Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please do something for the mandalorians. ((Maybe a new expansion based on them))

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Please do something for the mandalorians. ((Maybe a new expansion based on them))

Shayddow
12.02.2019 , 08:21 PM | #11
Main reason my main BH sided with the Empire but kept her alliance independent.
Shekkel,70 Nimrossa, 70 |Ebon Hawk
Shassella, 70 Barzella, 70 | Begeran
Adonnah, 70 Kydosh, 70 |Harbinger
Tashha, 70 Svgon, 70

TL_Roff
12.02.2019 , 10:54 PM | #12
Considering the Mandalorians kinda sorta originated on Coruscant, there sits a fantastic possible hook for the Mandalorians going on the vengence war path against the Republic.

SerraShar
12.03.2019 , 05:26 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
What mandalorian culture there basically mercs I do not even get their concept of honor. What does honor means to them for example when they break said honor there is no repercussion at all. For example the smuggler has an companion who is an mandalorian who mate was killed by an corrupt imperial official and honor and culture dictates that her clan has to take revenge but they refused breaking said honor(her clan was killed an her husbands clan refused to honor tradition and get revenge). They are still mandalorians there not an exiled clan and nothing bad happened to them. If the honor an culture of mandalorians is so paper thin can it be called honor?
I aint an expert, far from it . But personally, I always though they were nothing but BIG BULLIES .

Quote:
"Here's why you can't exterminate us, aruetii. We're not huddled in one place—we span the galaxy. We need no lords or leaders—so you can't destroy our command. We can live without technology—so we can fight with our bare hands. We have no species or bloodline—so we can rebuild our ranks with others who want to join us. We're more than just a people or an army, aruetii. We're a culture. We're an idea. And you can't kill ideas—but we can certainly kill you."
―Mandalore the Destroyer[src]
I mean, I remember when they attacked the Cathar . They launched a war against 1) Innocent peoples who had no idea they are about to die . 2)They claimed they hear rumours and launch attack based on said claim . Exemple: Mando heard broccolee the vegetable make you dishonorable if you eat it. Here you find a whole group of Mando squashing Broccolee on some guy field, and he is standing there wondering what the hell is wrong with them ?

At least that was my take from hearing their attack on the cathar .

Quote:
The planet of Cathar was devastated by the Mandalorians during the Battle of Cathar, leading to the enslavement and near-extinction of the Cathar species. Over 90 percent of the species was killed by the Mandalorians in the battle.[6] The few survivors were forced to flee off-world to survive. After the Mandalorian Wars, Cathar began to resettle their world. By the time of the Galactic Civil War, it had fully recovered from the damage the Mandalorians had done.
I hate the term 'Honor' anyway . Every time someone use the word 'Honor', it just a substitut word for 'My Pride, My arrogance..'' .

It's a lie of course, they are just bloodthirsty bored need a job to feel useful Merc .

Quote:
Near the end of the battle, Cassus herded the surviving Cathar into the ocean and ordered that they be killed. One Mandalorian objected, saying the Cathar had already been defeated. But Cassus said the battle was about revenge, and he intended to kill all Cathar on the planet. He then gave the order to have the remaining Cathar killed, and the Mandalorian who objected died with them.[3]
They have lore and cultures, but it's meaningless when you find out they are honoreless dogs, begging to be leashed and sent against something to tear down .

if you read here: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mandalorian/Legends

It does seem that 'Later'. they tried changing their way, but somehow there is always one d-che that disagree and cling to the 'old ways' and drag those like him in an old fashioned honorable war for the sake of lolz.

I guess they are interesting to read about at least, bloodthirsty and tribal like but with guns and a big body count .

Some peoples want to play as the Mando, I'm happy being a Merc without the bloody baggages .
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!