Dont take vote kick away.

septru

This is just dumb. at this point there will be nothing to keep these guys out. 2k dps. 222ilvl. 3k hps. does nothing. "hi. this is my first time in pvp ". no set bonus or tactical. It's getting old.

You know. I'd be happy if you took vote kick away if that meant we would finally get some real obstacles from keeping these guys queing. Something more than just valor rank 25 which can be obtained from five regs games.

Edited by septru

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just dumb. at this point there will be nothing to keep these guys out. 2k dps. 222ilvl. 3k hps. does nothing. "hi. this is my first time in pvp ". no set bonus or tactical. It's getting old.

You know. I'd be happy if you took vote kick away if that meant we would finally get some real obstacles from keeping these guys queing. Something more than just valor rank 25 which can be obtained from five regs games.

Of course someone that abuses the vote kick feature to deliberately troll people doesn't want it taken away. So shocking.

Of course someone that abuses the vote kick feature to deliberately troll people doesn't want it taken away. So shocking.

Caecus grow up. ur not a saint. even you get tired of the rpers that role into ranked for 1 game and get globaled without popping any cds.

Caecus grow up. ur not a saint. even you get tired of the rpers that role into ranked for 1 game and get globaled without popping any cds.

Yes I do, but I also recognize that kicking them is often a complete waste of time, as well as counterproductive. I've been in tons of games where people wanted to kick, and I just politely told the person to gear up before queueing again, and the person agreed and stopped queueing. Vote kicking should be used as an absolute last resort, not a knee jerk reaction out of frustration.

But you're too immature to understand that. You just get angry and lash out like a child. And you tell me to grow up rofl. Compared to you, I am a saint. I've never abused the vote kick feature or wintraded (or "hacked" lmao).

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Well it does not surprise me that always the same people defend this Arena PvP mess with all its garbage mechanics which can be abused very easy.

Such thing never happened with 8v8 sorry guys i know the truth can be very annoying.

7+ years of garbage Arenas and there are still so many flaws to abuse the System, play unfair, balancing etc...

- flyhack arenas by Jee**e

- acid stealth abuse for years

- only 1 OP class Combination with each balancing Patch =no diversity

- wintrading Services by Ly**a

- vote kicking

- throwing

- decreasing Population

Are you f***ing kidding me to STILL defend this garbage or its mechanics at this point?

Btt: Vote kicking only works properly with x-server.

If it stays like this, this little ranked cartel community will just vote Kick new/Bad Players they dont like to play with so those new Players are not able to ruin those cartel kids rating

Edited by Tharianus

It's a solo queue problem...Remove vote kick.

At its core a solo queue system is for everyone if they meet the requirements...It's not your call if they get to play. If you are worried about your rating don't solo queue.

I get people that complain about raising the minimum requirements...But not removing vote kick. Vote kick is abused so badly I think some people think its a built in griefing tool.

I don't know why, but Star Forge is the worst server for solo ranked in terms of randos. On DM, the rando's havea clue about their class. On SS, the randos played ranked 4 years ago or played regs for a good amount of time. Only on SF do you get complete rpers that press 1 ability every 10 seconds.

And the **** matchmaking changes in s10 does nothing to put them in their own games. It doesn't matter if you are 1700 and the thrower is 500 rated, you will always get them on your team. Ever since s10 mathcmaking has been god awful.

I get people that complain about raising the minimum requirements...But not removing vote kick. Vote kick is abused so badly I think some people think its a built in griefing tool.

You know what the real grief is? Them queing when they are not ready for ranked. Ruining the game for everyone else on their team. When they have 220ilvl, when they do 2k dps, when they get globaled without popping dcds 2 games in a row, how is that not griefing the rest of the team?

At its core a solo queue system is for everyone if they meet the requirements...It's not your call if they get to play. If you are worried about your rating don't solo queue.

At this point, none of us care about our rating. None of us believe that ELO is an accurate reflection of skill. We que for fun, competitive, challenging games. Do you know what we get instead? 10 games in a row of a random thrower that will 100% unwinnable. When the other team has 4 half way competent players, and you have 3 amazing players and 1 bot, you will always lose. When you get these guys in your game there is no difference from stucking right outa the gate, and dying at the end of the match. The outcome can be easily predicted when you just open their character pane and see that they have no set bonus and all green gear.

Like I said before, I would welcome removing vote kick if that meant increasing the barriers to que. None of us enjoy vote kicking these players. We do it in the desperate attempt that the next game will be competitive. But when a player loads into the game and doesn't have a tactical, or has the garbage entry level tactical that you get from the story when you hit level 75, the games are not fun for any of us.

Edited by septru

Great effort, too comedic to be taken seriously though.

