Crew Skill Storage

Amunra-amunray

MayThe4thBw/U

Please add a 7th day to all cargo holds it would be much appreciated I am sure by the greater SWTOR merchant community...

:D Do or do not there is no try....

Yeah, only 6 days in one's Cargo Hold is pretty week.

Yes. I just did that.

Have 5 in legacy.4 are used for ALL mats for ALL profs. And 1 extra for trash things like ...anything else.

Align mats horizontal, not vertical. Then it fits 2 -3 profs (kinda 2.5) in 1 tab.

Edited by alexzk

Some mats like colour crystals and synthweaving mats ( fabrics) are not used by any other professions, so keep them in the cargo holds of those crafters with artifice and Synthweaving.

You could also move rarely-used stuff to cargo holds too. - and stack stuff from different characters into legacy storage - but TBH you're never likely to need more than 9999 mats in a hurry anyways, so 1 stack is plenty. - Stow the rest elsewhere if you can't bear to part with it.

Just wait for expansion when we most likely get grade 11 materials. They should really implement crafting storage for strongholds where you can store one stack of each material.

.....and indeed one for numerous in-game currencies that don't stay in your inventory.

• 4 weeks later...
Some mats like colour crystals and synthweaving mats ( fabrics) are not used by any other professions, so keep them in the cargo holds of those crafters with artifice and Synthweaving.

You could also move rarely-used stuff to cargo holds too. - and stack stuff from different characters into legacy storage - but TBH you're never likely to need more than 9999 mats in a hurry anyways, so 1 stack is plenty. - Stow the rest elsewhere if you can't bear to part with it.

While that is all fine... Some of us don't have the luxury of space due to cartel market items they currently own. A 7th Bay would help my cause and others i am sure immensely.

With all the alts and the two sets of legacy gear on most i.e, heals/dps tank/dps pvp/pve sets a seventh bay would be very very helpful! Again its a space issue for your legacy...and its a small one bay request which has been done before

There is a new legacy wide crafting mat storage in the expansion. It was mentioned on the livestream. You will no longer have to use personal/legacy cargo holds to store your mats. And yes there are Grade 11 mats coming according to the Reddit AMAA posts the community team did. Edited by Bar-Da-Voya

This one is mostly true, except both color crystals and fabrics are used in Stronghold crafting for all professions. :(

:)

There is a new legacy wide crafting mat storage in the expansion. It was mentioned on the livestream. You will no longer have to use personal/legacy cargo holds to store your mats. And yes there are Grade 11 mats coming according to the Reddit AMAA posts the community team did.

THANK you... that frees up some space for the both of us Bioware...

Thanks for this amazing post... Yeahp Onslaught we are ready!

• 9 months later...
Where to get this legacy crafting mats storage? Or is it upcoming? If yes, when?

While I like the new storage for all things material in SWTOR, I do not like keeping my super rare materials in this window. I wish there was a deselect box for specific items to be drawn from this storage. Additionally the purple and Blue craftable items seem to remain in your inventory even though you have elected to have all stored there. So this might be a two item fix...

Edited by Amunra-amunray

While I like the new storage for all things material in SWTOR, I do not like keeping my super rare materials in this window. I wish there was a deselect box for specific items to be drawn from this storage.

I'm not sure I understand *why* you don't like keeping super-rares in there.

Additionally the purple and Blue craftable items seem to remain in your inventory even though you have elected to have all stored there.

If you're referring to Assembly Components and Bonded Attachments, that's actually a good thing. You can deconstruct them on the character that made them for augmentation slot components, but once you put them in the shared storage, they forget who made them, and thus you only get materials back. If you don't care about that, right-click the "diamond-with-arrow" (stash mats in shared storage) button at the top of the Inventory panel and pick the maximum quality colour you want it to send to shared, then click it from time to time.

I can answer that question, because I have the same issue on a wider scale....

Stock Levels Matter

This is especially true for different crafts that use the same materials

old system was a pain because it took up 3 bays to get a good view of what you had for stock....new system holds more without taking up a ton off storage space, but I can't even bring myself to call it organized

Old way:

you could put products in stripes of skills, rows of type, and columns of grade, if I wanted to make say war supplies, all I needed to do was look down the column and see what I was short on, know which missions to run for it, and be able to balance it across all types of war supplies and make equal amounts for converting into invasion forces....

now I need to look up each recipe individually, then each item in the recipes, then compare them all, then go back and see which I'm short, re-look up which item it is so I can see what craft and what grade farms it, etc ad nauseam.

and why? because some idjit thought it'd be useful to use a default alphabetical filter on a system of components that has absolutely no naming convention at all. when what's obviously needed is a a grade and type filtering system. it's not like the data isn't there, it's a property tag that gets read every time you mouse over a mat.... even alpha sorting on that would be better than trash pile we have.

If you're referring to Assembly Components and Bonded Attachments, that's actually a good thing. You can deconstruct them on the character that made them for augmentation slot components, but once you put them in the shared storage, they forget who made them, and thus you only get materials back. If you don't care about that, right-click the "diamond-with-arrow" (stash mats in shared storage) button at the top of the Inventory panel and pick the maximum quality colour you want it to send to shared, then click it from time to time.

no matter how much right clicking you do to that dumb diamond it does not place BLUES or PURPLES in the massive storage, further if there is an issue with RE-ing them cause of loss of materials or better RnG and the like that is a developer programming flaw bent on making you have to work more and get less as it seems to have started at 4.7 They need to hot patch it or PATCH it Period. Jesus does no one see the forest through the trees?

:rak_02:

I can answer that question, because I have the same issue on a wider scale....

Stock Levels Matter

This is especially true for different crafts that use the same materials

old system was a pain because it took up 3 bays to get a good view of what you had for stock....new system holds more without taking up a ton off storage space, but I can't even bring myself to call it organized

Old way:

you could put products in stripes of skills, rows of type, and columns of grade, if I wanted to make say war supplies, all I needed to do was look down the column and see what I was short on, know which missions to run for it, and be able to balance it across all types of war supplies and make equal amounts for converting into invasion forces....

now I need to look up each recipe individually, then each item in the recipes, then compare them all, then go back and see which I'm short, re-look up which item it is so I can see what craft and what grade farms it, etc ad nauseam.

and why? because some idjit thought it'd be useful to use a default alphabetical filter on a system of components that has absolutely no naming convention at all. when what's obviously needed is a a grade and type filtering system. it's not like the data isn't there, it's a property tag that gets read every time you mouse over a mat.... even alpha sorting on that would be better than trash pile we have.

Now we are talking, see someone with actual sense. I mean the crew skill vendor should be used as a skin. But they just jumbled some UI together in hopes it would satisfy us. It needs some tweaking.

Further I do not like keeping super rares in the inventory so I can keep tabs on my end game crafting and what is needed without having to go to the B window and cross reference. Mega crafters will understand this more than a casual crafter. It just simpler to keep my Solids, embers and processed in a bay but my thousands of other mats are fine in the new Materials UI!!!