Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Contraband Slot Machine

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LordArtemis
01.22.2015 , 07:05 AM | #1011
Quote: Originally Posted by tdmaha View Post
Nope you will be owing me an apology when I link your multiple quitting POSTS later today.
That wasn't the deal. You can't remake the deal simply because someone PROVED you wrong.

You disappoint me Tdmaha. You should be a person of your word. You need to honor the deal.

Otherwise you cast yourself in a rather poor light for all to see.

Here is my most recent quitting POST....

Quote:
I am REALLY not very happy about this at all.

The thing I feel most foolish about is defending Bioware over this change. Boy do I feel like an idiot.

I think perhaps it might be time to go....
Perhaps it MIGHT be time to go were my words, Verbatim. This is a post I already provided you Tdmaha in one of my responses. And it not my first POST like this...I also indicated I considered leaving the game when they charged for abilities that people already had.

The only THREAD that I have authored with respect to leaving was this one....

Goodbye but not farewell....hopefully

When i had to leave for a short time for health issues. I DO NOT post "I quit" threads.

So there you are...ONE quitting THREAD I authored, more than one POST. You very clearly posted baseless accusations, and now you seem to want to change the deal to avoid having to admit you were wrong in doing so.

Your own words stand in evidence.

So I missed your ONE from YESTERDAY! I said you didn't say anything about them YESTERDAY so posting other pointless rants from a week or more ago was rather pointless.

I must have missed it because of all your quitting threads.

Nice try though....
Again you keep up Art I said yesterday, and like I said I missed your ONE post from yesterday sorry all your quitting threads probably got in the way.
You were in error. You owe me an apology per our agreement.

On topic....If I were to guess, I would say that Bioware is going to have to reconsider this drastic nerf, or at least have a longer conversation about it with the playerbase.

I don't think we should shoot the messenger here. I think EM is probably no more happy about this than many here.

tdmaha
01.22.2015 , 07:23 AM | #1012
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
That wasn't the deal. You can't remake the deal simply because someone PROVED you wrong.

You disappoint me Tdmaha. You should be a person of your word. You need to honor the deal.

Otherwise you cast yourself in a rather poor light for all to see.

Here is my most recent quitting POST....

Verbatim. And it not my first POST like this...I also indicated I considered leaving the game when they charged for abilities that people already had.

The only THREAD that I have authored with respect to leaving was this one....

Goodbye but not farewell....hopefully

So there you are...ONE quitting thread I authored, more than one POST.
And What was my reply to that POST? Oh look another quitting post by Art probably? So if I clled it a post yesterday I ment a post today.

But all in all you have threatened to quit either by post or thresd multiple times. I know for fact there was one during the training cost uproar.

LordArtemis
01.22.2015 , 07:24 AM | #1013
And What was my reply to that POST? Oh look another quitting post by Art probably? So if I clled it a post yesterday I ment a post today.

But all in all you have threatened to quit either by post or thresd multiple times. I know for fact there was one during the training cost uproar.
Quote:
your quitting threads
Quote:
all your quitting threads
Where is my apology.

To continue....if that is even possible....

Why they would choose such a drastic turn after posting the machine as it was escapes me. It just doesn't make any sense. And they really believed that a super rare drop mount would have made players happy?

I think it would be obvious to anyone that that was not going to cut it.

kharathos
01.22.2015 , 07:25 AM | #1014
Hey LordArtemis & tdmaha, just a friendly reminder that this thread right here is about the Contraband Slot machine, not about the two of you and your little days of our lives soap drama crap. How about you both start a thread elsewhere where you both can debate who owes who an apology and let this thread continue without your soap opera?

In other news, I too have removed my slot machines and put in place the meat tree as a reminder of Bioware's continued fails.

So since Bioware nerfed the slots so damn quick, how about we see the same level of action on all the outstanding 3.0 issues since it was released hmm?

tdmaha
01.22.2015 , 07:28 AM | #1015
Where is my apology.
Pretty sure I said I will post them later today when I get home and YOU will be apologizing to me silly. I've actually said that a few times now. Slow down a bit when reading post, i understand you are a little worked up because of the consequences of your actions yesterday.

LordArtemis
01.22.2015 , 07:30 AM | #1016
Quote: Originally Posted by kharathos View Post
Hey LordArtemis & tdmaha, just a friendly reminder that this thread right here is about the Contraband Slot machine, not about the two of you and your little days of our lives soap drama crap. How about you both start a thread elsewhere where you both can debate who owes who an apology and let this thread continue without your soap opera?
Sorry about that. Fair enough. I tried to keep it on topic.

My suggestions for possible fixes.

I would like to create a list of all of the suggested adjustments to the figures, from different folks, and add them to this list. Please list them as formatted. Thanks.

