Best story

ejbsuperbat

The sorc story is fun to play and has a few interessting choices to be made, the bounty hunter gets better with the chapters.

As far as reps are concerned, smuggler has quite a few cheeky lines while the sage can optionally be played DS for a bit of shock coming from the ppl you meet. The trooper story is my least favorite story, but only cause I h8 the few options that have impact on the story itself...and prolly the most boring companions of all.

Inquisitor is good to play so long as you have a vision for them i.e. what sort of person are you and what do you want?

Recommend male because of Ashara Zavros, who has around half of her character development off in her romance arc.

If you've already done Agent and Knight, Inquisitor is my next recommendation. I like the male version as well, sounds perfect for a Sith immersed in the side (far more than Warrior in my opinion).

Otherwise for the rest:

Smuggler is fun just for the character. I'm thinking of replaying it myself.

Consular gets better as you go.

BH is meh. You're a bounty hunter, you hunt things. The end. Mako made it for me but your mileage may vary.

Trooper is likewise meh but made by some rare gems I won't spoil (but rhyme with Axo) and I found it best playing with some sociopath soldier tropes every now and then.

For what you haven't done, i've found the Trooper story to be surprisingly really fun. Since launch all i kept hearing is it's one of the bland ones but i really enjoy it. You'll love it if you like the idea of just being a grunt, a soldier and the moral dileme that comes with where do your loyalties truly lie? The commanding officer/ military that trains/pays you with their agenda? The senators/government you swore to protect with their agenda? Or the citizens of the government you swore to protect who are ignorant as to what is really going on but also innocent? It's a constant choice being thrown at you.

I like smuggler Chapter 1 but found it bad after that.

Inquisitor is fun in an ultimate power kind of way

Consular is fun if you like the real idea of being a Jedi and politics/diplomacy.

Bounty Hunter i don't like but the companions are great.

Everyone will have different feelings about the class stories. I can only tell you, what I thought and how I enjoyed the stories. And you could end up thinking I'm nuts, lol. I only figure, to each his own.

For me, then (and from best on down):

(1) Bounty Hunter. The Hunter has the best companions of the game, imo. If I lose them in the expansion, I may weep into my morning breakfast out of sheer grief. What I liked best about the story, is playing a character who just basically tells everyone around her, "To heck with your politics." And it didn't matter how high-ranking or proper they were, even. I loved it all! Played: 2 times to end-game

(2) Smuggler. Fun. Funny. I laughed the entire way through the story, from Ord Mantell all the way to Ziost. My Smuggler is hands-down amazingly fun to play! And as a healer in end-game, it's the Scoundrel I prefer playing more than any other. This class ended up my Main. Played: 3 times to end-game

(3) Sith Warrior. Say what you will about Quinn. But he's an interesting character and totally makes for something fascinating about the story. I liked being a character that everyone kowtowed to at every turn, liked jumping into the fray with lightsaber flashing, and downright liked the tale. Played: 2 times to end-game

(4) Imperial Agent. Chapter 2 of this story is perhaps the best chapter of any class story in the entire game. I felt like I was involved in a Bourne movie then, and it totally made up for the Bond-esque story of Chapter 1. My Agent is a powerful and engaging character, and I absolutely fell in love with him. (oh and hint, Bioware: don't do anything to Temple, even though my seduction-trained Agent flirted with everyone ... he only did his job!) Played: 1 time to end-game (after numerous deletes through Ch 1)

(5) Jedi Knight. My Knight saved so many planets by the end of the story, I finally decided that should be her mantra. I liked Doc, with his snarky commitment-phobia and the amusing one-liners he tosses out so regularly. And I liked the combat motions the Knight made as she went along. Played: 1 time to end-game

(6) Jedi Consular. Oh, yea, and I played a male Sage, btw. I liked Nadia more than Iresso, anyway. I liked how well-written this class was, hands-down! Anyone who's played Consular in the table-top can definitely appreciate the story, here. He's a diplomat, a negotiator -- even before he throws things at people! Very good writing! Played: 1 time to end-game

(7) Sith Inquisitor. I'd actually give this one a tie between the Consular story. They're both good tales and flow very well. I did like the companions of the Inquisitor more than those of the Consular. But in the end, I thought the Corellia arc for the Consular beat out the Inquisitor's determined feud with another Sith. But both stories are good. Played: 1 time to end-game

(8) Trooper. I was a Soldier and then married to another Soldier. I was well-able to relate to the Trooper tale, to the proper order and routine of the story. But in the end, it was so much the same as what I'd seen and done for so many years that I just didn't LIKE it too much. Funnily enough, though, I have two end-game Troopers. Played: 2 times to end-game (prefer Commando)

My favorite scene in the whole game is when a jedi tries to use jedi mind trick on BH and one of the options lets you wave your hand in the jedi's face tell the jedi "you will come to realize that you are an idiot'.

