Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest Feedback and Upcoming Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Conquest Feedback and Upcoming Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kaldron_Fell
03.22.2018 , 03:16 PM | #31
It's good the point goals are coming down, but without any repeatable activities that my folks and me actually want to do, it's still pointless.

Filling our personal goals was mostly achieved by doing flashpoints, crafting and ops, and our invasion targets have always been chosen accordingly. Of these, only ops are feasable at this time. If that remains this way, conquest is dead to most of us.

Also I think you are completely ignoring the impact of removing planetary goal multipliers, which were also an important consideration.
Cult of the Wailing Wookiee

PorsaLindahl
03.22.2018 , 03:16 PM | #32
Deleted previous.

So if it was a bug that FP's and the repeatables weren't in this this week, why didn't you just come out and say that? Why all the "we want feedback" and "we hear you" nonsense?

TUXs
03.22.2018 , 03:16 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Good question, Flashpoints are in that list as well. Basically, here are the Objectives that should be consistent for content in every Conquest:
  • Group Finder: Operations
  • Group Finder: Flashpoints
  • PvP: Participation and Winning
  • GSF: Participation and Winning
It was a bug that this wasn't the case for the Gree Conquest. Let me find out the details on if this is an issue with other Conquests or not and if it is, when it will be addressed.

-eric
Get these added back in and you can take the rest of 2018 to fix the rest for all I care.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

ThomasStarWars
03.22.2018 , 03:17 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Get these added back in and you can take the rest of 2018 to fix the rest for all I care.

haha, agree

AlainaFlute
03.22.2018 , 03:18 PM | #35
wow. just wow. It took you 3 whole days to come back with.....nothing. You don't seem to get how demoralizing this is for everyone! Don't just fix it as we go along! That's not even remotely a good plan! ROLL. IT. BACK! At least until you fix this new conquest and do testing on it AHEAD of time! Seriously. I'm just done.

Vissionary
03.22.2018 , 03:18 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
The PvP adjustment is GREAT!!! Thank you for that...but...this system is still too punishing to alts. SWTOR is an entire game of ALTS Eric...you've either got to make everything count towards the Legacy (Legacy CXP, Legacy Conquest points) or allow us to play alts equally. You're absolutely punishing players who have alts.
I agree, I like the sounds of the planned changes to PvP conquest in that they are bringing back a repeatable objective. However, I was hoping to see this same logic flow through to the PvE side of the game which was all but ignored in the OP. I wouldn't hold my breath for legacy wide everything just look how long it took to get legacy currencies ... but like you've said legacy related objectives are restrictive to those of us who play multiple characters (wasn't that the point of DvL anyways, to level 15 different alts?) and I would personally like to see them removed and all objectives be open to all toons. If the concern reverts back to lockout abuse then provide conquest points on a per boss basis ...

Kaldron_Fell
03.22.2018 , 03:19 PM | #37
Oh also you seem to be entirely ignorant of how really big guilds select their invasion targets. These guilds are mostly conquest guilds (like Wardens of the Republic on Malgus) and they select the planets that their members need for titles. Rewards have nothing to do with that at all, nor point goals. They will go for small, medium and large yield all the time, depending on their rotation, not your idea of interesting rewards (hint: they're not).
Cult of the Wailing Wookiee

BullitClub
03.22.2018 , 03:19 PM | #38
Mostly from PvPers? No. Flashpoints also was mentioned and took a hit. Goes to show Bioware is not paying attention to all the players.

EDIT: Okay, you said Flashpoints is being part of the change as well in a later post. But would have been nice that was mentioned in the first post. When the thread gets longer some people will respond to what you had in the first post.

ShadowGovernator
03.22.2018 , 03:24 PM | #39
Roll-back 5.8 now - then we will have the system back in order tomorrow! - instead of maybe sometime in the future...

Vuknasty
03.22.2018 , 03:24 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

New UI Confusion
There definitely is some confusion around the iconography in the new UI, especially for Objectives. For quick reference right now, Yellow icon means infinitely repeatable, Blue means daily repeatable, no icon means once per week.

-eric
For the blue and no icon items: is that repeatable/once per week PER LEGACY, or per character?