Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stun immunity

AMZERO
02.14.2012 , 05:24 AM | #1
Stun immunity is needed in all PVP sooner rather than later. When in PvP getting stunned back to back to back gives a player ZERO chance to defend themselves. There needs to be a 10 second min immunity if not longer. It works well in ALL other MMO's would work just fine here also would make the fights better.

DarthWomprat
02.14.2012 , 05:28 AM | #2
There are already some classes with an immunity. I've tried to force push a sage (if I remember correctly?) and it was absorbed.
"If Alderran were death starred right now, only hundreds of voices would cry out" - Lord Zalkido

AMZERO
02.14.2012 , 05:46 AM | #3
Yea I am a trooper and I get stunned to death back to back to back and cant even get a shot off.

GFWarper
02.14.2012 , 05:47 AM | #4
You are supposed to get 1 full stun effect per control cycle (full resolve => time => zero resolve). It was designed to be so...
If you can't survive 1 stun, it's not only your problem. In patch 1.1.3 developers reduce effect of surge rating to reduce crit effects. They know about it and work in series of small tunes. Other than that you are supposed to have someone to back you up. Do not hope to survive focus of 4 people...

Amythiel
02.14.2012 , 05:48 AM | #5
Have you guys never heard of resolve?

ExStaR
02.14.2012 , 05:49 AM | #6
Yeah a stun immunity would work lovely as most classes have 2-3 stun moves it just gets ridiculous sometimes
The Sky Might Fall

DariuszPol
02.14.2012 , 05:49 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AMZERO View Post
Stun immunity is needed in all PVP sooner rather than later. When in PvP getting stunned back to back to back gives a player ZERO chance to defend themselves. There needs to be a 10 second min immunity if not longer. It works well in ALL other MMO's would work just fine here also would make the fights better.
This is why you have resolve bar. White bar next to your portrait (easy to miss). When it's full and you will cancel enemy stun using ability you have immunity for quite some time (not 10 min but still).
After that every one of enemy stun attacks don't work on you. Read this:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=61363
REMEMBER: People in PVP don't hate you. They just want you dead :-)
Stun Wars: Just Stun Republic

xaven_
02.14.2012 , 05:51 AM | #8
Being permanently stunned is not possible due to the resolve bar thingy.

Fact > Perception

AMZERO
02.14.2012 , 06:06 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by xaven_ View Post
Being permanently stunned is not possible due to the resolve bar thingy.

Fact > Perception
Never said permanently just said back to back to back and it dose happen

svartalfimposter
02.14.2012 , 06:12 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AMZERO View Post
Yea I am a trooper and I get stunned to death back to back to back and cant even get a shot off.
Firstly, I agree with the OP, the chain-stunning in SWTOR is horrible.

Secondly, it's not just stun, it's the combination of interrupt, insta-stealth, stun, mezz and knockback. Each of these things means less time doing things and more standing around looking stupid.

I can see that these tools make for interesting gameplay, but when some classes have more of these tools than others, then it is severely unfun to play the class which is lacking. This is why I have sympathy with my fellow troopers.
Quote: Originally Posted by killgorde
a great PvP game requires the devs only to facilitate and improve the environment within which the players themselves create their own content.