Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

You QQs have no idea what real grind is

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
You QQs have no idea what real grind is

Pulpp
02.13.2012 , 08:33 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by bklynfinest View Post
Ever macro'd Eval Int or Resist Spell from 99.9-GM for months on end with no gain?

Ever camp T-Staff / Fungi Tunic for half a year?
Lightweight.

Lineage is a real grind. Koreans are nuts -- I think they are all masochists.

unclekaula
02.13.2012 , 08:37 PM | #22
Ever macro'd Eval Int or Resist Spell from 99.9-GM for months on end with no gain?

Yes

/5xleg
Flyboy Shaquandra - BM Pyro Merc - Keller's Void <RogueFive>
Flygirl China - War Hero Rage Jug - Keller's Void <Scum and Villainy >
LatoyaJackson The Merciless - BOSS Sorc - Keller's Void <Evil Bastards>

Renvious
02.13.2012 , 08:38 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by stevesetoe View Post
Let's agree to disagree.
I will always prefer FFXi over wow cause it wasn't just repeating rotations.

not to mention that most people who didn't like FFXI never experienced its endgame.
I had a 75 BRD and WHM. I experienced everything up to the 15th mission of the TOAU expansion. If I didn't have as many friends as I did in that game, I would have quit so long ago.

ComeAndSee
02.13.2012 , 08:42 PM | #24
Vanilla WoW PvP System.

Elmahra
02.13.2012 , 08:44 PM | #25
OP wasn't bragging you idiots.

Quantum
02.13.2012 , 08:45 PM | #26
Yes but even that was less of a Grind than Begging.....

FichutheDude
02.13.2012 , 08:48 PM | #27
Of course .. leveling to 50 was a pain in the butt at the beginning of DaoC. Chain Pulling the same crap for 50 hours and gaining half a level. Dying and losing all the experience you gained the last hours.

Sitting at the same spot for a week farming Malice scroll with no luck. Camping Battler for day just for the spawn to be ninja'ed. Having not enough people to do Ml raid and when you're able to do it .. after 7 hours into the raid .. someone make a mistake and the whole raid is wiped.

Waiting for group or ppl to buff you in rvr because you play late due to your job. Wasting hundred of hours clicking the same to level your spellcrafting. participating in raid for 10 hours and winning nothing. Trying to level Magery has your first character ever in UO and getting ganked by Pk who steal all of your hard earned ingot..

been here done that.

Calei
02.13.2012 , 08:56 PM | #28

Only a human being that strongly disrespects himself and doesn't value his time would subject himself to that level of stupidity.

Laoi
02.13.2012 , 09:05 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by KronikInsomniak View Post
Yes be proud that you sank so much of your irl time into something so mindless. I never get why people brag about this stuff, you are so proud you grinded some terribly designed grindfest game, gee that sounds like so much FUN.
Op has a point. back in the days mmo were a niche genre which only real hardcore players played. then wow came and with it all the newschool kids and since that very day 7 years ago they have done nothing but pollute and destroy the genre with their noobish "i want it now" mentality. back then mmos required skill and commitment, u wanna be a pro? u had to be talented and work hard for it. nowadays there is no skill required, no archievement, every bad can get everything the game has to offer within first month. i mean just look at swtor. one and a half month in like everyone is running around in full set of best gear in the game and some are nearly valor cap. back in daoc half year into the game highest rr on the #1 server in the world excalibur was like rr7. however daoc had it worked out perfectly, u could farm galla, TG etc for some neat drops but they werent mandatory for pvp (which basically is all that matters in mmos) there was no gear rewards in pvp either. you only gained realm ranks which u could get abilities for. and gaining ranks took a long time, atleast at release.
during classic era the 2 guys with the fastest rr10 in the world were in my guild. it took them roughly 42 days /played. this was all long before ToA, it took averageJoe ALOT longer. id feast on the tears on this forum if it took even half as long to get to valor 60 in swtor.

Skapek-Skocap
02.13.2012 , 09:06 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Redbeaver View Post
QQ is a verb, not a noun.
QQ is all.
Aka'an Tal - The Mandalorians - Bounty Hunter
-- Verda kat'taylir nass be trattok'o - A warrior knows nothing of defeat - Mand'alor the Indomitable --
Arsenal Mercenary - The Best Class in PvP since the Mandalorian Wars
Spoiler