Cybertech Crew Skill Guide

Craftamancer

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering, i am really trying to make some cool **** because cybertech is an awesome skill... but when i went to the trainer i noticed that space and gadgets were not available only grenades earpieces and mods and droid stuff.

Any advice?

Just wondering, i am really trying to make some cool **** because cybertech is an awesome skill... but when i went to the trainer i noticed that space and gadgets were not available only grenades earpieces and mods and droid stuff.

Any advice?

Spaceship upgrades are craftable by cybertech's, but most of the endgame recipes require you to find schematics through other methods than the trainer.

There are no "gadgets" to craft other than grenades.

'Redoubt' prefix gives +35 defense, when you successfully reverse engineer that into any Tier 2 Prefix, it's showing as +40 defense, what the 'stacking' means is that it is NOT additive. So it won't be 35+40 = 75 defense total, instead the 35 defense is replaced with 40. Essentially you gain +5 defense overall going from Redoubt to any Tier 2 prefix. Hope that made sense

Yes thank you. I thought it read that if you wanted say "Endowment" it might be best to start with a tier0 that didn;t have critical or surge but instead go for more variety in the final product.

You see bragging, I see a vivid point on how profitable the profession can be.

Thank you for seeing this.

I really tried to word it in a way that wouldn't be misconstrued as a "look at me" section, and have debated taking that section out entirely numerous times. However, I will keep it for the time being as it was intended to show that Cybertech can actually be profitabe.

I know other players with other professions who have been just as or more successful than myself, but the proof remains that Cybertech is a profitable venture. That is the absolute and sole point of that section.

Spaceship upgrades are craftable by cybertech's, but most of the endgame recipes require you to find schematics through other methods than the trainer.

There are no "gadgets" to craft other than grenades.

I believe vehicles fall under Gadgets, rather than grenades. I'll verify that when I log on tonight.

Edited by Craftamancer

Hmm now I am completely confused. I'm stuck at 166 for several days, tried to craft purps, blues, greens, etc and nothing happens. Anyone know what I should do? can this be a bug or something?

As a result, underworld trading and scavenging are way ahead almost 300 already. :confused:

Hmm now I am completely confused. I'm stuck at 166 for several days, tried to craft purps, blues, greens, etc and nothing happens. Anyone know what I should do? can this be a bug or something?

As a result, underworld trading and scavenging are way ahead almost 300 already. :confused:

The color of the item, green, blue, orange or purple, has nothing to do with whether or not you gain a crafting skill point.

The colour of the number to the left of the item, the number that indicates how many of the item you can make, is what matters. If that color is grey, you cannot earn cybertech crew skill points from crafting that item. If the colour is green, then it has a chance to give you a point. If it is yellow then it will give you one point. If it is orange then it will give you two points.

You may want to check the cybertech trainer to see if it has any new items you can make that will earn you crew skill points. Typically, higher level items are more likely to grant skill points than lower level items.

Edited by Craftamancer

Many thanks again for the reply. Now I get it...did go to the trainer again to learn new stuff to craft. Totally forgot about that part. lol :eek:

I am able to progress again at a steady pace.

The color of the item, green, blue, orange or purple, has nothing to do with whether or not you gain a crafting skill point.

The colour of the number to the left of the item, the number that indicates how many of the item you can make, is what matters. If that color is grey, you cannot earn cybertech crew skill points from crafting that item. If the colour is green, then it has a chance to give you a point. If it is yellow then it will give you one point. If it is orange then it will give you two points.

You may want to check the cybertech trainer to see if it has any new items you can make that will earn you crew skill points. Typically, higher level items are more likely to grant skill points than lower level items.

So I'm still a little confused with things since 1.2.

Are we able to RE mods higher than Mk22 (e.g. Mk 23 or Mk 24 or Mk 25) to learn the schematics now?

I see no tooltips indicating any research is available when I mouse over mods that I cannot craft.

Thanks.

Cybertech nub here....so how is "Advanced Commando Armoring 25" learned???? Is it through RE'ing 22's or a drop??

Unfortunately, you can't learn anything past what you purchase from your skill trainer. However you can RE the Modification Mods from the Blackhole & Campaign Gear, but not the Armoring. Why this is, I have no freaking clue, Cybertech is full of fail imp. I have it and am very disappointed in the lackluster of what you can RE compared to many other professions.

So I'm still a little confused with things since 1.2.

Are we able to RE mods higher than Mk22 (e.g. Mk 23 or Mk 24 or Mk 25) to learn the schematics now?

I see no tooltips indicating any research is available when I mouse over mods that I cannot craft.

Thanks.

If it doesn't say "X percent chance to Reverse Engineer" then you can't learn a schematic from it.

