Share Your 1st Anniversary Celebration Moments with the community!

CourtneyWoods

I agree with a lot of people that the Life Day stuff was nothing but a greedy cash grab by EA/Bioware.... I think they saw a lot of subscribers spending money on the cash shop when it first came out and figured we would continue to spend on items normally given free to subscribers in other MMO's.

Indeed, they saw the cash and basically Jumped The Shark with the Cashshop less than 2 months into "F2P". :(

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, this is just a trick right? They'll do something really cool on Xmas day...right?

Guys?

*crickets*

There was a dev post allready stating they won't do anything.

Hey folks!

While we're definitely excited about the new Life Day items in the Cartel Market, I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have any in-game events planned for the future! We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.

Thank you!

Here you go.

Edited by Lucyfer_Infinity

My favorite moment in SWTOR was when the balloon ride on Tatooine was 45 minutes long, and it would glitch and drop you just shy of the sandcrawler, so you couldn't get those 2 datacrons. It lasted just a few days, but people were going nuts, myself included.

That bug actually still exists, and has existed since beta. Happy Life Day.

The anniversary will certainly be remembered, but not perhaps for the right reasons.

I'll share my celebration moment;

Coming back to the game after a while away to find a massively angry forum community.

Well played EA/BW, well played indeed.

As an aside, the Fairy-lights STAP is a thing of wonder, are you going to introducing wearable cherub wings anytime soon - another small nail in the coffin of immersion?

Happy Life Day. ;)

Dear EA/Bioware,

In celebration of OUR accomplishment of one full year of subscription, you have decided to bestow upon us fireworks and thank you kindly for those. However i find that they are quite worthless. I fired 4 of them.

It's especially joyous when my character just stands there when i fire off the firework, doing his/her normal lookaround shuffle idle thing. You can't even tie a /cheer into it, make it so we clap hands and squeal or something (yes in the future all emotes must cost us CC, but you could have recycled existing ones at least) It would be nice if there was at least some imaginary simulated delight going on somewhere, over this trumped up, much heralded and celebrated firework.

Joy upon Joy, i have fired a firework, when all of my Characters were given an even more useless flare gun at the start of their simulated lives...

I know those "I quit" posts are soooo annoying to people, but I get them now. I gotta say this somewhere, and this thread is asking for it. You want input as to how I am celebrating our 1 year anniversary.

I am celebrating by downloading Secret World and moving on. My subscription has been cancelled.

This whole event is a blind cash grab to squeeze us, subscribers or not, and it as transparent as glass. You guys are just riding high off the cash you have raked in since going F2P.

I hope that one day I can come back and not be repulsed by the in-your-face greed you exhibit, but something tells me that this behavior is just getting started. Maybe it's the miles worth of wasted text in these forums i have been too fanboyish to pay real attention too. Wish I did sooner.

SO LONG SUCKTOWN!

-Q

The deed is done. I too have just cancled my sub...

Even if it was a permanent Fireworks Launcher instead of Fireworks consumables to celebrate our one year anniversary... ;) ...is any of this making sense to anyone in Management? :rolleyes:

Only been here a few months, this game has much to offer, the true ongoing value to any successful MMO is its community, since respect is a two-way street, share your genuine passion for our game with us and we will do the same. :cool:

Am an optimist, congratulations on our first year, looking forward to many more fun memories. :)

The end of the 1st year of SWTOR is filled with bitterness and rage. Much of it for the same reasons people already left.

What should my "celebration" screenshot be? A 25% loading screen bug which locks characters out of the game? The cartel market page selling best-in-slot space gear? Perhaps a screenshot of the mail I got inviting me to celebrate life-day, as a subscriber, by paying even more money? Ah, maybe a screenshot of me standing at the end of a flashpoint or operation without receiving my black-hole comm reward, again...? Or Perhaps a screenshot of when my characters were all reverted to free-to-play due to a bug, thus removing all my hotbar settings and making my game unplayable for days at a time?

I got it, here's my submission. It's me sitting in a warzone the day the character became bugged, unable to engage in such things as conversations, use vendors, or join groups. Merry life day.

Why do they not fix it then?

Because Party Jawas and Fireworks are much more important than fixing tons of bugs that have been around since day 1. I can't count the amount of bugs I keep running into EVERY SINGLE DAY doing things now. I have bugs that are there in my game every....single...day. The past 3 weeks of guild runs has been one bug problem after another. Tonight was nearly a complete disaster because of bugs. I could list a pile of them right now.

At this point Bioware needs to take the game OFFLINE for 1 week to rehaul and bug fix. Then bring it back up recoded (because it seems they just break more of the game code with each new patch) and better. I'm sure the gamers would rather have the game offline for a week if it meant a stable and quality product. I would welcome it. Just give us all 500 Cartel Coins or something for the wait.

Maybe my submission(s) should be my character wearing different outfits that glitch black/dark brown on him because he has pale skin. A glitch that characters with dark skin share. A glitch that's been around for a very long time that was never addressed, even though BW/EA recolors items all the time and touts about how great they're...Yeah, maybe they're great, but only for those who don't have glitched characters. :(

Happy life day.

Edited by Radzkie

Even if it was a permanent Fireworks Launcher instead of Fireworks consumables to celebrate our one year anniversary... ;) ...is any of this making sense to anyone in Management? :rolleyes:

Only been here a few months, this game has much to offer, the true ongoing value to any successful MMO is its community, since respect is a two-way street, share your genuine passion for our game with us and we will do the same. :cool:

Am an optimist, congratulations on our first year, looking forward to many more fun memories. :)

A permenant one would be have been much better, it still wouldn't have been amazing, but it would have at least been something permenant for the 1 year.

