Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5 days early acces versus 7 days early access.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
5 days early acces versus 7 days early access.

Odinswill
12.15.2011 , 03:22 AM | #11
Of course I agree. It is far from fair the way they have done this. First come first serve is just egocentric bull **********. It's this type of thinking that makes the world a worse place than it already is. Instead wanting all to be on equal terms, people simply want their own good before others. Cannot approuve that way of thinking.
Those who reply the contrary are proberbly in game now. Or have been in game so long, wanted to troll on a forums.

Marmerus
12.15.2011 , 03:23 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by mynimoe View Post
I realize that those who preordered are going to be getting most likely 4 days early access. This is exactly what BioWare said may happen with there "Up to 5 days" bit. But what about those players who are getting 7 days as opposed to the 4 and 5 days.

My question is. Do you think it's fair that some people are getting 2 extra days of early access? Do you think it would be fair if they reset everyone whenever everyone who preordered has access? This is strictly an opinion question. No negative comments please.
Yes on PVP servers but not on PVE servers. I think they should have only opened PVE servers first and let the PVP servers wait for the launch or when everyone is inside.
This is to prevent the acceleration process of unbalance on the population.
@ Bioware
Stop trolling the EU. Fix the downtimes to the middle of the night and not in the middle of the morning / day.

entropyrl
12.15.2011 , 03:23 AM | #13
I know I am dying, cause you know that stranger who is level 30 now, while im level 1, makes my life sooooo terrible, forget that some kids are starving, or abused , or killed or thrown in dumpters, that so many people live without water or electricity ,

I dont have my SWTOR and wow the world is ending , seriously is, i think im going to /wrist , ttyl

Enlaw
12.15.2011 , 03:24 AM | #14
As things go, this is one of them.

This is a game, so as there are no real-world consequences to some people having an extra few days, I say 'WOOT' to those that have the extra time! It is literally no skin off my back.
Genericposter1138: Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to the Search Engine has not helped us conjure up the stolen thread, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the Rebels' hidden forums...*gasp**choke*
Darh Vader: I find your lack of faith in the Search Engine disturbing.

mynimoe
12.15.2011 , 03:24 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by entropyrl View Post
I know I am dying, cause you know that stranger who is level 30 now, while im level 1, makes my life sooooo terrible, forget that some kids are starving, or abused , or killed or thrown in dumpters, that so many people live without water or electricity ,

I dont have my SWTOR and wow the world is ending , seriously is, i think im going to /wrist , ttyl
Very colorful. Thanks for the troll!

Tekkoclarky
12.15.2011 , 03:25 AM | #16
I think it's unfair how I have to go to work everyday, that means a jobless person can play more than me and thus get ahead of me.

THAT'S NOT FAIR BIOWARE!

Put a cap on the amount of hours per day you can spend in game, it's the only way to be fair to us employed folks.

and no I am not serious.

mynimoe
12.15.2011 , 03:25 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Enlaw View Post
As things go, this is one of them.

This is a game, so as there are no real-world consequences to some people having an extra few days, I say 'WOOT' to those that have the extra time! It is literally no skin off my back.

I can respect this opinion. My response to that is that I feel BW is pretty much sticking the middle finger up to those who waited to preorder because they wanted some tangible feedback about the game before putting money down on it. What do you think?

AlucardsSoul
12.15.2011 , 03:26 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by mynimoe View Post
I think you're missing the point. I also said no negative comments. Please take your lame trolling elsewhere.
No, you are missing the point. How is it unfair? Should I be able to skip the line-up on boxing day when I get to the store at 9AM while others have been waiting since 5AM?
Intel i7-950/Corsair H70|Gigabyte UD3R|eVGA GTX 570|Corsair DOMINATOR 6GB PC3-12800
Intel
X25-V 40GB SSDx2(RAID-0)|2TB Seagate HDD|Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w W0133RU
BenQ G2400W|Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker System|NZXT Phantom Case Wiring Job
Collectors Edition x2 pre-ordered 7/21/2011

Gandivor
12.15.2011 , 03:27 AM | #19
What is fair is different for everyone. I personal have no problem with what they are doing. They follow through with there statements. As long they handle there business up front like this experience has been, I will have no problems. I am here to play a game for fun, not worrying about if someone has a head start on me. Reality as long the game is enjoyable experience and they communicate what they are doing I have no problems.

Do I wish they communicated about when people must likely are getting in, Yes. Because I do not enjoy sitting around wondering if I am getting in. Though I made that choose because I am excited about playing and had nothing extremely important going on. To me why punish the people read and pay attention for the ones that will yell and scream no matter what. So far I am very please with there approach in this game.
Guild Leader
BigDarn Heroes

roxio
12.15.2011 , 03:27 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Lukejenkins View Post
first come first served i see it as, and its a marathon not a race to the finish
Agree with this but some people do like a race to max level. Dunno why, less to do considering the lack of max level characters.