Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Random Opponents

UJIE
02.14.2012 , 01:11 AM | #1
The introductory voiceover (by the commentator) when u enter Huttball talks about how sides are chosen at random. If you could only cue solo for pvp matches this might actually be the case. At present, because team or group cuing is allowed for pvp, the sides are anything but random. Pre-form teams ruin pvp for everyone else and undermine the wider player base. At present, almost every game has a pre-form team on one side and most of the other people just leave.

I understand that some people want to play with their friends or guild so why not create an elite pvp and a normal pvp cue. Elite pvp allows team cuing and the best teams can go up against each other. The rest of us (who I suggest make up a much larger section of the game player base) can cue solo in normal pvp and at least expect a more even contest.

Cybris
02.14.2012 , 01:16 AM | #2
your assumption is that premade=skill nothing could be further from the truth i've been in many matches as pug and beat a pre-made.

maradigamer
02.14.2012 , 01:41 AM | #3
There is never supposed to be more than four premade players per side in a match. Of course we all know that what is supposed to be and what actually is are sometimes two different things.

I shouldn't keep posting in these nerf premades threads because there are several every day, but I'm inspired by the "punish the leavers!" crowd to go ahead and post in yet another one of these threads, just because they shouldn't be the only ones flooding the forums with repeat posts day in and day out.

Podrik
02.14.2012 , 01:49 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by maradigamer View Post
There is never supposed to be more than four premade players per side in a match. Of course we all know that what is supposed to be and what actually is are sometimes two different things.

I shouldn't keep posting in these nerf premades threads because there are several every day, but I'm inspired by the "punish the leavers!" crowd to go ahead and post in yet another one of these threads, just because they shouldn't be the only ones flooding the forums with repeat posts day in and day out.
Come play on my server, 8 man premades happens maybe 4-5 times per day there. No they don't hack or exploit. It's one guild and they are friggin huge. 600+ members wich runs pvp premades all day long.. They are bound to end up together once in a while.

Quite fun to face an 8man premade at times but more often then not it's a total gankfest where they get 2-3 scores in huttball and then farm medals the rest of the game.

It will go away once rated warzones comes into play I think. Most of them are playing alts after dailys are done anyways.

yapigia
02.14.2012 , 01:56 AM | #5
what are rated warzones please????

Quantum
02.14.2012 , 02:01 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by UJIE View Post
The introductory voiceover (by the commentator) when u enter Huttball talks about how sides are chosen at random. If you could only cue solo for pvp matches this might actually be the case. At present, because team or group cuing is allowed for pvp, the sides are anything but random. Pre-form teams ruin pvp for everyone else and undermine the wider player base. At present, almost every game has a pre-form team on one side and most of the other people just leave.

I understand that some people want to play with their friends or guild so why not create an elite pvp and a normal pvp cue. Elite pvp allows team cuing and the best teams can go up against each other. The rest of us (who I suggest make up a much larger section of the game player base) can cue solo in normal pvp and at least expect a more even contest.
I partly agree, but I'm even more so against it Pre-made because it opens the door for one of the major exploits in the game at the moment.

I personally Q Solo even though much of the day I have the option of going Pre-made. Personally I'd rather play where I know everyone should be playing objectives and not playing "Cover my Buddy". I see this a good bit, I play a Anni Marauder most of the time and they are dangerous 1v1. It's not uncommon for me to find one member (usually a Healer or Powertec using Grapple) of a Pre-made off to a side setting up for his team to pass the Huttball, pull, or providing support from range, only to have 3 other people break off from the rest of the match to come save his tail as the rest of their team gets man handled by 7 members of ours.

I've even seen half a team go to defend 1 turrent in Civil War when I charge it by myself, allowing my team to cap the other two with little difficulty. Pre-mades can hurt their team just as much as help it sometimes.

UJIE
02.14.2012 , 06:37 AM | #7
The assumption that premades equate to skill is actually a mute point. Yes it is possible to beat a premade occasionally, but not for most people, most of the time. I wasnt speaking on behalf of well geared, elite level or even skilled players when I posted - all of whom represent smaller numbers of people than the general playing commuity.

Surely games like this prosper when the largest group of people - the average player base, is thriving and as large as possible. I understand that some people just want to play against elite players and that would give weight to my original suggestion of a 2 tier pvp cue.

I was however simply trying to speak on behalf of the average punter in noting that pvp is currently broken. It is (for most people, most of the time) a gank fest where well coordinated teams (probably in vent) wipe out an opposing team of random solo quers who just quit the arena. How can the average player base thrive when pvp is like this?

It would improve (for the average player) if group cuing was only allowed in elite, lets call it tier 1 pvp and solo quing was only allowed in tier 2. Wow is in decline at the moment not becoz the elite pvp gankers are leaving, (they are, but they are proportionately small in number). It is becoz the wider player base is bored. If pvp continues to be so predictable then it can only harm the growth of the game. A random solo cue makes the game closer, less predictable and more enjoyable.