I like that darkside BH can beat up Alderaanan nobles who look down on him.

IMO:

1) Agent: Everything about this story is written tightly and cohesively. It offers lots of interesting LS/DS choices, remember previous ones, and your alignment actually ends up feeling like it matters. Both the voice actors are amazing, which can make or break a character. And don't tell me you've never wanted to be Sam Fisher in space.

2) Warrior: The first one I ever played, and it was a great entry to the game. Like the Agent, it's got lots of variation in LS/DS--Act I in particular is very different for a LS Warrior--a solid plot, and top-notch voice acting. Juggs/Maras are both fun to play and fun to watch in battle, with their very brutal but awesome strikes and swings. I also loved how you could invert the "dumb brute" stereotype associated with a big, hulking Sith--the class-specific lines are really good.

3) Knight: A true hero story, where you are a True Hero. You directly save more people here than all the other stories combined, and it feels good. Like the Warrior, I enjoy watching the Knight's animations in battle. The companions are a fun little bundle, the story's solid, the voice acting is pretty good, and I get to be a real Jedi. What's not to love?

4) Inquisitor: The Inquisitor has the honor of getting the best lines in the game. LS or DS, you pretty much always have something cool or hilarious to say, and that really helps give this class life. The rise from slave to Sith lord is documented well, and the ending cinematics are too damn satisfying for words.

5) Hunter: I love the companions. You get a really solid, tight-knight group (excluding Skadge), and they're all loveable in their own way. It's plot isn't too interesting until Act III--you're a bounty hunter, you hunt people, plain and simple--but I like the class-specific lines and the villain in Act III is very, very hateable.

6) Smuggler: Playing a cheeky bastard like the Inquisitor, minus what made me like the Inquisitor: plot and companions. One thing it has over the Inquisitor is good treatment of LS/DS--Inquisitor leans pretty heavily Dark--but other than that it's kinda lackluster. You don't actually do much smuggling, and mostly get played. However, the Smuggler is a really fun character, between the perpetual cheerfulness, wisecracks, and flirtation.

7) Consular: I'm going to say right now that Consular Act III is amazing. Unfortunately, the rest of it isn't, which is a shame because being a Jedi diplomat who deals in the shadows sounded really, really good. Act I is stupidly slow and the voice acting is by far the worst in the game. Consular's saved from last because of fun classes and a much-improved finale.

8) Trooper: I just could not get emotionally invested in this, no matter what. The companions were lackluster, the voice acting surprisingly mediocre, the plot was never very interesting, and it was just in general one big giant slog.

• 4 weeks later...
I am about to finish my agent, I also have done knight and warrior but what Is the best story now? With 12XP I am just doing class missions. On a side note: when does 12X XP end?

Personally my favorite is the inquisitor, because out of all of them it is the only class where you get to truly build up a power base that is loyal to you, outside of your companions. Plus depending on how you play it, act three can get really deep with dialogue options that show that you really don't want to be entangled in all these power plays and they are really pointless, and thanaton agrees, and both of you keep saying things like," I wish this could have been different." Plus it really allows you to see the dynamic of the sith playing off of each other rather well.

I'm on my 21st alt so I'll give you pointers.

Imperial Agent -

you got Light side story \ Neutral Story and Dark Side story. each one with different ending and plot.

Bounty Hunter

Dark and light bit different but mostly non Dark\light choices will make a difference.

Sith Warrior

Dark Light has variety in the path you take but overall same thing. I prefer dark side.

Sith Inquisitor

You can be Light \ Neutral \ Dark - Each one will give you different title in the end. Plot wise the Light and Dark (stick to one) have different ending.

I prefer dark side for [shock] Value. Also it's nice walking into every quest and start with: "A Sith is in your presence, Should I say more?" then everyone grovel.

JK -

I didn't noticed any difference between light and dark main plot choices you walk same path. should be KOTOR 3 plot. pretty boring didn't liked it.

JC-

This one is different in major choices when you pick light and dark side. light side makes more sense while dark is weird.

Also I recommend to play this one + the main planet quest line at the same time. This class has a story which is connected to each planet main quest line.

Smuggler-

Dark and light have different endings, also plot is changed if you are dark or light.

Light - You are republic privateer and war hero.

Dark - You are the madafaka Pirate king of space smugglers.

Trooper -

Dark - You are robot soldier which takes bribes while do whatever your commander tells you to do. like killing civilians etc..

Light - you are disobeying orders and sacrifice mission objectives in order to uphold the ideals of freedom.

Sith classes I'll recommend to choose dark side all the time or at least as much as possible. sometimes a neutral non dark\light choice would lead to new UBER dark or light choice like in this:

You can kill Harkun if you first pick neutral choice then you zap him...

here I took video:

https://youtu.be/eaJ-rOQYNoQ

For Jedi Classes stick with light side as it makes most sense. some choices in the dark side story are weird beyond sense.

