State of the Game #3

CourtneyWoods

o.k three things.

1: If they do it from a vendor but still use cartel coins not really a big difference

2: It will still cost people real money, yes people get a free CC stipend etc etc

3: what current game mechanic see's you using Cartel coins in anything other than the Cartel Market, after all that is what they are for.

I will be the first to admit as long as they dont go crazy overboard with how much certain changes cost you in CC's it might make things a little easier, but at the end of the day it is my belief and my opinion that it should be a core game system that shouldn't exceed the cost of your subscription to use, if the changes are price right to fall within the free stipend of CC's all the better.

ad who's getting mad ? just trying to have a discussion :cool:

Sorry, I shouldn't have been SO grumpy (No breakfast+ being on here is not a good mix.) :rak_grin: I just don't understand all the complaints about a system that was announced a few hours ago. I can see the species change costing a lot, but the smaller stuff wouldn't cost a lot. But, that's just my opinion.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came here from Everquest II after playing there for almost 9 years. I still play there on occaision. SOE pretty much has set the standard for games and the FTP model over the last couple of years and Everquest II allows you to do a full body remake ( face, hair, colors, size, etc ) for in game currency and they always have. It costs a little over 1 gold piece, very trivial considering the in game economy. They do charge for a race change though via the station store ( same thing as our cartel market here).

I would be completely in favor of Bioware charging us for a species change, especially if they are planning on releasing more species in the future. As far as just using a "barber shop" feature to change hair style or eye color I would rather see that done with in game currency. They could add a beautician NPC to be placed around the various planets, on fleet, or even as a ship companion.

I have a feeling they may do that since to me that makes most sense. In game currency should be used. Perhaps they could offer that option to subs like the free spec and use Cartel coins for free players.

I could care less about a barbershop, or any other small trinket of content. That's really all that stuff is. What I would like to know, or at least understand the direction of , is what the future story content will be like post Hutt Cartel expansion.

Sure. Here you go...pick your link.

Those are simply second hand reports by gaming "journalism" sites, rather than the Q&A itself. Regardless, I think the 8 week mention is specifically to let us know that they're not going past the deadline with this cycle, indicating we'll have something in early April(probably RoTHC).

Sure. Here you go...pick your link.

yeah it says 6 weeks, but as someone below also said they are second hand reviews.

Now lets took a look form a complete transcript form a SWTOR livestream with the devs :

"Q: How is the 6-8 week time frame for new content going? Hickman: It's difficult, but it's going well. We'll probably have a 9 week period between the next update and the one after that just so our team can enjoy the holidays a bit. They were all in the office last year during the holidays for the launch, so we want to give them some time off this year. But after that, we should be going back to the 6-8 week turnaround time."

So second hand reports or direct from the devs mouths... hrmmm i choose option 2

And I’m happy to announce that we’ll be introducing several new features along the way, like a new customization feature, which will allow you to change your character's hair style, eye color, body type, or even species (including the upcoming Cathar!) using Cartel Coins. Look for it in early summer.

so the in-game barber shop will require CC? or is that some kind of external options which you can use through the CM?

Edited by saremun

And I’m happy to announce that we’ll be introducing several new features along the way, like a new customization feature, which will allow you to change your character's hair style, eye color, body type, or even species (including the upcoming Cathar!) using Cartel Coins.

Yup, you are EAware, no doubt about it. That should be an ingame feature for ingame creds, not cartel. :mad:

Love the game. Been a founder member.

My main issuse I have with this MMO is that is way to easy and available for everyone to get end gear(63) top tier gear,

They can suck badly but do dailies grind credits and buy gear from GTN. Where others bust theyre butts doing Denova HM TFB HM and looting it. There should be a gap between the grinders of dailies and the top players who do the operations. You had that long ago with rakata gear only being looted and bound but blackhole (61) and dreadguard(63) is cooked by all and bought by anyone, hell I seen people with 63 mods who never been in a operation...that drives you crazy. The hardcore players who burn the hours doing the ops should be rewarded so not be standing on fleet with noobs who have the same level of gear.

Wow...

