Collections: Revan's Mask should be stand-alone

Repost from another sub-forum upon a recommendation of a mod.

If the title is not clear, currently Revan's Mask is in group with the other parts of Armor of Darth Revan set in the Collections feature. So to use the Collections feature on the Mask, the chest, leggings, gloves and belt are needed too. It's already an expensive hobby to get the Mask, but the gloves and belt are rare nowadays too because nobody gets those cartel packs anymore. Frankly, they are sold for millions each on most servers. And I don't want to spend millions again while I've already done the thing for the Mask.

TL;DR

Please make the Revan's Mask stand-alone, separate from the Armor of Darth Revan set in the Collections feature so it could be used by those who are in the possession of only the mask too.

Edited by Yasin

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up! I'll put those old gloves that just wouldn't sell on the GTN tomorrow, since their value must've increased as well :D

Nahh, I won't charge much. 150-200k maybe?

I went as low as 25k just 2 weeks ago and they still wouldn't sell, but now.. Muwahahahah.

I disagree. Revan's Mask came out with 2 other pieces, chest and legs in the same pack, and with the gloves and belt, if you want Revan's set, you better fork it up.

Also, it wont be standalone, it would add a whole extra slot in the Collections UI. literally being a waste of data and space. Thats why they go in sets. Keep in mind, they have said before, increasing the quest log would heavily decrease performance.

I totally support this. I have the mask and the gloves, but it is nigh-impossible to find that sash on Jung Ma. Nobody wants to waste CC opening Space Pirate packs as they don't drop rep items and everything in them is rather lack luster.

Worst part is, I have no desire to wear the sash, pretty much ever. It wasn't even a part of Revan's KotOR attire and it looks quite silly IMO.

So either make the mask a separate piece in the collection, or put the gloves/sash in a pack that people will actually open(one with rep items).

I disagree. Revan's Mask came out with 2 other pieces, chest and legs in the same pack, and with the gloves and belt, if you want Revan's set, you better fork it up.

Also, it wont be standalone, it would add a whole extra slot in the Collections UI. literally being a waste of data and space. Thats why they go in sets. Keep in mind, they have said before, increasing the quest log would heavily decrease performance.

Yeah, the Mask, Chest Plate and Robes are from Blockade Runner's, and Sash and Gloves are from the Space Pirate's.

If we're going by the same logic, we should suggest them to put the Eradicator's Mask with the rest of the armor too in Collections, because they are in separate slots and wasting valuable data and stuff you know.

Edited by Yasin

Yeah, the Mask, Chest Plate and Robes are from Blockade Runner's, and Sash and Gloves are from the Space Pirate's.

If we're going by the same logic, we should suggest them to put the Eradicator's Mask with the rest of the armor too in Collections, because they are in separate slots and wasting valuable data and stuff you know.

If that's the case then bioware should really follow one rule rather than two separate ones.

Either put the gloves and belt in a separate set on the collections because they was from a separate pack or separate the head pieces from all the sets in the collections section because the eradicators mask is already separate from the rest of its armor in the collections section.

Edited by TekkamanSaber

I sort of agree. The whole purpose of the Collections system is to bind these things as Sets. Quite frankly, given the rarity of the entire set, I actually think 600 Coins is fairly generous for making it account-wide (though many others, I think, should be cheaper). Also, once you make a single item separate from the rest of the set, where do you draw the line? As far as the Eradicator's Mask, I actually think they need to tie it to the set itself, personally.

It does bring up a concern, though; what does this mean for the future of Revan's Bracers or Boots? If added, will they be retroactively added to the existing Collection-unlock?

This wont come to pass any time soon.

Hey, guys, let me give a little background on this decision and how it came to be.

During development of the Collections system, a couple of problems became apparent in terms of how things are architected on the back end of SWTOR. The short form is that making all items in a collection separate items had a lot of nasty side effects. It increased the amount of data storage per character considerably, it increased login times to handle versioning up your character, and it also quintupled the number of things in the collections GUI, making that GUI an unreadable mess. The team working on this feature looked at these problems and decided that the best possible solution to these issues was to consolidate these items into sets.

So, yeah, that's on the design team. I swear, not because we're evil jerk designers, we just kinda failed to fully realize how the feature would end up playing out . We now have a better grasp of the ramifications of this decision, and we're aware of the unhappiness it caused.

We're also aware that using Revan's Mask as an example was a pretty poor call on our part.

We're in the process of evaluating other options that would allow us to give players the functionality that they want, while at the same time address the very real technical and GUI concerns that we faced with our initial architecture of the system. Unfortunately, no option that we come up with is likely to be doable very quickly -- on top of solving the technical problems, we also need to now deal with ensuring anyone who purchases the collected items with the current system end up being correctly credited if we convert something over. As such, I have no ETA for when we will address this.

Edited by Magnusheart

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While on this subject:

I now have all pieces of the Revan armor (Cartel version of the Mask, too), but despite having bound and equipped to the same character, the set was not added to the Collection. Any idea what's going on?

While on this subject:

I now have all pieces of the Revan armor (Cartel version of the Mask, too), but despite having bound and equipped to the same character, the set was not added to the Collection. Any idea what's going on?

On the topic of this thread, no they should not change it now, many including I have worked to get all the pieces, they should just learn for the future.

here is a list of the items that should be bound Ben

Mask

Chest

Robes

Gloves

Belt

If that's the case then bioware should really follow one rule rather than two separate ones.

Either put the gloves and belt in a separate set on the collections because they was from a separate pack or separate the head pieces from all the sets in the collections section because the eradicators mask is already separate from the rest of its armor in the collections section.

These were direct purchases on the market not gamble box armor. People directly paid money for the two different items and so it makes sense not to make them buy both to unlock them in collections.

Already have, but since it's saturday, I don't expect a swift response.

Oh, and to show it:

http://s7.directupload.net/images/130713/nu4iu4u9.png

http://s7.directupload.net/images/130713/4x8bhbgr.png

First try and re-equip everything.

Take everything off

Put everything on

If that doesn't work try putting it in the cargo hold then re-equiping it.