Suitable actor to play as Grand Admiral Thrawn

Injudicator

I am a huge fan of Timothy Zahn's books, I think they greatly add to the Star Wars universe and at times exceed the epicness that was the original trilogy.

Of course, books of that magnitude could not be easily filmed (unless someone pulls a Peter Jackson and surprises us all) but hypothetically what actor do you see as Grand Admiral Thrawn. I found some pictures of Jeremy Irons (fan made) and thought he might be able to pull it off. What do you think?

P.S: Grand Admiral Thrawn ftw :)

Well he has to have blue skin. :D

If they did a movie, the actor has to stick as close to the persona of Thrawn as possible. He's one of the greatest characters in the SWU so don't mess with him.

They will just slap some make up, but yes Thrawn is one of the greatest characters of the SWU and I felt...strangely sad when he died...even as a villain he was one of my favorite characters.

Here is a pic of what Jeremy Irons might looks like as him :)Pic :)

Micheal Fassbender FTW.

But this begs the question who do you get to fill the rest of the cast. Most of them i think are a tad out of their prime to do the movies these days.

So who do you get as:

Luke

Han

Leia

Wedge

Lando

Mon Mothma

Mara Jade

and the list goes on.

My list:

Luke: Logan Leerman[played Percy Jackson]

Han: Chris Pine[ the new kirk. i think he'd knock it out of the park]

Leia: hmm need somebody opposite Logan...need to think on this one.

Wedge: don't have a wedge yet

Lando: need somebody smooth...don't have one yet.

Mon Mothma: Moon bloodgood[very graceful and can be soft spoken, some make up and bam]

Mara Jade: Emma watson[she might actually surprise people. make her look a bit older, or depending on how long it took, she would play an INTERESTING mara jade.]

Edited by TalonVII

Mara Jade? TBH I'm thinking Karen Gillan would be great as Mara-Jade.

Leia? get someone who looks like Natalie Portman, Rachel Weisz?

Mon Mothma? Meryl Steep.

Han? John Barrowman.

Not the whole cast, obviously, but some suggestions.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

I love Timothy Zahn's books too :)

Seeing an actual movie of anything Thrawn related is highly unlikely any time soon...I think we'd be in the territory of seeing the trilogy remade first and actually done well and successfully, and that, well, It's possible, but I don't think we're ready for that yet.

One thing I do keep hoping that is more likely is that whenever they finally get to making that Underworld series, that we'll get appearances from some of the characters in those books in them (which they did say they want to do).

Ralph Fiennes will be good, while I want to see him play a Sith.

Mara Jade=Kate Beckinsale.

Kate sadly would be a tad too old. Wouldn't mind seeing her as Say Mon Mothma.

Remeber guys, have to find actors in their late 20s for Luke and Leia. Have to remember at that point, both of them are about 22-23 maybe 24 and han is what 30?

Remeber guys, have to find actors in their late 20s for Luke and Leia. Have to remember at that point, both of them are about 22-23 maybe 24 and han is what 30?

I think they are like 23-25 at the end of ROTJ which would put them around 25-27 by the time Thrawn comes in.

Kate still looks young(28-30). I think she could play Daala as well.

What do you think about Ralph as Thrawn?

Edited by Slowpokeking

Oooh Talon Karrde.....

Yeah I suck at this game, I never know who would be good at playing a character. But just thinking of Talon Karrde on screen makes me happy, lol. I found a poll online that voted for who should play each role but I didn't agree with any of them :phttp://star-wars.suvudu.com/2011/09/you-cast-star-wars-heir-to-the-empire-the-winners-revealed.html

Boo, I say, boo. But I guess I could see Josh Brolin as Karrde.