Perhaps a screenshot of when my characters were all reverted to free-to-play due to a bug, thus removing all my hotbar settings and making my game unplayable for days at a time?

Don't forget losing all your rest XP and a bunch of your CE items and pets...

Edited by HarleysRule

Dear EA/Bioware,

In celebration of OUR accomplishment of one full year of subscription, you have decided to bestow upon us fireworks and thank you kindly for those. However i find that they are quite worthless. I fired 4 of them.

It's especially joyous when my character just stands there when i fire off the firework, doing his/her normal lookaround shuffle idle thing. You can't even tie a /cheer into it, make it so we clap hands and squeal or something (yes in the future all emotes must cost us CC, but you could have recycled existing ones at least) It would be nice if there was at least some imaginary simulated delight going on somewhere, over this trumped up, much heralded and celebrated firework.

Joy upon Joy, i have fired a firework, when all of my Characters were given an even more useless flare gun at the start of their simulated lives...

I know those "I quit" posts are soooo annoying to people, but I get them now. I gotta say this somewhere, and this thread is asking for it. You want input as to how I am celebrating our 1 year anniversary.

I am celebrating by downloading Secret World and moving on. My subscription has been cancelled.

This whole event is a blind cash grab to squeeze us, subscribers or not, and it as transparent as glass. You guys are just riding high off the cash you have raked in since going F2P.

I hope that one day I can come back and not be repulsed by the in-your-face greed you exhibit, but something tells me that this behavior is just getting started. Maybe it's the miles worth of wasted text in these forums i have been too fanboyish to pay real attention too. Wish I did sooner.

SO LONG SUCKTOWN!

-Q

This is well said, and pretty much expresses the opinion of so many people. This whole fireworks debacle is like going to your Christmas Stocking and finding a piece of coal. Should I be grateful for this nice fuel burning rock? Or, would it have been better to just not give me anything at all?

The ridiculously cheap fireworks given for a ONE-YEAR anniversary by a mutli-million dollar AAA MMO is nothing but an insult. And yet they wonder why they fail....

Edited by Klarick

It was great... the launcher updated and logged into game...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151312117021473&set=a.386131886472.157256.22894981472&type=1

There were lots of QQs and lots of snow, so many memories.

:cool:

A game where no one gets paid, there is no profit, and yet more effort made into a Xmas event than swtor. i read the comments about these fireworks in swtor and the cartel event items and all i sense is a cash grab. Speaks volumes.

A game where no one gets paid, there is no profit, and yet more effort made into a Xmas event than swtor. i read the comments about these fireworks in swtor and the cartel event items and all i sense is a cash grab. Speaks volumes.

Indeed, and very well said... :cool:

Being a Subscriber since Launch. Even got this game before it officially hit Australia. I am deeply annoyed by the way things have turned out. Bug's that have been present since beta are STILL present. Instead of fixing them, you simply bring out new content and introduce more bugs. I looked over this.

NOW you have made it Pay to Win, Buying gear with cash with no IN GAME way to obtain the items in the cartel store. other Less sucessful MMO's (EG Star trek online) have the ability to get everything except a couple of vanity items they have in the story obtainable via in game means.

You then utterly fail on your own One year anniversary. By Giving people 25 fireworks and the cartel store 'life day items', thus Indicating that you don't give a single **** about your customers, only that you want more money. Today, I cancel my sub. Since I'm getting ripped off paying $15 a month anyway. All I'm paying for is buggy gear, Buggy content and a rather poor MMO Experience. I am going back to WoW. Not only because its a better game but blizzard Actually care about their customers. Bugs are fixed a patch later and of course the customer service is Second to none.

Your Customer service... dont get me started. you have a Script for peoples tickets which gives answers related nothing to what their issue is, only making them wait longer. Hell, If the script was only on F2P accounts, Fair enough. What exactly does my $15 pay for? Unlocks that I can but outright anyway? Little-no Customer service?

I've had enough of this **** company.

Ohh... nice idea =)

Well, one year of SWTOR and it has been a really good one for me at least :D

This the first MMO that I really fell for, I came for the stories and ended up enjoying myself so much that I stayed. Started gaming during early access, lvl:ed up to 50 together with my husband and a friend. It wasn't until I started lvl:ing my second character that we found the guild which we are still playing with. That let me experience Karagga's Palace, SOA, Denova and Terror from Beyond. Never thought that I would enjoy Operations this much. Getting together with my guildies, going over videos for good tactics, having fun together over vent. It has been a really good way to spend time together with the guild, and is a nice complement to solo-playing the newest alt. Even tried a little PvP, it will never be my main focus while playing but together with a group of friends it can be pretty fun.

Thank you for the things I have enjoyed spending time with during this year. The story for Jedi Knight and Smuggler have been very fun to play through, and I have enjoyed it immensely. Currently lvl:ing a Sith Warrior also has a good story, can't wait to see how it ends up. The companions and story for my characters have been of great importance to me so I really look forward to having that continued one day. In the meantime I will continue to lvl alts and spend time with the guildies. I play SWTOR pretty much daily and am very happy to have it. It has been a great year, will see if I can come up with some fun screenshot.

Finally!!! I totally agree with you, this (so far) has been an amazing game that I have enjoyed this past year and will hopefully will have many more years to come. Keep up the GOOD WORK BIOWARE.

And to the people who keep whining about paying for the holiday goodies... stop crying if you want to get said items, get 'em, otherwise save your cartel coins for the stuff sure to come in the future. d:^)