Companions 101: Corso Riggs

CourtneyWoods

Corso is tied with Kaliyo as worst companion in the game. I hate him so much.

He's such a patronizing, misogynist imbecile that half the time I wanted to punch him and the other half of the time I laughed straight in his face.

Edited by Tatile
  • Sad 1

Corso is tied with Kaliyo as worst companion in the game. I hate him so much.

Cannot say I liked Corso so much either, but probably Gault is the worst companion not Corso. Corso probably 3rd worst.:cool:

I love Corso's humor. Example: (and this will be a spoiler for Belsavis, so be forewarned)

***SPOILER***

*Smuggler, Corso and Ivory are surrounded by mercs intending to kill the lot of them*

Smuggler: (to Ivory, whilst trying to work out a deal) You had better know something better than just what Rogun's favorite drink is.

Ivory:*rattles off his favorite drink*

Corso: [deadpan] There we go. Now we got what we needed. We can go now.

*still surrounded by murderous mercs*

---------------------

Tatooine, in a bar

Bartender: (to fem!Smuggler) Face like yours gets a lot of notice around here. Never have to buy yourself drinks.

Corso: Thanks, pal. I've always thought of myself as classically good-looking.

Fem!Smuggler: You do have a sort of timeless look about you.

Corso: Nice of you to notice.

• Haha 1

Hey everyone!

Please share your favorite Corso moments this thread. My personal favorite moment is...

When he had had a little bit too much to drink during one of our earlier conversations. It was really adorable how he said I should be treated properly like a lady.

You can also suggest who you would like to see in our next Companions 101 blog. Please keep in mind that next week we will be focusing on a Companion for the Sith Inquisitor, since we haven't focused on a Companion for that Class yet. You can still vote for other Companions, just be aware that it will be going towards the order of the second round of the Companions 101 series. :jawa_cool:

Well next i am so voting Bowdaar or Torian cause they have a really cool story behind them. Also favorite companion is Torian.

Edited by crqp

Since ever companion featured so far has been the first romancable companion for each base class I would say our only choices will be between Andronikos (Inquisitor) and Tharan (Counsular).

So ... Andronikos, please! -- I would actually pick Qyzen over Tharan anyway ;)

I started playing the Smuggler class JUST because I heard you get a Wookiee companion, and I seriously love me some Wookiees. Then I met Corso and my Smuggler fell in love. :D He's so charming.

For the next companion, I'd like to request Andronikos Revel. Mmm, Steve Blum pirate. I'd also love to see a Companions 101 piece on Malavai Quinn in the future. :D

This happened last night. I completed Corso's companion mission to rescuer an old ally from the hands of cannibals. Back on the ship Corso was wondering what could bring people to cannibalism. My smuggler's response was that if the ship's crew is forced into cannibabilism, he gets dibs on Risha. Corso said, "Captain, that's horrible! But you'll save me a piece, right?"

Probably the funniest response I've had yet.

I can see some women not being enamoured of Corso's overly chivalristic ways, but as far as a guy is concerned, there's no better buddy than Corso.

I hated Corso. Until I got the rakghoul appearance option for him that is. Now I tell everyone I killed the poor sod and he's just too dumb to realize he's dead.

lol I did the same thing. I also put the shock collar on him from the belsavis social item vendor....

He went from 'mildly annoying' to 'I would pay cartel coins to punt him off my ship' when the game essentially started penalizing me for not flirting with him -- in more than one conversation, the only affection gain option is to flirt with him, and the rest were negative affection. Just no.

I'd like a bio about Guss Tuno. He is my favorite companion.

I rolled my first smuggler as a male, and was super pleased with Corso all the way through the entire story line, and even into the level 55 content! There's no mistaking his "YEEEHAAAW" and his remarks are always a giggle. His location observation remark on Taris is one of my favorites in the game: "Why do we always end up walking through sewers? Just once I'd like to leave a place smelling like flowers!" I enjoyed Corso so much, that I rolled a female smuggler just to see how the relationship pans out.

Regarding the next companion for the 101 series, My vote for the Inquisitor is Talos. He's quirky and pro-empire, but his adventures as a part of the Reclamation Service and super inquisitive mind that is always trying to draw new connections to everything would be really fun to have expounded upon.

Also, for future reference as the Inquisitor is the next up, I would vote for:

Vector as a great companion to look at more deeply. He's easily one of my favorite companions in game.

Blizz is another great choice! He's just so much fun, I respec'd my PT so that Blizz could tank for me.

Jaesa would be my next choice in the SW line as she's the only companion whose character is dependant upon the decisions the player makes to acquire her, and I think that she'd be great to review just to side-by-side the LS and DS versions

For the republic, I would like to see:

Scourge His dedication to the Empire is best served as a Jedi's companion.... that should be all the motive anyone needs to want to learn more about this fascinating, Pureblood.

Nadia would be a great companion to look at because she's new to The Order and to The Republic. I would like to see a bit more of her perspective from growing up (perhaps without all the dead father baggage, and more of the relationship with her dad)

Akaavi For the Male smuggler, there's no doubt that she's wifey ;-) While she may seem simple enough (GRRRR MANDO GRRRRRR) her complexities come out as you get closer, and I'd like to see some of that elaborated upon.

M1-4X Eaily my favorite trooper companion, I would like to see this blog APPLY OVERWHELMING FORCE to give me more of 4X. He's not your everyday droid, and his personality wasn't crafted with traditional Republic.... um... oh the word.... weakness.... no..... more tolerance. He's just not your average Republic mind with his dedication to extermination, genocide and total victory.

I'd be willing to bet non-existent Cartel Coins that we get Andronikos or *shudder* Ashara unless Comps 101 takes a drastic turn. Every companion featured thus far is a love interest, and since the next is focusing on SI I'd be pleasantly shocked if it turned out to be Talos (or Khem or Xalek).

As for Corso: my female scoundrel tried to get him to leap off the top of the Pub base on Ilum last night during guild July 4th festivities. He stubbornly refused to budge from the edge. He's not as stupid as he seems...but then again there's always a next time ;)

As for Corso: my female scoundrel tried to get him to leap off the top of the Pub base on Ilum last night during guild July 4th festivities. He stubbornly refused to budge from the edge. He's not as stupid as he seems...but then again there's always a next time ;)

Kiss him on the cheek and then give him a shove :p

Kiss him on the cheek and then give him a shove :p

Hehe- "Gotta brand-spankin'-shiny-new Black Nebula for you! I call it 'Ouchy' and it's right down there on that tiny ledge...what? Of course there's a ledge, frostbite gone to your brain or something? There ya go...one more step...oops, you missed it by an inch...oooh, that looks like it hurts..." :D

Being sawbones, it wouldn't take much to patch him up with a little help from Guss. We could install a kolto tank right in the spot where Darth Bandon's head used to be and surround it with candles ;)

Hehe- "Gotta brand-spankin'-shiny-new Black Nebula for you! I call it 'Ouchy' and it's right down there on that tiny ledge...what? Of course there's a ledge, frostbite gone to your brain or something? There ya go...one more step...oops, you missed it by an inch...oooh, that looks like it hurts..." :D

Being sawbones, it wouldn't take much to patch him up with a little help from Guss. We could install a kolto tank right in the spot where Darth Bandon's head used to be and surround it with candles ;)

I don't think Riisha would mind much and Akaavi would probably feel disappointed that someone who's been on the crew for long could be so dumb... well, he does seem to be so trusting of women...:rolleyes: