Please give us less adaptive bra's and more actual clothes for females

I love to shop on the GTN, and I buy the occasional adaptive armor, as some of it looks pretty good. The problem is a lot of the adaptive armor for females are just a bra. Some look fancy, some have short sleeves and so on, but most I find are just variations of the slave girl outfit. Which I hate, for that matter. (But considering how often I see a female companion wearing it, I know it's gotta be one of the most popular armors in the entire game after the Eradicator mask.)

What I don't get is why you have to sink so low to make it very difficult for female players to not look scantly clad. My jedi fortuately wears a heavy robe, but even she got to wear a bra at some point. Listed as heavy armor. How does that even make any sense? I'm just really tired of it. I know there are a lot of pigs in the game, but I really hope the developers can ignore them and focus on us normal people for a while. Newsflash: Women play games too, in case you didn't know.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree fully with this. I'm a guy, but I'm also a firm believer that half-nakedness should be restricted to the bedroom or possibly casual rp, whereas on the battlefield characters both male and female should be dressed a bit more seriously.

The thing is, it really isn't that bad in this game. I want to make clear, I don't want to see every female running around in two nickles and a sticky note, but I think you might be exaggerating a little bit. Yes, there are a few skimpy outfits out there, but what rpg doesn't? (ok I'm sure there are a few out there). This game has no more amount of skin showing compared to the rest of the Star Wars universe. Also, this game isn't NEARLY as bad as some other games out there (Tera, WoW, Age of Conan), and if you compare the amount of exposing armor to the non exposing, there is a huge difference.

If you want to wear full clothes, you chose the wrong galaxy, people. This universe is a giant phallocracy and women have only two roles: Helpless damsel diplomat or sexy sleazy slave girl.

And even then, both professions have the same wardrobe, so put on your pasties and dance for your saucy male masters!

:rolleyes:

lol there are enough types of armor you can cover with as much as you want :D I dont see what is the problem if we have a few bras to chose from, that are actually not so many - the dancer's top (and 2-3 variations of it with different names) and the relaxed tops (2 variations). Actually I want to see more bras looking similar to the one from the imperial SK vendor :D

lol there are enough types of armor you can cover with as much as you want
But that's the problem. We can't cover up as much as we want. If it's not a bra or showing a huge cleavage, it's skin-tight. Even the heaviest armor I can find looks like it's painted on my character. It looks stupid, and I don't even want to think about how it's possible to move around in it. Not to mention how warm it must be in there, even on regular planets. Heavy armor on Tatooine? I'd die of dehydraution in less than five minutes if I tried that for real.

The problem is the only clothes in the entire game i've seen that isn't skin-tight are the robes, and honestly, robes are getting boring. Why can't we have normal clothes? What about baggy pants, or a loose shirt? Anything other than painting my clothes on me.

Hmm... the only ones ive seen that are that way are the revelers-type outfits. 4 of them in total.

You cant really count the relaxed outfits since they are just as revealing on a male as the female one.

The others are all the same for males and females (im not counting the ones with mods in them, since noone hardly ever uses them).

And the last time we had one of those revelers type outfits was quite a few packs back if i remember correctly.

But that's the problem. We can't cover up as much as we want. If it's not a bra or showing a huge cleavage, it's skin-tight. Even the heaviest armor I can find looks like it's painted on my character. It looks stupid, and I don't even want to think about how it's possible to move around in it. Not to mention how warm it must be in there, even on regular planets. Heavy armor on Tatooine? I'd die of dehydraution in less than five minutes if I tried that for real.

The problem is the only clothes in the entire game i've seen that isn't skin-tight are the robes, and honestly, robes are getting boring. Why can't we have normal clothes? What about baggy pants, or a loose shirt? Anything other than painting my clothes on me.

Well that goes for both male and female outfits.

It seems that its just the "fasion" of the times to have tightfitting clothes.

Or rather, i dont think they can create loose clothes that are convincing...

We wont see loosy armor in this game cause the way they design the armor is different to SWG, Age of Conan and I bet many other games but I've seen only these two so.. Its nothing to do with the fashion, its more like a graphic decision of theirs. Im not a graphic specialits but it seems to me that they just fit it to the body as if its part of it. Just look how the collars deform when your characters move their necks :D

In general, I'm not happy with the overall armor design in this game, but even if Im a woman I dont mind my toons to wear bras :D so yeah not only the "pigs" like that :p

Edited by Arweniel

I love to shop on the GTN, and I buy the occasional adaptive armor, as some of it looks pretty good. The problem is a lot of the adaptive armor for females are just a bra. Some look fancy, some have short sleeves and so on, but most I find are just variations of the slave girl outfit. Which I hate, for that matter. (But considering how often I see a female companion wearing it, I know it's gotta be one of the most popular armors in the entire game after the Eradicator mask.)

What I don't get is why you have to sink so low to make it very difficult for female players to not look scantly clad. My jedi fortuately wears a heavy robe, but even she got to wear a bra at some point. Listed as heavy armor. How does that even make any sense? I'm just really tired of it. I know there are a lot of pigs in the game, but I really hope the developers can ignore them and focus on us normal people for a while. Newsflash: Women play games too, in case you didn't know.

Can someone explain this to me...are pigs known to be pervs?

We wont see loosy armor in this game cause the way they design the armor is different to SWG, Age of Conan and I bet many other games but I've seen only these two so.. Its nothing to do with the fashion, its more like a graphic decision of theirs. Im not a graphic specialits but it seems to me that they just fit it to the body as if its part of it.

Baggy clothes like flowing hair is hard to do and doesn't look like something this engine supports. In this engine, baggy clothes will look stiff and likely have a ton of clipping issues.

Just look how the collars deform when your characters move their necks :D

That's a flaw. Either there's no appropriate bone(s) for it to be influenced by or it's being influenced by the wrong one(s).

seriously this is not the sims 3....

You are at war...btw all my toons are female and i like the armour look alot. my merc look like a hot trooper (in armour not a bra top or whaterver ) and i like it :-)

I do not really understand what youre concern is? if you want less showing clothing theire is plenty no?

Baggy clothes like flowing hair is hard to do and doesn't look like something this engine supports. In this engine, baggy clothes will look stiff and likely have a ton of clipping issues.

That's a flaw. Either there's no appropriate bone(s) for it to be influenced by or it's being influenced by the wrong one(s).

Ah, tnx for clearing that out for me :) I knew that for some reason they cant support this, but I had no idea why.

Game engine aside, when you're strapping on a heavy suit of armor you do not want it to fit loosely. Having played a goalie in ice hockey (possibly the heaviest "armored" athlete on the planet) for about 7 years I can say that a tight fit is essential to the functioning of your gear. When something comes loose it feels bulky and heavy, not to mention it can bind up on itself restricting your range of motion. As for wearing something like that on Tatooine... I like to think it has internal temperature regulation like a space suit.

I want to make clear, I don't want to see every female running around in two nickles and a sticky note

I have to admit, I lol'd at that line. In all seriousness, I find there's a good balance of all types of armor in this game. My female toon wears the full rakata warrior gear which is about as bulky as anything they've made.I see a lot of female toons and companions wearing close to nothing, but the vast majority of ladies running around fleet are in 'normal' clothes. On the flip side, check out this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=425762

We wont see loosy armor in this game cause the way they design the armor is different to SWG, Age of Conan
Age of Conan somehow managed to let me start the game in see-through panties and no bra, but with absurd 'jiggly physics'. Yay for first impressions... On the other end, there's the female hobbits in Lord of the Rings Onilne, the ratongs and variuos other races in EverQuest 2, the asura in Guild Wars 2, the foxes in Vanguard and so on. There's tons of races where the females look rather normal, despite being non-human. So why are humans so hard to get right?

Game engine aside, when you're strapping on a heavy suit of armor you do not want it to fit loosely.
Did you even look at the picture I linked to? It's Leia from Episode 6, dressed as a bounty hunter in Jabba's palance. And know what? She isn't wearing 'baggy' or 'loose' armor, and yet it's hard to tell she's a woman. That's what I want in the game. I don't want supermodels. I want real people in real clothes.

http://www.jedidefender.com/collect92/boushh%20rotj.jpg

Edited by RepublicChicken

I recently put together this look primarily using Cartel Market stuff. The only thing not from the Cartel Market is her hat (and it's also the only thing that I've color-matched). I'm pretty happy with it. It's neither revealing nor (for the most part) skintight. It's even made up of multiple layers. It's fashionable, but quite normal.

http://imgur.com/znh7LLC

It's quite normal body paint, yes... Clothes don't follow the breasts around like that, but tries to smoothen out as best it can. That's because it's very soft, so if you bend it, it won't stick to that position when you let go. Heavy armor don't move much at all, so that should definitely not curve like it does in the game. Edited by RepublicChicken

Still, it is one of the blousier (is that a word?) looks in the game. There's space between her clothes and her skin (well, fur) in several places. The cloth has some thickness to it. The skirt certainly isn't tight.

Like anything else in the world, it's not without its flaws. Personally, I'd prefer some sort of loafer or ankle boot with it. But I also know that pants in this game don't go down past the top of the shin, so we won't be seeing any footwear that doesn't extend up to that point. So, I make do within the constraints of the system.

I was just looking to share an outfit I like in the hopes that you might like it as well, RC. Sorry it didn't work out that way.