He mentioned using cartel coins- doesn't mean it'll ONLY be cartel coins. I'm willing to bet you'll have the option of using cartel coins or you can use credits after a certain legacy level, ala Legacy unlocks. However, lets assume it is something that you can only buy on the market, like a consumable. Then it'll be something that people can still buy then put up on GTN for people who don't want to use cartel coins, just like just about every other thing on the market. Can we please take a chill pill and not blow up simple statements in a general update he probably wrote in 5 minutes into something monumental until we get more concrete details? The man shouldn't need three editors and a lawyer present every time he writes a quick statement to the fans. :rolleyes:

Aaaaaaand let the flaming commence! :p:D

Haha, cartel coins for hair change. It's actually a clever idea, besides he said through the cartel market. How do you know that doesn't mean once you have bought it once you can change as many times as you like? There were no specifics so you can't whine about it already.

id like to see in the barber shop or on cartel market the ability to change the appearance of our created or new creations of twileks as they are currently 1 tone but Ashara zavros and many other nps are 2 tone and thats a big thing id like to see.

also more traditional jedi and sith costumes liek what anakin wore and obi-wan then theres the darth maul outfit these were all similar and very basic traditional jedi and sith outfits but its sometihng id like the option of purchasing myself.

My main worry is that after Makeb Qol will be the focus. Qol inprovements should be an ongoing effort. The focus after the first digital expansion should be on the second expansion. Or are we going into WAR-esque maintenance mode?

Good to hear about 2mil new accounts created since f2p. Rest if the blog tho... not exactly inspiring stuff.

I could care less about a barbershop, or any other small trinket of content. That's really all that stuff is. What I would like to know, or at least understand the direction of , is what the future story content will be like post Hutt Cartel expansion.

Coming to your Cartel Market soon.... :rolleyes:

Seriously, this game revolves around the CM atm, story updates are like..... yeah, maybe. :rolleyes:

I hate the way this game is going. Can't see myself endorsing this franchise for very much longer.

Its good that you can admit things were bad 6 months ago, its just a shame if you think new accounts and new sign ups means anything in this game at the moment.

The Current content is boring, your last content up date of reputation is lacking in anything new to do, it just added rewards for redoing what we had already done but didn't get credit for.

There is no Open world PvP so more people coming in adds very little to the PvP aspect of the game expect to make the grinding of PvP points quicker through warzones but to what end?

You have nearly no guild options or reasons for guilds to exist outside of running Ops, but you do nothing that benefits the guild from this, no guild cities, ships or even perks.

You talk about changing species via the barber shop, I have no problem with but all the Species are the Same. Its a various coloured Human, after Cathar which have taken far too long to bring in can we see some real Species brought into the game and allow us to play them.

When are we going to start seeing this game live up to its Star Wars potential, at the moment it feels very bland, unimaginative, tired and lacking in a great many much needed and much requested features and content. You touch on people being interested in what is happening over at Bioware Austin and for good reason. It feels like very very little with long waits for little content and lots of new stuff in the Cartel market. Take a quick look at the competition Star Trek online has a free expansion coming adding a 3rd faction while Elder Scrolls Online is looking to dynamic combat in a beautifully rendered world full of different races. BW needs to start bringing new and exciting game play options in and not just trying to wrince the playerbase of every last buck.

starting to get fed up with everything having to go through the cartel market...now we see rep grinds and char customization via the cartel market? when is this bs going to end? Let us use in game credits for the customization and please for the love of god just make some simple daily quests for rep grinds instead of making us spend in game or real life money. I swear to God EA isn't going to be happy until they have completely milked their loyal customer base dry.

So we both have sources that say we are right? We're never going to win this, you know that? :rak_tongue: And while we're at it, what ever happened to Matthew Bromberg? He was around last summer and then poof.. nothing.

:) It's not like it really matters, I just knew that when they said 6-8, we could expect it in 8. I just don't want 8 to become 10 now that 8 seems to be the new goal...not even mentioning 6 any longer...

Coming to your Cartel Market soon.... :rolleyes:

Seriously, this game revolves around the CM atm, story updates are like..... yeah, maybe. :rolleyes:

I hate the way this game is going. Can't see myself endorsing this franchise for very much longer.

I know a lot of people, myself included, who agree with that statement.

what happened to the free' Cathar' species =/ It's sad how Bioware changes what they say from one way to another. Keep it consistent please :(

Also Barber Shop should be free... We're paying subscription. If Bioware wants to focus on cartel market, which suprisingly works best for Bioware, might as well get rid of subscription :( We're spending more on Cartel Points than our subscription. But then, money is money so that's good at least in the development cost for the game :)