Smuggler\Trooper\Bounty hunter you will benefit most if you mix dark and light side choices... pick yourself a personality and stick with it.

Imperial Agent.... no brainer... play 3 times! 1 pure dark,,, 1 pure light and one neutral.

here is why:

Dark - You become the hand of Jadus \ head of sith intelligence.

Light - you defect to the republic and serve in the SIS.

Neutral - You are batman \ or you restore the imperial intelligence... your choice.

I've leveled 7 classes to 60, and have a trooper stuck at 44. Just after the end of Chapter 2.. I've gotten several troopers to this point, and I honestly just can't make it. I don't know what it is... but I don't feel connected to them at all. I like the companions just fine (except VIk, he can DIAF). But... I think running through the Senate Tower 9000 times gets tiring. That's not the reason, but I need an excuse!

I enjoyed all of them, otherwise. IA, the most, JK after that. And the rest were about even. I think the BH had the most 'eh' story, but I managed to push through it. Thoughts (hopefully) of killing Skadge in KOTFE were fueling me on.

Well, if you have finished the Warrior and the Agent first (these two are the best ones in the whole game IMO), you should probably try inquisitor next. The Bountry Hunter's storyline was kinda okay, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the Agent's or the Warrior's. From what I hear, the Smuggler's storyline was okay too.

A male Light Inquisitor is hands down the biggest troll in the game. People who complain the class isn't manipulative enough must play it heavy Dark. Male recommended because you will often BS someone with reasons when you are actually trying to make the girlfriend happy.

Warrior is excellent for playing almost any variant you want in alignment. Also has some of the best lines and taunting.

The Knight story is conceptually epic but the MMO conventions of "now this zone for X levels" make it drag in Act II (that your NPC Jedi are being morons doesn't help). Knight also suffers from being railroaded as Lawful Good. The Light choices are exactly what you'd expect from a Jedi and the many of the Dark choices just amount to being corrupt or really stupid and poorly trained. Based on what happens to NPCs in your story, you should also be grounded to Tython after the first couple doozies.

Edited by Canareth

I've been off and on over the last couple of years, but I've finally buckled down on my Inquisitor and just finished his main class story, and I absolutely loved it. I'd recommend it for anyone who feels that they are the underdog.

Next I'm gonna finish my Agent. I'm enjoying her story and I only just got off the starter planet. From there, I should be able to level one more, I have a warrior and trooper started, but because of this thread I may go smuggler.

I've only played the entire Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior and Inquisitor stories as of now. Kind of sad for someone who has been a sub since December 2012...

Anyway, out of the three I have played, I'd say my favorite had to be Jedi Knight, but Warrior being a very close second. Inquisitor storyline is still really good though.

I have played all the class stories through with my main 8, and doing 4 alts for different LS/DS options, who haven't completed their class stories yet. From top to bottom -

1.My favorite would have to be the inquisitor - <DS>, the whole rags to riches aspect , and gaining power is just done very well. Plus he got to totally powertrip. <unlimited POWAH>>>> He wants to be the next Emperor, though actually ruling the galaxy, not eating it...

2. I took the BH Lightside, but fully Mando, I liked the companion stories a bit better than the class story itself. And of course the oneliner <waves hand>"you realize that you look totally ridiculous" to the Jedi, top oneliner in the game.

3. My JK <LS>, is the typical hero, pretty much what is "expected", but I do like her story, pretty much getting everyone together for the final assault on Corellia was the highlight.

4. SW I did dark for my main, going through now with a Lightside, is pretty awesome for the reactions I get from the opposing side. My darkside warrior Kind of "meh" once you hit Ziost though... feel as though my warrior is sort of lost without her former "employer".

5. My James Bond, I mean, Imperial agent. Went dark side except for the ending of the class story - <wanted to be independent without anymore "mind control" - who chooses the Empire to work for, for her own reasons, not being manipulated by others>., I play her as a fairly loyal imperialist but the Chiss come first...

6. Trooper - typical soldier's story here. Nice for the military feel.

7. JC - first part was rather "meh" but got better starting from Alderaan when I got to do some diplomatic work with him.

8. Smuggler. Has some very amusing one-liners, but the story itself is sort of wishy-washy. He's basically a hired gun in a force-using universe, he didn't really get to SMUGGLE anything. <the closest being when he was Accused of doing so on Voss>.

I think my favorite cutscene is the Imperial ending on Yavin. Let us grasp it... gotta love Darth Marr. ;-)

Favorite music? Imperial Balmorra.

Missed Opportunity for story? - I wish on Korriban Incusion - for the Inquisitor, going into the Dark Council Chambers, he <she> should have something to say about the Jedi who wrought such destruction to his whole "world" - the Dark Council chamber <similar to the lines the Dark council member has that you confront if you play a pub character through this flashpoint>.