm, leviathan, and tulak hord on different things are varying considerably on all kind of things. It causes huge i impact on gtn because those who are doing it having tonnes of easy credits on their hands.

Abused? Don't be ridiculous. I did it too. So you made credits with yours, I got 99% of my cartel collection and my prestige is one of the highest on the server. I AM NOT rich by far. Hardly abused the system as anybody could have done it.

The other thing is you may want one piece to complete and outfit that is never available on your server, but there are plenty on another server. Being able to transfer over to get it means being able to get something you otherwise never be able to get.

If people could transfer “freely”, most GTN prices would be the same and things would be more available to everyone.

^ This to me is just awesome logic. Nothing bad at all.

Same about the Wintraders/syncers: people are transferring their mains to less populated server (the most popular variant is leviathan), wontrading/qsyncing there, receiving tonnes of easy elo, and then returning their mains back to home-server showing everyone "how skilled they are". if i were on dev place i would make character transfers 3k not 1k lol but provided certain periods of time (during holidays, weekends for example)

So you did it and got rich from it but now you don't want others to get this? I'm glad to see you're taking one for the team here. You poor soul. Must have been horrible making all those credits in order to protect the rest of us. And no, the cheaters and criminals didn't care about 90cc transfers or 10,000 cc transfers. I don't think we need to cry for them at all.

BUT constant cheap transfers will really kill the game in terms of economy and ranked competition.

Um, hello? Have you seen what's happened to Conquest and soon tanks? Bioware doesn't need any help in killing this game. They are perfectly capable all on their own. Trust me, it wasn't 90cc transfers.

Edited by Zerileth

Abused? Don't be ridiculous. I did it too. So you made credits with yours, I got 99% of my cartel collection and my prestige is one of the highest on the server. I AM NOT rich by far. Hardly abused the system as anybody could have done it.

^ This to me is just awesome logic. Nothing bad at all.

So you did it and got rich from it but now you don't want others to get this? I'm glad to see you're taking one for the team here. You poor soul. Must have been horrible making all those credits in order to protect the rest of us. And no, the cheaters and criminals didn't care about 90cc transfers or 10,000 cc transfers. I don't think we need to cry for them at all.

Um, hello? Have you seen what's happened to Conquest and soon tanks? Bioware doesn't need any help in killing this game. They are perfectly capable all on their own. Trust me, it wasn't 90cc transfers.

Sorry what? I never said iam proud of what i did, the actions of abusers like me had bad impact on game economy since transfer sellers received tonnes of additional credits on hands by buying things which cost on my home server for smaller price and selling them on other server for much bigger price. Then ofcourse i returned back to my home server and spent those free credits to buy expensive gear outfitts, weapons, mounts etc. And now imagine that there were MANY ABUSERS LIKE ME bringing easy credits to their home servers, buying everything they want from gtn and destroying all competition on gtn causing inflation. Constant cheap server transfers was one of the reasons credits were moving from one server to another and being all used on one server (home server). Of course it caused many problems to game economy.

Now iam just trying to point out (using my own example) that devs did the right thing removing constant cheap server transfers. Personally, i dont care if they do so or no bit if they do ill start to abuse it again to get tonnes of more credits since it's not against ToS.

About killing the game, the game is being killed not only by devs but also because of abusers and cheaters. Cheap transfers makes it easy for those who are willing to wintrade to transfer mains and alts to another server for easy wintrade/qsync. If you were monitoring previous arena system you would see how many people were transfering from red eclipse to french and german servers for doing their dirty wintrade business but returned back when they got the needed elo. With big prices it costs pretty much for them (so at least they have to pay much real money to transfer all alts and main character), and takes more time to do it (if they expect to use only monthly granted cc).

Making character transfers constant will cause many negative features for some spheres of the game, iam sure of it

BUT constant cheap transfers will really kill the game in terms of economy and ranked competition. There is also one more reason why cheap transfers must not be constant, however this reason is more complicated so i just wrote it to Keith and Eric except making it public.

/No to constant transfers

It must be a European thing because I don’t see these sorts of problems in the US

Edited by TrixxieTriss