Game Killer Sith mission "The Blood Legacy"

Atossa

You know what? That quest IS hard - inspite of all these hotshots telling you they did it at lvl 7. I always leave it to do last - after the story quest where you get your companion (which is also hard, at least for inquisitor). Also, use your commendations to upgrade your gear before you do the quest. That helped a lot.

This quest is fairly hard. I beat it first try on my warrior, but I had more trouble with my inquisitor. I wound up waiting until I had my companion and was able to beat it fairly easily. Don't let yourself get frustrated and it won't be "game breaking" to you. Most of the game is too easy, so just try to enjoy the challenge on the rare occasion that you get a tougher mission. And if a mission is too difficult, you can always wait until you've gained a another level or two, or you can enlist help.

Yes, this is a dang hard quest. I failed on it 3 times straight at level 7 on my SW, after sailing at level 8 on my SI. First rule is: don't even attempt it until level 8. Second rule is: you may have to use a medpac, so make sure you have some. Stims are optional - I never buy them for leveling, but if you have one, feel free to use it.

This quest drops to almost trivial once you have a companion, esp. the demon. But I personally would never use the companion - it's just a point of honor with me to do it truly solo.

I have no complaints about this quest - as was said by someone else, it truly embodies the "only the strongest survive" philosophy of the Sith, and is the "Sithiest" quest I have come across so far (my Sorc is 24 now).

Also interesting is that there is no direct equivalent on the Republic side. The one I suspect they created to be its "equivalent" is the one where the dude on the bridge gives you a quest to kill a droid every few levels. The last one, the Mark V, is similar in that it is pretty dang hard, and you should probably not try it as soon as you get it (I forget what level that is, 7 or 8, I think), but level and train first.

All in all, I love the fact that we get a few challenging quests in "baby land"...:D

You know what? That quest IS hard - inspite of all these hotshots telling you they did it at lvl 7. I always leave it to do last - after the story quest where you get your companion (which is also hard, at least for inquisitor). Also, use your commendations to upgrade your gear before you do the quest. That helped a lot.

This isnt some level 50 elite we are talking about here. It's not a fight where you have 2-3 action bars worth of offensive and defensive abilities to choose from. They dont even have the advantage of having gear/items from crew skills to help them out.

When in game i usually suggest to people the same thing, just come back when you have your comp if its a hard mission.

However it's a level 6 mission, a point at which inqs & wars dont have a lot of abilities to choose from, they have minimal defensive capabilities and they all have identical gear up to this point. I just did it at again on a warrior at level 6 for the heck of it. I even used all the gear that you start out with. Meaning i took off my Sith war blade and equipped my Sith practice blade, and i had academy pants, boots and chest.

Unless you get really bad RNG you will have the same results. There was nothing special about how i killed it. I only used 4 skills and popped my 1 defensive CD and a minor medpac. But i managed my resource and didnt waste it on useless skills. If i can do all that then anybody can, they just need to think it through.

Like i said people just have to pick the best resource to damage dealing ability they have. If i have 4 rage built up, do i use force scream which does 128-143 damage, vicious slash which does 98-108 damage, smash which does 90-105 aoe damage or assault which does 43-54 damage but gives me 2 rage?

At this low level it's really that simple. And if force scream is on CD then what? use the next ability. If you only have 3 rage then what? is force scream available? if yes hit assault to get up to 5 rage, scream...this drops you to 1 rage, hit assault to get to 3 rage and slash.

Like i said this is not some level 50 elite and you dont have 2 action bars worth of abilities to choose from. You only have a few basic attacks, so you just need to manage them and your resources properly.

Blood Legacy usually gets people at the end- the Bloodfiend is quite good at eating newbie Inquisitors, and my partner (who was playing a newbie SI) nearly tossed her keyboard at first.

This is how to pull it off. You'll still probably want/need to pop a medpac in the middle of things, but that's no big deal.

When you drop the skull in to pop the Bloodfiend, BACK AWAY IMMEDIATELY. It's a melee mob. Winning smart involves getting as much time with it away from eating your face as possible.

Open by feeding it a face full of Force lightning, which will slow it's approach and cook it nicely. When it gets to melee range, Overload and slap it back, then give it another round of Force lightning. You might be able to throw in a quick Shock before channeling if you like.

When it closes, Electrocute it. Get distance again, feed it a third dose of lightning. It should be seriously hurting at this point, if not down. Hammer on it with your melee attacks, and if need be, Overload should be ready by now and you can send it flying AGAIN for one more lightning salvo, but by this point you should be the victor.

It's doable by 6 with respectable gear (ie, you actually put on your quest rewards), at 8 (with Recklessness) it's even easier. Most newbie SI's try to straight-up fight it up close, and it will crush you like this.

Blood Legacy usually gets people at the end- the Bloodfiend is quite good at eating newbie Inquisitors, and my partner (who was playing a newbie SI) nearly tossed her keyboard at first.

This is how to pull it off. You'll still probably want/need to pop a medpac in the middle of things, but that's no big deal.

When you drop the skull in to pop the Bloodfiend, BACK AWAY IMMEDIATELY. It's a melee mob. Winning smart involves getting as much time with it away from eating your face as possible.

Open by feeding it a face full of Force lightning, which will slow it's approach and cook it nicely. When it gets to melee range, Overload and slap it back, then give it another round of Force lightning. You might be able to throw in a quick Shock before channeling if you like.

When it closes, Electrocute it. Get distance again, feed it a third dose of lightning. It should be seriously hurting at this point, if not down. Hammer on it with your melee attacks, and if need be, Overload should be ready by now and you can send it flying AGAIN for one more lightning salvo, but by this point you should be the victor.

It's doable by 6 with respectable gear (ie, you actually put on your quest rewards), at 8 (with Recklessness) it's even easier. Most newbie SI's try to straight-up fight it up close, and it will crush you like this.

^- This is what I did with my SI. It is a good instance to teach you how to use your skill other than Spam spam spam spam = dead.

I did kill it around 8-9 for my Sith Warrior :) You can pick this up and do it later.