Annoyed at 16man content

As a leader of a smaller guild I find myself annoyed at 16 man only content like Nightmare Pilgram. The fact that things like the exo stim schematics only seem to drop in 16 man. I really hope that this isn't the trend moving forward. Or if it is, that they give 8 man groups a way to obtain the loot that 16 man mobs/instances hold (like campaign boots).

How do others feel about this?

I feel that if you refuse to have more than 8 people in your guild, you should not be entitled to content that is ment for 16-man grouping... It would take away any desire to group with 16 players because you can do it with eight...

It would be the same if I could all Hardmodes all by myself.

I feel that if you refuse to have more than 8 people in your guild, you should not be entitled to content that is ment for 16-man grouping... It would take away any desire to group with 16 players because you can do it with eight...

It would be the same if I could all Hardmodes all by myself.

I don't recall ever saying that I refused to have more than 8 people in our guild.

Agree with Spoe. There should be some items that only 16 man groups should have access otherwise what's the point in having them. Don't know if boots from the latest set of armor was the right items to do that with but I have no issues with it.

I don't recall ever saying that I refused to have more than 8 people in our guild.

So great of you to completely miss the point... Still, if you don't have at least 16 players in your guild it's because you're not looking hard enough or because your server is dead. None of those problems can be solved by making content that is available for certain types of gameplay (16man ops) also available to people that don't do that type of gameplay...

but yeah, I was probably just trolling...whatever

Edited by SpoeMeister

I am fine with some items being locked to 16 man, however I don't think making it a set piece like the boots was the right item. I vaguely remembered something in the patch notes about exo stim schematics and thought it had to do with 16 man. I know my group hasn't seen a schematic for them in well over 3 months, yet a guildie who took an alt on a 16 man pug run saw 2. If they are still dropping in 8 man great, we are just really unlucky I guess.

Our guild has been looking for more people, it isn't an issue of 'zomg we don't want more than 8'. We just haven't been finding people.

I think you missed the point Spoe, or I didn't make it clear enough. A set piece shouldn't be locked to 16 man content when the rest of the set can be obtained in 8 man, as well as the entire previous sets. By all means give 16 man content something special and shiney, but don't make it set pieces.

As for teaming up with another group, we are looking for one, we just haven't found any yet.

Is this a serious complaint? Consider that in most MMO's a group is 6 people, and you seem to be complaining that you can't do everything there is to do in a game with 8? You would certainly have not liked Everquest, where a standard raid was 72 people, and for some difficult encounters like Plane of Earth we might take as many as 120 people.

There are simple answers to your problem, though. Simply invite guests (most would call them PUGS, but I prefer guests). Take your core eight, and find eight more people who want to do it, and work it out. It's just not that hard. So many folks are I guess used to easy mode these days that even getting 16 people together sounds hard.

I think you missed the point Spoe, or I didn't make it clear enough. A set piece shouldn't be locked to 16 man content when the rest of the set can be obtained in 8 man, as well as the entire previous sets. By all means give 16 man content something special and shiney, but don't make it set pieces.

As for teaming up with another group, we are looking for one, we just haven't found any yet.

I indeed seem to have missed the point. My apologies.

Regarding that complaint, I agree that set pieces should be in the same tier of content.

Schematics...

We know what you are referring too. You failed in your earlier post to clarify schematics, so I did as well. We haven't seen a single exo schematic drop in over 2 months straight now clearing ev/kp each week.

We know what you are referring too. You failed in your earlier post to clarify schematics, so I did as well. We haven't seen a single exo schematic drop in over 2 months straight now clearing ev/kp each week.

We had a drop just yesterday.

I feel that 16 man content should have different mechanics, be significantly harder, and drop better loot. We'll call it nightmare mode.

Then the devs can move on to developing new content, and they don't have to tune for equality in both difficulties. Plus there are way cooler things you can do mechanic wise with 16 people. (4 horseman was a crappy fight with 10 people, but great with 25 and 40.)

Edited by xenofire

Agree with Spoe. There should be some items that only 16 man groups should have access otherwise what's the point in having them. Don't know if boots from the latest set of armor was the right items to do that with but I have no issues with it.

No I disagree, MORE loot should drop in 16 man, but it should not LOCK people out simply cause they cant get 16 people for this, are you guys insane?

So great of you to completely miss the point... Still, if you don't have at least 16 players in your guild it's because you're not looking hard enough or because your server is dead. None of those problems can be solved by making content that is available for certain types of gameplay (16man ops) also available to people that don't do that type of gameplay...

but yeah, I was probably just trolling...whatever

Some guilds like mine do not want 16 man raids because we dont want to deal with 8 morons that we have to teach everything to, does not mean our server is dead or were not looking hard enough.

16 man raids should drop MORE loot, or sure a higher quality, but it should NOT lock us out of getting loot such as T2 boots simply cause we cant get 16 people.

Iam sorry that our server is mature and we have people that WORK for a living and were not on some teenage server were alls you do is play video games and demand special compensation for getting 16 people together.

Edited by PolakToma

That about sounds right for us too, havent seen a exotech schem in ages

No I disagree, MORE loot should drop in 16 man, but it should not LOCK people out simply cause they cant get 16 people for this, are you guys insane?

I would have zero issues with something like an implant/ear piece/datacron/etc that you could only get from 16 man content. It would give guilds more reason to do 16 man content and deal with tougher mechanics other than getting the exact same rewards per raider as the 8 man. I did say I didn't think doing this with a piece from the armor set was a good idea.

And I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

For your E-peen reward..... you know got to have that in MMO's are you not better than all of us.

Find 8 more. Work with another 8 man guild. Don't do it and still get 4p Campaign, weird.

I think it's great Bioware added a 16-man boss because guilds left and right are losing people, and are forced to run the lesser 8 man raids to keep raiding at all. This is a reward for keeping your **** together and pushing through people quitting.

Hell, we've killed this guy twice without receiving black hole comms from the weekly, can I cry about that?

How is locking out content from 8 mans any different than locking it out from 4 mans or single-players?

Or did you just arbitrarily decide 8 man is reasonable and 16 man is unreasonable?

Some guilds like mine do not want 16 man raids because we dont want to deal with 8 morons that we have to teach everything to, does not mean our server is dead or were not looking hard enough.

16 man raids should drop MORE loot, or sure a higher quality, but it should NOT lock us out of getting loot such as T2 boots simply cause we cant get 16 people.

Iam sorry that our server is mature and we have people that WORK for a living and were not on some teenage server were alls you do is play video games and demand special compensation for getting 16 people together.

Calling yourself mature while calling other people morons and flaming some more people on the fora is the funniest thing I have ever read.

1. You REFUSE to play the 16 man content, therefore you should not be allowed the same items as the same people who do.

2. If you would have actually read this thread, you would have seen that I apologized for not knowing the boots were part of a set that actually are available in 8 mans. I agree that set gear should be allowed to obtain via the same ways.

3. Don't throw assumptions... I'm a working man myself and I'm part of a guild with only 8 member, 4 of which are rarely online. I enjoy my evenings playing with pugs (you're so-called morons). While doing so I teach and learn... This is called creating a community...

4. I'm not the one demanding anything. You are the one that demands to have the same thing while not doing the same amount of effort. If I want to achieve/receive something, I do whatever the game requires me to do to achieve it. You come here and cry...