Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Voices for OUR characters...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Voices for OUR characters...

Majestic_Jazz
12.15.2011 , 11:57 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JansanRuno View Post
Male sith warrior has a really great voice. Not sure who the actor would be, but thoroughly enjoying it.
Yeah, but the SW voice sounds good on all body types. When I hear the IA male voice, I think of a short thin guy who is very sly.....

Not a big muscular dude who is a playboy lady magnet.
Want to enjoy a unique Star Wars story experience?

What are you waiting for? A galaxy awaits your arrival...

Kaskava
12.15.2011 , 11:59 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Superthrust View Post
So, i made a really big guy. And I was hoping the voices might scale. Instead, the women voices are more deep that my cahracters voice. Why can i not change my voice? Seriously, a big buff black dude does not have a tiny britt white woman's voice.

The NPC's have deeper voices than me and as i mention before, the women do too!!
Go give BioWare millions of dollars, so they can record more voices. Then maybe you'll be able to.
This just in: Expanding on an ending no one likes is not improving said ending. A polished turd is still a turd.

acheros
12.16.2011 , 12:00 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Majestic_Jazz View Post
Yeah, but the SW voice sounds good on all body types. When I hear the IA male voice, I think of a short thin guy who is very sly.....

Not a big muscular dude who is a playboy lady magnet.
When casting the rolls for VA, they probably had a character archetype and look in mind. IA's are supposed to be SPYS, and who would you rather be a spy? The big giant dude who stands out in a crowd? Or the small/average sized guy who blends in with everyone else.

James bond would be the worst, spy, ever.

Tamyn
12.16.2011 , 12:03 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JansanRuno View Post
Male sith warrior has a really great voice. Not sure who the actor would be, but thoroughly enjoying it.
Mark Bazeley.

I am so tempted to make a male Sith Warrior just so I can listen to his voice for hours.
Quote: Originally Posted by XiamaraSimi View Post
This is Bioware, where fashion goes to die.

Kadabrax
12.16.2011 , 12:05 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Schonam View Post
be glad you're playing. I have to wait till 8 am. -.-
this.

Superthrust
12.16.2011 , 07:25 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Majestic_Jazz View Post
I assume you're playing as an Imperial Agent?

I to plan on playing as a black male [3rd Body Type] for my Imperial Agent and the voice was something that I was pondering about as well.
Yeah, im playing an agent. And i have chose a really big black "bouncer" looking guy.

And for all the people saying "lol ironic" or hypocrit, You all apparently must not care that this game took SEVERAL years to develop because their main complaint was "oh, we wanted all characters to have a different voice." and now all we have is characters who sound the same.

And before someone shoots back saying "hurpderp, they meant npc's only", then why do our characters have voices or anything? They could have least put in a slider on character selection for modulated or different voices, what with all the people they have recording voices around.

They wanna make a game that is about the story, lore and immersion, well, i wanna be immersed. And it is hard to do that with my 6ft tall bouncer sounding like stewie griffin.

I swear, if my chracter EVER says "what the deuce", im quitting period.
CE N-VIP: We came, We saw, We Pre-ordered. We got Screwed.

The only thing i ask for this christmas, is my CE edition replaced since i was sent a broken one missing stuff