Also, for the player who was asking about the Advanced Commando Armoring 25, that is a Rakata equivalent armoring, and can be dropped by SOA or Karagga on hardmode or nightmare. If it doesn't have the tooltip I mentioned above when you hover the reverse engineering hammer over it, then Cybertechs cannot learn the schematic to craft it.

If it doesn't say "X percent chance to Reverse Engineer" then you can't learn a schematic from it.

Also, for the player who was asking about the Advanced Commando Armoring 25, that is a Rakata equivalent armoring, and can be dropped by SOA or Karagga on hardmode or nightmare. If it doesn't have the tooltip I mentioned above when you hover the reverse engineering hammer over it, then Cybertechs cannot learn the schematic to craft it.

So this basically says, there were no new cybertech mod schems added (other than maybe the top level campaign gear)... i'm not seeing any tooltips on mods that I was not able to manufacture prior to 1.2.

Very disappointing.... that means still no tanking mods for us to craft.

• 1 month later...
fellow cybertechers - with the announcement of new companion HK-51, our droid parts might finally have some value in 1.3! In the interest of preparing for a potential demand, what stats do you think will be most valuable? In other words what will you be trying to RE the next couple weeks (or if you've already RE'd), any thoughts?

Unfortunately, you can't learn anything past what you purchase from your skill trainer. However you can RE the Modification Mods from the Blackhole & Campaign Gear, but not the Armoring. Why this is, I have no freaking clue, Cybertech is full of fail imp. I have it and am very disappointed in the lackluster of what you can RE compared to many other professions.

armor mod schematics and mod schematics drop off of random trash mobs in EV and KP normal mode.

actually had one drop for me the other day when we decided to goof off with an alt raid in EV.

link to keen mod 24:

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w242/the_duck71/keen_mod_24.jpg

• 1 month later...
armor mod schematics and mod schematics drop off of random trash mobs in EV and KP normal mode.

actually had one drop for me the other day when we decided to goof off with an alt raid in EV.

link to keen mod 24:

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w242/the_duck71/keen_mod_24.jpg

Thanks a bunch, I'll toss that into my guide. I haven't seen any drop, but we normally only run nightmare modes if we're doing KP or EV, which isn't that often. Might be worth my while to do some story mode runs now.

Incidentally, I've updated my guide for 1.3. If you see any errors or non-updated info, please let me know!

Edited by Craftamancer

I've updated the guide to reflect that droid components are once more selling at a decent rate. I've sold close to a dozen max level Redoubt pieces this week for 75k+ credits (over 100k for augment crit versions).

This is probably due to several factors.

- Players are getting their gear in advance for HK-51.

- Since they are relatively expensive items with a poor track record for selling, not a lot of crafters have dedicated themselves to learning the necessary schematics.

- The crafters who tend to toss earpieces and space ship components up on the GTN for less than the cost of the materials used to craft them aren't typically the ones who are willing to dedicate the time and resources required to research the good droid schematics. This is especially true since very few classes personally benefit from tank focused droid components, but everyone has an earpiece that they may choose to create for their own use, or for their companions.

*Incidentally, I'll likely start learning the remainder of my droid dps (overkill and critical) components, since we do not know what role(s) HK-51 will be filling.

Edited by Craftamancer

• 5 months later...

I will be updating this guide for Terror From Beyond level content in the near future, most likely after Patch 1.7 so that I can include any new changes to Cybertech at that time.

My update will include the removal of outdated information regarding what sells and doesn't sell on the GTN, as much of what was in this guide no longer sells very well at all.

• 7 months later...

I'm not new to the game but new to being a serious crafter here (after being a dedicated crafter in SWG for the life of the game.)

I do like the crafting here, although I don't like the fact the stats are all cookie cutter, which doesn't let me differentiate myself, but it's still a fun part of the game and requires time and thought..

..that being said, I appreciate the guide. I was wondering, however, are there schematics that drop that let make better armor/mod/earpieces, then we can learn from the trainer?

If I missed that here, I apologize. The other guides used so much shorthand I didn't understand, I gave up, so it might have been answered there.

I'm maxed out at 450 for Cybertech/Scavenging/Underworld and just would like to know where to go from here.

Currently, I'm working on getting resources to craft the purple armor I have but seem to make consistent sales on the pieces I can make, in addition to augmentation kits.

I'll be reading and rereading this guide as there are terms and concepts I still don't understand, but I figure the best way is craft and craft and hopefully it will make more sense to me lol

Right now, however, just curious on additional schematics that might drop to make more competitive armor/mods because I really thought the stuff I've seen from the PvP vendors are higher. I'm not in game to check, however.

Thanks in advance.