5/10 lolol

I've never abused the vote kick feature or wintraded (or "hacked" lmao).

On the off chance your not completely pulling this **** out of your ***... what are you talking about? When did I wintrade or hack?

On the off chance your not completely pulling this **** out of your ***... what are you talking about? When did I wintrade or hack?

You wintraded this season on ss and everyone knows it... Not to mention your past shenanigans with Astor and his pals. And I mentioned "hacked" because a few days ago you said you had screenshots of me hacking in a ranked match rofl.

Well it does not surprise me that always the same people defend this Arena PvP mess with all its garbage mechanics which can be abused very easy.

Such thing never happened with 8v8 sorry guys i know the truth can be very annoying.

7+ years of garbage Arenas and there are still so many flaws to abuse the System, play unfair, balancing etc...

- flyhack arenas by Jee**e

- acid stealth abuse for years

- only 1 OP class Combination with each balancing Patch =no diversity

- wintrading Services by Ly**a

- vote kicking

- throwing

- decreasing Population

Are you f***ing kidding me to STILL defend this garbage or its mechanics at this point?

Btt: Vote kicking only works properly with x-server.

If it stays like this, this little ranked cartel community will just vote Kick new/Bad Players they dont like to play with so those new Players are not able to ruin those cartel kids rating

Don't write such things. You will be called delusional when you write the truth here on these forums.

I share this sentiment 100% btw.

The only way ranked ever improves is when MikeB convinces the upper echelon dev designers that the present format is and has been a failure for years. It's polluted by years of routine cheating and bad habits including most recently, vote kicking to further manipulate match outcomes.

I honestly don't know what it takes for BW and even MikeB to recognize the systemic issues that are dooming ranked year after year. The game mode has only worsened, worsened over the years! That's saying something, because truth is since 4s been introduced they never had a solid system in place, not from the start!

There's always been far too many holes and gaps in the scoring that get exploited. Whether it's wintrades, vote kicks, match throws, there's so many ways players have spent time working on how to cheat without getting caught.

I honestly believe there's probably even other methods these guys cheat to get ELO and whatever else it is they seem to need for their personal "achievements." We only find out about some of the features and details the cheaters use to manipulate the scores in ranked over time, often many methods were used long before they were exposed to the average player.

There are people that have nothing better to do with their time than figure out every loophole in the scoring system of ranked SWTOR to cheat it, just so they can get ahead of others. That's just the sad truth of the matter.

It's time to simplify the scoring system, make it so it's far less easy to cheat, make it so the system is harder to cheat and make it so the contest is easier to manage, maintain. Right now, there's just way too many moving parts and BW is incapable of managing it all to make the contest a fair AND fun one.

You wintraded this season on ss and everyone knows it... Not to mention your past shenanigans with Astor and his pals. And I mentioned "hacked" because a few days ago you said you had screenshots of me hacking in a ranked match rofl.

I'll keep this short so that I don't derail this thread even more...

How does everyone know I wintraded on SS? Because you were playing on SS? Because they were playing on SS? Because you have screenshots of my wintrading? Because you have evidence of my wintrading? I welcome you to send that evidence to MikeB. If you believe my top3 is illegitamate, the link to report me is pvpreports@swtor.com.

As for "Astor and his pals" I have no idea what this means. I can only imagine what you are going to say next shows how little you know about the ranked community.

Anyways, I await your deep, academically analyzed post about the actual subject of this thread "vote kicking."

Edited by septru

The only way ranked ever improves is when MikeB convinces the upper echelon dev designers that the present format is and has been a failure for years. It's polluted by years of routine cheating and bad habits including most recently, vote kicking to further manipulate match outcomes.

Llance at this point, no one left on the forums takes you seriously. You have been hyperbolizing the same "ranked conspiracy theories" for a couple months now, without any shred of evidence about what you speak of, without any games played in solo ranked or group ranked, without any personal experience, without an actual understanding of the game mode, without any actual skill yourself.... etc.

At some point you have to realize you're sitting in a circle in the corner of the room with 3 other radical fanatics who haven't shaved in weeks because you are obsessively singing hymns about Solo Ranked and starring at the wigi board hoping the devs will listen to your cries about the "seismic cesspool of ranked pollution." No one else is listening to you.

I'll keep this short so that I don't derail this thread even more...

How does everyone know I wintraded on SS? Because you were playing on SS? Because they were playing on SS? Because you have screenshots of my wintrading? Because you have evidence of my wintrading? I welcome you to send that evidence to MikeB. If you believe my top3 is illegitamate, the link to report me is pvpreports@swtor.com.

As for "Astor and his pals" I have no idea what that means. Please don't associate me with Astor. You will notice he was banned. I am not.

