Which server for PvP?

sanukiz

Hello together,

I'm wondering which server is the best for people who mainly (actually only) wanna play PvP? Which one is the most active (shortest waittimes for wz etc.)? Also in terms of solo ranked (someday)...

And if there is a difference: which side (imp/rep)?

EU and NA are both ok for me.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Edited by sanukiz

In NA, a couple of well populated PVE and RP servers got merged into Star Forge. At this point the majority of NA PVP players had migrated to Harbinger, a place known for toxicity and feeble server hamsters. Harbinger would become Satele Shan, but moving the server from west coast to east saw many APAC players leaving due to increased ping.

These days the most populated server would be Star Forge, followed by Darth Malgus. The largest PVP community (i.e. people who are serious about pvp and do little else) should be on Satele Shan, also followed by Darth Malgus.

In the EU there's something else to consider: Are you more fluent in French or German than you are in English? If so, do you prefer your chat in a language where you understand every nuance, or do you rather have the larger playerbase, even if you (and other players) sometimes struggle with understanding them?

Finally it depends on when you are usually playing. The EU is asleep at NA prime time, NA is at work at EU prime time.

If you are an early bird in NA, the EU has you covered, and late morning in the EU is the evening for the APAC players who hang out on Satele Shan.

Edited by Mubrak

Thank you so much for this answer Mubrak, helped me a lot! <3

I guess, I will try Star Forge then and transfer a char to Darth Malgus. The only remaining question: Is there a difference between the faction/side (imp/rep)? Or is instanced pvp mixed? If so, which side is more populated (it does matter due community, auction house and the rare days, where I could enjoy some PvE ;-)).

Thanks again mate! :)

If you haven't figured out already: PVP and auction house are cross faction. Open world pvp rarely happens.

Imp is the more populated faction because most new players first want to play a Sith. But you want to play every class at least once anyway. Faction loyalty isn't a thing here.

Star Forge has a downtime in pops regularly for about six hours a day, between the times of 6::00AM BST and 12:00PM BST.

Even at these late hours it still populates, although sometimes there's a few mins wait and you may get 4v4s.

All together, if you're looking for a server where the pvp NEVER stops.

Jump on to SF.