You QQs have no idea what real grind is

bklynfinest

I had a 75 BRD and WHM. I experienced everything up to the 15th mission of the TOAU expansion. If I didn't have as many friends as I did in that game, I would have quit so long ago.

75BRD and WHM. No wonder you didn't like it.

2 of the most useful classes but that's all you'll ever be with those classes.

I had a 75RDM, 75 KC DRK and 75 WAR.

RDM being the most useful class, it was also the least boring class.

CC this, heal that, DPS that, remove debuff from allies, buff allies while kiting this.

All in one package. Seriously best fun I've ever had.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been there, I had magic resist in the high 90's, don't remember if I ever made gm in my 2 years in ultima but I didn't play to level, I played to play.

Killed a billion quenkers on a permadeath jedi too in another galaxy, that was tedious. They changed the system when I was one box off grand master.

Op has a point. back in the days mmo were a niche genre which only real hardcore players played. then wow came and with it all the newschool kids and since that very day 7 years ago they have done nothing but pollute and destroy the genre with their noobish "i want it now" mentality. back then mmos required skill and commitment, u wanna be a pro? u had to be talented and work hard for it. nowadays there is no skill required, no archievement, every bad can get everything the game has to offer within first month. i mean just look at swtor. one and a half month in like everyone is running around in full set of best gear in the game and some are nearly valor cap. back in daoc half year into the game highest rr on the #1 server in the world excalibur was like rr7. however daoc had it worked out perfectly, u could farm galla, TG etc for some neat drops but they werent mandatory for pvp (which basically is all that matters in mmos) there was no gear rewards in pvp either. you only gained realm ranks which u could get abilities for. and gaining ranks took a long time, atleast at release.

during classic era the 2 guys with the fastest rr10 in the world were in my guild. it took them roughly 42 days /played. this was all long before ToA, it took averageJoe ALOT longer. id feast on the tears on this forum if it took even half as long to get to valor 60 in swtor.

Wow.

Just. . .

This is a COMPUTER GAME. Emphasis on G A M E.

NOT Slave labor!

_Real_ achievement is starting your own business, graduating college, raising a kid, mastering a sport or a musical instrument. No MMO ever made can compare to any of these activities in terms of "work" or "commitment." MMO's (ALL of them, even Eve and UO) are designed to create the _feeling_ of achievement. But it's bogus, sugar, candy coated fluff - not the real deal. Let's face it - with a computer game, you progress by _sitting on your a ss in front of a screen, clicking buttons_. No one is forced to play computer games (except for Asian gold slaves I guess) . . . they are leisure activities. People who boast about their "hard work attitude" in this or that game deserve pity, not respect.

"Oh man, that guy is awesome - he sat on his butt for a year grinding XP. What a role model!"

Give me a frackin' break. Get a life.

Wow.

Just. . .

This is a COMPUTER GAME. Emphasis on G A M E.

NOT Slave labor!

_Real_ achievement is starting your own business, graduating college, raising a kid, mastering a sport or a musical instrument. No MMO ever made can compare to any of these activities in terms of "work" or "commitment." MMO's (ALL of them, even Eve and UO) are designed to create the _feeling_ of achievement. But it's bogus, sugar, candy coated fluff - not the real deal. Let's face it - with a computer game, you progress by _sitting on your a ss in front of a screen, clicking buttons_. No one is forced to play computer games (except for Asian gold slaves I guess) . . . they are leisure activities. People who boast about their "hard work attitude" in this or that game deserve pity, not respect.

"Oh man, that guy is awesome - he sat on his butt for a year grinding XP. What a role model!"

Give me a frackin' break. Get a life.

HAHAHA, you nailed it

this needs to be shoved in the face of teh "grind elitists". Always remember, doing stupid things for months does not make them less stupid.

Much love for my T-Staff. How about Griffen Eggs, or the VT Key? Remember how long it took to get the Cleric Epic (Was like a week long camp for a guild). My Father in Law once bound in Fear - I think I counted over a hundred corpses at one point, they were literally dotting the landscape LMAO.

I hear yah man, and I have great memories of EQ, but the grind in EQ was a pointless time sink and not fun. The new Champion Bag system in TOR is a pretty well balanced grind.

Edited by Torcer

HAHAHA, you nailed it

this needs to be shoved in the face of teh "grind elitists". Always remember, doing stupid things for months does not make them less stupid.

The next generation of gamers will be making fun of you for using a mouse and keyboard to play games.

LOL GAMES ARE ACTUALLY INTERACTIVE. GET OUT OF THE COMPUTER CHAIR NERD. LOL A MONITOR? KEYBOARD AND MOUSE? WHAT A NUISANCE GET A LIFE.

Moral of the story: people will always take convenience for granted.

Edited by fredsaase