Darth Malgus and Prince Arcann?

EmjeiGala

Before I get into this, I just want to say that this is literally my very first post on these forums. Also, the question I have in mind...I have no idea if this is the right place to ask it, or if I need to move it to someplace else in the forums. Please let me know because I really have no idea. Also, if my question has already been asked, before, I had no idea...and I'm honestly not in the forums enough to find out. Please forgive me if it has already been asked, before ^^;.

Now, onto my question....

Are Malgus and Arcann not the same person? I know, this is a very weird question, but I kinda feel like I have to know, otherwise, not knowing will bother me to the end of my days.

Anyway, every since I first started playing SWTOR and getting myself really into the stories (which was only about a month ago, now...this is what happens I'm bored after trade-school classes and I'm stuck at home), I always thought that Malgus and Arcann were the same person. Honestly, the timeline in this game has me a little confused. But the timeline isn't exactly the point, here. So then, today, I was doing a bit of random research on both characters, and I started thinking that maybe they weren't the same person.

And now, I'm having doubts and second-guessing and...well, everything. I'm confused. But, hence why I am here. I just want to know if I'm right or wrong about this. I did try looking this up before coming here, but didn't find what I was looking for.

So, yeah, please forgive me for my ignorance :D.

No, they are not.

As you finish a class story and go past (I’m avoiding spoilers,) you will see who Malgus is. Much later, you’ll meet Arcann.

If you’ve done all of that already on a character, then I’d like to hear why you think they might be the same person.

Darth Malgus

Arcann

I'm sorry I took so long to respond...I'm not on the forums, often.

As for meeting Arcann, yes, I have met him. With my smuggler. I have also met Malgus in one of the Flashpoints. I honestly don't know why my brain thought that both of them were the same person. It's possible it has something to do with the mechanical body parts. That probably doesn't make any sense....

Basically, my brain was just stupid, and I wasn't sure, anymore. But thank you for answering my really stupid question! :D

Edited by EmjeiGala