Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Magic PvP Sugestion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Magic PvP Sugestion

ntyzor
02.13.2012 , 09:33 AM | #1
Hello hope that someone takes a look at this. I don't know if it should be posted here .

Seeing all the opposite opinions from the forums regarding the current state of PvP at level 50 from reasons that have been posted 1000 times now ( people that geared up before bag change patch vs people that are gearing after ) i thought of this great simple system .

Make it possible that the games are balanced in terms of gear rating . For example Centurion gear is level 126 , Battlemaster is 140 .

In Warzones match up teams in such a way that the sum of Best In Slot items from the inventory's of the players that are moved from queue in the Warzone are split almost equal between the 2 teams contesting .

For example if a team has an average gear rating of 136 it can be matched vs another team that has an average gear rating of anywhere from 135 to 137 .

This way we will see warzones that are an infinite time more balanced, and skill will make the difference in PvP again , as it did in the lower bracket 10-49 .

People will stop complaining about constantly loosing to BM geared opponents, and not doing their daily/weekly , and everyone will be happy once and for all .

What do you guys think ?!

Department
02.13.2012 , 09:53 AM | #2
They have already stated in the Q&A that there would be a better matchmaking system in 1.2. No one knows how it will work.

Damedius
02.13.2012 , 10:13 AM | #3
It's not a bad idea honestly. Have all your equipment averaged into a hidden gear score. Should save some misery for those that aren't as meticulous as others about gearing.

Adrira
02.13.2012 , 01:55 PM | #4
Hard to have it,
put full green stuff, go in warzorne, change to full battlemaster when inside the BG

Kanthric
02.13.2012 , 02:24 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Adrira View Post
Hard to have it,
put full green stuff, go in warzorne, change to full battlemaster when inside the BG
Two obvious solutions:

1) Create a variation of the 'flagged for combat' which is 'flagged as inside warzone'. It wouldn't affect typical out-of-combat items / abilities, but would prevent you changing gear.

2) Lock down the character's equipment once in a warzone or in a warzone queue, and only allow changes once the player is out of queue.

darthtoph
02.13.2012 , 02:40 PM | #6
Here is some magic for ya; give us something to aim for, plain and simple. In the current state of the game there is nothing to achieve, nothing to aim for, nothing to do. PvP is useless, PvE is useless, even guilds are useless other than serving as secondary friend lists.

See how easy it is? But no, BW has to spend more time "innovating" industry standards. By innovate I mean break rofl.
I don't judge a game by how old or new it is, I judge it by what it is when it is presented to me.

General_Koala
02.13.2012 , 04:45 PM | #7
I like the idea.

Might have to make Warfronts cross-server for a big enough pool;

otherwise wait times for gear matched games could be a while for some of the higher and lower ended people.

ntyzor
02.13.2012 , 10:24 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Adrira View Post
Hard to have it,
Impossible , if you played the other game, you probably know that some heroic dungeons require x item rating to join the queue for them. The game calculates your gear rating depending on Best In Slot items from character + backpack + bank. So you can't beat the game.

CaBhaal
02.14.2012 , 12:46 AM | #9
Won't matter in the if people stack up into premades and queue. Still end up with BM's on one side and the other side getting the short end.

ntyzor
02.14.2012 , 05:27 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CaBhaal View Post
Won't matter in the if people stack up into premades and queue. Still end up with BM's on one side and the other side getting the short end.
no they won't ... if there won't be a match for them ... they just won't find a match simple as that ... or they'll find it when a team with equivalent gear will be in the queue on the other side