is DULFY dead?

Mephesh

• 4 weeks later...
Its sad because Dulfy really kept things up in SWTOR's dark time, but with SWTOR reaching out to the community again, and making people aware now with whats out there in a post today, its nice to see the next generation come up and provide those community resources.

• 1 month later...

level 2

notluchini

[DnT]

481 points

·

3 months ago

I will be intentionally vague because it's up to her if she decides to share more information at any point in future. Everything is okay, her career requires her full attention for the time being.

seen on reddit

Edited by fabsus
insert link to quote

If this Dulfy has career commitments then the site is indeed dead. If this Dulfy can't take the time to deal with the site then there should be another who can at least maintain the site and post up to date information or it should be taken down. doesn't matter in any event, the longer it remains up and out of date the less likely people will look through it and the lass active it gets leading to its abandonment, so i don't see the point of keeping the site in operation if it can't be maintained any more.

as the owner of the site, you are legally responsible for it.

so if a third person keeps running the platform, you have to

transfer everything to that person, or check everything.

dulfy is not only a swtor-site, but supported some other games, too.

so it will be hard to find people going on with all that.

but beside that, dulfy is still a great source for so many swtor related information,

still usable for many players. until the other pages are not filled with that much

content, the page should be kept running.

also dulfy.net was started in 2011. so i think it is okay to have some

sentimental issues, to keep it running.

Edited by fabsus

as the owner of the site, you are legally responsible for it.

so if a third person keeps running the platform, you have to

transfer everything to that person, or check everything.

not if the individual posting news and information doesn't have access to all the settings, just those allowed to post such news and update other stuff. even with a person with a full time career, talking to them on the phone or in person for a few minutes a day on the activities of the website and making sure the direction goes a certain direction. Nothing stopping someone you trust to help out. nothing needs to be transferred.

If you were an employee of a small shop and your boss was busy, he wouldn't hand you the contract and the deed to the place because he was too busy.

dulfy is not only a swtor-site, but supported some other games, too.

so it will be hard to find people going on with all that.

and?

but beside that, dulfy is still a great source for so many swtor related information,

still usable for many players. until the other pages are not filled with that much

content, the page should be kept running.

also dulfy.net was started in 2011. so i think it is okay to have some

sentimental issues, to keep it running.

i'm not concerned by when it was setup or how much information was posted or anything about the person behind the name, if the site isn't being kept up to date, it should be by other means otherwise as you mentioned the owner of the site is responsible for the consequences of doing nothing.

The site is still a good reference and guide for past content and achievements, and people still play those all the time. I wouldn't see a point to taking it down and making all those resources unavailable just because it's not being updated with new content. You don't take a book out of the library just because the author doesn't write anymore.

At any rate, it's a shame if she's not able to do the site anymore but people do move on and have other interests or obligations, and I thank her for all the effort she put into the guides on that site.

C

elise;9757445]not if the individual posting news and information doesn't have access to all the settings, just those allowed to post such news and update other stuff. even with a person with a full time career, talking to them on the phone or in person for a few minutes a day on the activities of the website and making sure the direction goes a certain direction. Nothing stopping someone you trust to help out. nothing needs to be transferred.

If you were an employee of a small shop and your boss was busy, he wouldn't hand you the contract and the deed to the place because he was too busy

Comparing a real life business to a game site is really over reaching don't you think. A game site is just that a game site. A business is totally different.

i'm not concerned by when it was setup or how much information was posted or anything about the person behind the name, if the site isn't being kept up to date, it should be by other means otherwise as you mentioned the owner of the site is responsible for the consequences of doing nothing.

And what are those consequences? Saving a lot of time and money? This is not a business selling or promoting their products on the internet, and the adds can't cover the costs of webhosting on this scale. It's a hobbyist fan site whose owner obviously had a lot of spare time and enthusiasm for gaming and writing about it, but now (at least currently) has better things to do. Dulfy is under no obligation to find a replacement to keep her site up to date, or even just tell us what happened (hope it's something nice.)

Edited by Mubrak