They could change drop rates as follows....

fail - 24.993%
token - 26%
green rep - 20%
blue rep - 15%
purple rep - 5%
green mat - 6%
blue mat - 2%
purple mat - 1%
certificate - 4%
mount - 0.007%

This would drastically reduce high end scraps without nerfing them out of existence, increase the mount chance to the one during the NarShadaa Nightlife event, and push certificates up to the level they should be. It also keeps failure level below 25 percent like it should be.

Now, if they choose to keep scrap levels at current levels (which, IMO would be fine)

fail - 24.993%
token - 30.55%
green rep - 20%
blue rep - 15%
purple rep - 5%
green mat - 0.2%
blue mat - 0.15%
purple mat - 0.1%
certificate - 4%
mount - 0.007%

Now this doubles old cert drop rate, making it the main prize along with rep tokens, and rolls the extra percentage into the token drop. The failure rate remains below 25 percent.

And here is a third option, if they wanted to go the route of adding a "lucky" buff.

fail - 35%/24.993%
token - 20%/26%
lucky buff - 10%
green rep - 16.999%/20%
blue rep - 13%/15%
purple rep - 4.5%/5%
green mat - 0.2%/6%
blue mat - 0.15%/2%
purple mat - 0.1%/1%
certificate - 0.05%/4%
mount - 0.002%/0.007%

Now, this setup would provide the current numbers, but would boost the numbers as shown in the second set if you hit a "lucky buff", that would last for a certain period of time. This is the best option IMO...it gives players the incentive to roll for a chance to get better numbers...not as good as they were, but much better than they are.

This reduces the chances from a pure reset to one of the sets above, which averages out a lower amount overall, but nowhere near as bad as it is now....and players have an incentive to roll.

This would be the option I would choose to make everyone happy.

Grayseven
01.22.2015 , 07:30 AM | #1017
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
oh, how I love this slippery slope baloney.

starter gear SHOULD be accessible. starter gear SHOULD be easy to get for everyone. starter gear is NOT even in the same ballpark as latest hard mode tier gear.

starter gear is what gets you into content that drops those 198 items.

jawa junk? buys materials that are available through normal mission running, you don't even need to be max level or ever group or do much of anything really, other then have 2 available companions to send on bountiful and rich missions. it just so happens that those missions are a form of gambling themselves. it doesn't get you raid drops. it doesn't even do crafting for you. all it does is make that BASIC STARTER crafting more accessible.

so please.

STOP with the whole "might as well give 198 tier gear" in that regard, getting ultimate commendations from lvl 55 content was MUCH more of a freebie. and didn't really cost you anything, seeing as credits are so plentiful in TFB and SnV, even with wipes, you still come out in a black. NOT counting vendoring drops.
186 gear is not "basic starter gear". You don't need artifact quality gear while leveling. You can very easily run level 60 HM fp's in 178 blues and if you have a team that knows the mechanics you can do the same with the Ravagers SM op.

So starter gear is already easily accessible, because any crafter worth his salt has stacks and stacks of the blue prototype mats they've gathered while trying to get those purple mat drops.

The artifact 186 gear makes HM's easier, makes SM Op's easier, and the artifact gear at lower levels makes leveling easier...but it isn't necessary. I've leveled toons using just the drops I've gotten as loot and mission rewards without any difficulty at all.

The Jawa Junk from slots debacle destroyed all of the effort and credits crafters put forth trying to get artifact mats. The prices people throw around to try to justify destroying crafting in this game fail to take into account the companion hours put into trying to get the mats instead of actually crafting items. It fails to take into account the RE system that requires massive amounts of materials at the green and blue level and the hours of crafting and REing to get the one useful Artifact iteration of an implant or ear piece.

Those prices people complain about are for premium gear, not starter gear. A group in full 186 mods, armorings, enhancements, barrels, hilt and augments can easily destroy HM fps and SM ops as long as they know the mechanics. Stop acting like 186 is starter gear.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

tdmaha
01.22.2015 , 07:30 AM | #1018
Quote: Originally Posted by kharathos View Post

In other news, I too have removed my slot machines and put in place the meat tree as a reminder of Bioware's continued fails.

So since Bioware nerfed the slots so damn quick, how about we see the same level of action on all the outstanding 3.0 issues since it was released hmm?
Hey kharThos there are about 20 other threads about the silly slot machine go post on one of them Arts busy here

LordArtemis
01.22.2015 , 07:31 AM | #1019
And I have posted many times in the past that the real issue, IMO, is crew missions. The returns have to be increased, crit rate increased, and times reduced.

The returns are just abysmal IMO.

tdmaha
01.22.2015 , 07:33 AM | #1020
Where is my apology.

You will not be posting anything of the sort.
Hey kharThos asked you to stop with this. I will tell you again I WILL POST YOUR POST LATER! Now go copy/paste something else thst has to do with the topic.