Maintenance: January 8th, 2019

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, January 8th for maintenance. This is for back-end updates only, there will not be a patch to download.

Details:

DATE: 8 January 2019

TIME: 5:00AM - 8:00AM PST (1300 - 1600 GMT)

VERSION: N/A

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame you are not taking this opportunity to address at least some of the issues and bugs that followed the launch of 5.10, set bonuses not stacking, offhand item modifications not being movable to other offhand, the multiple quest bugs on Ossus such as the Jedi Library and the world boss weeklies as well as the numerous other issues posted and reported since December.

Hopefully, you intend to at least comment on some of these issues and give us a timeline when we can expect a fix.

Eric you made a mistake. You wanted to write:

1. We will fix all bugs.

2. We undo this: Mods and Enhancements are bound

3. We make sure that the equipment falls out of the boxes at an acceptable rate.

4. We adjust the profit of the crystals: - Weekly Ossus Quest (10 Daily): 3 Crystals + 1x 252 Piece

- WB´s or PVP: 2 Crystals

- Rotating Quest: (depending on the effort) --------8x PVP medals = 1 Crystal

--------- 4x MM FP = 5 Crystals

----------- etc.

Please correct. ;)

Eric you made a mistake. You wanted to write:

1. We will fix all bugs.

2. We undo this: Mods and Enhancements are bound

3. We make sure that the equipment falls out of the boxes at an acceptable rate.

4. We adjust the profit of the crystals: - Weekly Ossus Quest (10 Daily): 3 Crystals + 1x 252 Piece

- WB´s or PVP: 2 Crystals

- Rotating Quest: (depending on the effort) --------8x PVP medals = 1 Crystal

--------- 4x MM FP = 5 Crystals

----------- etc.

Please correct. ;)

I am sure that's what he meant. At least that's what i read and i will be very disappointed if the bugs are not patched after the downtime :D

wait you guys are serious? you're not patching any of the bugs? for example sharing of quests? set bonusses? mission on ossus that is bugged? none of those???

I mean I love SWTOR but at this point I'm wishing you guys never released ossus... I mean I understand bugs happen of course but it so many things are broken now and it just feels like you guys aren't intrested in fixing them.

Edited by angelkittytiger

wait you guys are serious? you're not patching any of the bugs? for example sharing of quests? set bonusses? mission on ossus that is bugged? none of those???

I mean I love SWTOR but at this point I'm wishing you guys never released ossus... I mean I understand bugs happen of course but it so many things are broken now and it just feels like you guys aren't intrested in fixing them.

Yes, he's serious. They haven't been back in the office post-holidays long enough to justify releasing patches on the 8th.

We are planning for a patch to happen in January, just not next week. Tentatively we are planning a small bug fix patch the follow week on January 15th. I will have more details on that next week.

-eric

This is what happens when you rush to put something out for the sake of having it out before the end of the year. It was clear since PTS (and now that it's live, it's crystal clear) that none of the things you wanted to release were completed (maybe the Guild leveling system, and all the perks that came with that, I am not sure about that). Having a public test of this content made it so that you can't hide this fact. It would have been a lot better to just delay this launch til Jan. since it only brought about more frustration to an already dwindling player base.

But you are nothing but consistent in your mentality regarding content releases, so to anyone that still hasn't received the message, you either play this broken game (bug fixes are rare and far between) or you don't. As I've seen around the latest bug threads being said, talk with your wallet, unsubscribe, and list the reasons why you did so.

We are planning for a patch to happen in January, just not next week. Tentatively we are planning a small bug fix patch the follow week on January 15th. I will have more details on that next week.

-eric

Well finally a feedback, even if it is nothing. I did not want more. Nevertheless, you should not just worry about the bugs. The new system is crap and you know that.

A lot of people expressed sympathy, saying that the devs were out on holiday, so don't blame them for the state of the game. Here's my answer...

* Don't release a huge update right before a holiday, unless you plan to be around to support it.

* If the release wasn't buggy, it wouldn't have mattered that they went on vacation. QA has been a mess for some time, so they should have predicted this.

* Plenty of jobs (like USPS, malls, newspapers, tech support, etc.) require people to keep working over the holidays because it's their busy season. MMO busy season is when we're all off on vacation and have extra time to play, gifted CCs to spend, and so forth.

So no, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some bug fixes by two weeks after Christmas.

