Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LAUNCH! (I'm in) My take on the launch...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
LAUNCH! (I'm in) My take on the launch...

Daeborn
12.16.2011 , 06:59 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by WeppsSWG View Post
Of course, this all assumes the 20th will be just as clean
Considering the only real issue on the 20th is whether you have redeemed your order or not I expect it to be smooth too.

WeppsSWG
12.16.2011 , 07:00 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by mavissc View Post
But there will be a lot of kids on the 25th who asked for it and were told, not until Xmas. I don't think the problem will be the 20th I think it will come in the days following Chrimbo.
In every one I've played launched October or later, Christmas was also a major issue, yes. But if they can get through THIS so cleanly, I'm not really worried.
"They shall come all for violence; their faces shall sup up as the east wind, and they shall gather the captivity as the sand."

Mirela
12.16.2011 , 07:20 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
The people that WANT to play right away already pre-ordered the game. There isn't going to be like a million people on the 20th that are going to be like 'OMG Star Wars MMO! Never heard of it! Cool!', but rather there might be maybe a couple thousand that get it then because they couldn't pre-order it for some reason. Don't take a 'sales analyst' to realize this.
Have you ever been present for an MMO launch? Because with many others, there were like a hundred thousand people who decided to pick it up on launch day. Not everyone is a die-hard Star Wars fan... why would they need to be?

And yeah, there are probably a ton of people who will get the game for Christmas...