That being said, I would rather see them delay a patch and get it right. After all, several of the previous bug fixes actually just traded one bug for another. I don't know how many more "failed fixes" the community can handle before they throw up their hands and lose hope.

What I would like to see by the 8th is a list of the bugs they are attempting to fix right away, as well as bugs they're hoping to address soon. An acknowledgement that they're aware of specific bugs would go a long way for me and help me be more patient about a fix.

Edited by Xina_LA

This is what happens when you rush to put something out for the sake of having it out before the end of the year.

* Don't release a huge update right before a holiday, unless you plan to be around to support it.

"The same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie?"

"The same procedure as every year, James."

For the ones who know that quote. All others surely understand the message as well. :p

Edited by JattaGin

The one I'm surprised didn't make it in is the gearing fix.

The new system is basically less than 2 hours of story and then a gear grind. Many posts have lamented the gear grind. Only as it stands that gear we are grinding for isn't compatible with the old set bonuses (bug) so the 'big' thing to keep people entertained till 6.0 is broken. Surely that should be a priority we have people are in arms about the next tier of grinding and its bugged, so you have annoyed people over something that doesn't even work properly.

How funny of you all who started Ossus and now cry about bugs. I started it on 22 december and i play it that slowly, i don't need to be worry about bugs bcs before i will meet them, they will be fixed. This happen when all of you must done EVERYTHING in one day, haha :cool:

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander.

Yo leave Musco alone. He only does what he's told to do. The shape of the game is not his fault.

That is right. But it is his Task to transport our opinion to the right People in the staff (if they are not reading the Forum).

And yes Bioware has not learned from the mistakes of the past. That is clear!

Ignoring Feedback from PTS is the worst thing you can do if you want to integrate Players in the Q&A process.

Edited by Oeconomicus

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, January 8th for maintenance. This is for back-end updates only, there will not be a patch to download.

Details:

DATE: 8 January 2019

TIME: 5:00AM - 8:00AM PST (1300 - 1600 GMT)

VERSION: N/A

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

Really? 3 hour maintenance to feed the hamsters and not fix your broken mess? C'mon now. You guys need to get real.

And when are you going to post times in actual server time?

Edited by PorsaLindahl

Well, let's hope the little hotfix is ​​not too small. And hopefully we will find out before the end of next week what will be fixed.

By the way, if I'm allowed to do 4x MM FP without good rewards next week, I'll freak out. ;)

Yo leave Musco alone. He only does what he's told to do. The shape of the game is not his fault.

There is a huge amount of truth to this. I think the sentiment you're seeing is based on how (seemingly) unable Eric and others are to anticipate how people are going to react. For example, it would have taken them no time at all to see there are many bugs and people are unhappy about that, based on posts.

So while mentioning this back-end maintenance, good community management would have added something like this in anticipation of concern:

"We also know there are lots of bugs out there and y'all probably want to hear about fixes. That's definitely one of our top priorities and we're working on a schedule to get those fixed, tested and deployed to you all. I don't want to make hard commitments on dates right now because I'm sure most would agree that we want good fixes, not just fast fixes."

Obviously some people won't be happy no matter what. But you can go a long way by just showing that you understand the player base is frustrated, that they will likely be even more frustrated if they hear nothing, and, by anticipating that, try to head off any concern that you are either (a) unaware or (b) simply don't care.

And, as others have said already, it's clear that the team tried to rush things out by the time of the holiday and the breaks. That's never a good idea, largely for the reasons we all see here. BioWare's own past history provides ample examples of why this is bad idea. Given that they seemingly ignored (or were unaware of) the comments of many on PTS and given that they obviously don't have good in-house testing, that calls for even more community management.

Well, let's hope the little hotfix is ​​not too small. And hopefully we will find out before the end of next week what will be fixed.

By the way, if I'm allowed to do 4x MM FP without good rewards next week, I'll freak out. ;)

There is no little hotfix. It's back end maintenance. Which means work on the servers and not the game. Like you swapping out a video card on your PC. The game will still be broken with no changes to actual game play.

-eric

Thx for the information and don't be bothered: We are harsh but i am sure we all love you Eric ;) An since someone said you look like Arcann i can't kill the damn bastard anymore! I always think "oh look, he is our community manager, I don't want to kill him"...Curse you Eric Musco! :D