Your scoundrel on SF with 147 wins: 1234. Your op on SF with 236 wins: 1190. Those ratings are an accurate reflectoin of your skill in solos from what I've witnessed myself.

Then suddenly a few weeks ago you get over 100 wins and shoot up to 1700 over the course of a few days on a server that had been nearly dead virtually the whole season. All of that combined with actual reports of people from ss that you wintraded. None of this takes a rocket scientist to figure out.

Anyways, I await your deep, academically analyzed post about the actual subject of this thread "vote kicking."

I've already made my thoughts on vote kick quite clear, I shouldn't have to repeat them constantly. It should be removed because it is being abused very frequently, including by you, and you know this.

Vote kick can be used for good when someone is trolling the queue on purpose, which yes, can sometimes be undergeared players, but right now the costs of vote kick do not nearly outweigh the benefits. As I've also said, I'm in favor of a minimum 306 gear requirement to enter ranked which should alleviate that problem considerably.

There's a more important point to be made here though, for not just you but for all of the people that jump at the chance to kick people at the earliest opportunity. People need to learn to take losses better and move on. I understand the frustration of bad teammates as well as anyone. It's part of the game. Even though the kicks are sometimes legitimate, this impulse to just kick the moment someone doesn't live up to your expectations is immature nonsense. And I'm not just talking big on the forums, I'm spoken out against excessive kicking in game throughout the entire season.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Your scoundrel on SF with 147 wins: 1234. Your op on SF with 236 wins: 1190. Those ratings are an accurate reflectoin of your skill in solos from what I've witnessed myself.

Then suddenly a few weeks ago you get over 100 wins and shoot up to 1700 over the course of a few days on a server that had been nearly dead virtually the whole season. All of that combined with actual reports of people from ss that you wintraded. None of this takes a rocket scientist to figure out.

Oh cool. So all your evidence is circumstantial. You could have just said that and I could have explained the circumstances:

On SS the que is very much different than SF. First off there are rarely tank/healer matches. That means that classes like decep sin, and conc operative are much stronger and much more viable than classes like pt, ling sorc, merc, and sniper which shine in tank/healer matches. Conc operative is my main class, btw. Additionally, players on SS are on average, worse than SF. It is easier to farm and carry, especially when they try to reroll operative and have no idea what they are doing.

As opposed to that, on SF I have been playing healer and lethality, most of the time in tank/healer matches. I'm not bad at those two specs, but most of my games are against other players that are just as good, if not better at me at those two specs.

Also just btw, I did not get top 3 in a couple of days. It took me about 4 weeks to get from 1300 with 100 games played to 1700 with 200 games played. If you qued SS solo ranked during those 4 weeks maybe you could have seen that and had actual first hand accounts to the matter which you speak of instead of relying on circumstantial, second hand accounts.

Again I welcome you to send your circumstantial evidence to Mike B. I wish in the next monthly report he dedicates a little section just to you: "Dear Caecus, We have looked into your reports about player Prum..." That way you can stop posting untrue suspicions based on 0 fact.

Vote kick can be used for good when someone is trolling the queue on purpose, which yes, can sometimes be undergeared players, but right now the costs of vote kick do not nearly outweigh the benefits. As I've also said, I'm in favor of a minimum 306 gear requirement to enter ranked which should alleviate that problem considerably.

There's a more important point to be made here though, for not just you but for all of the people that jump at the chance to kick people at the earliest opportunity. People need to learn to take losses better and move on. I understand the frustration of bad teammates as well as anyone. It's part of the game. Even though the kicks are sometimes legitimate, this impulse to just kick the moment someone doesn't live up to your expectations is immature nonsense. And I'm not just talking big on the forums, I'm spoken out against excessive kicking in game throughout the entire season.

I agree with you. I think vote kick is abused in some situations. A better system would be great. But I know, like you know, that Bioware is not going to put in the effort to reading player feedback. They are going to either remove it entirely, or not remove it at all. And removing it entirely will be 1000x worse than not removing it at all.

As for your second point, I also agree with you. I think solo ranked is dying, as evidenced by it not popping on SF or SS for the past couple days. Most of this could be fixed by resisting the impulse, like you said, to stop kicking everyone that is bad. But when every single game last night is ruined by 1 rper because Bioware's matchmaking system is broken and puts the bad players in high rated games, it can be exhausting. Many players feel like they need to take matters into their own hands. "They need to regulate the que because Bioware won't." And I don't blame them.

Oh cool. So all your evidence is circumstantial.

Circumstantial evidence is still evidence, and it can still be used to prove guilt or liability if there is enough of it. And just because I personally don't have direct evidence doesn't mean that that evidence doesn't exist. I haven't accused anyone else of wintrading this season by the way (except one jugg tank early in the season).

And removing it entirely will be 1000x worse than not removing it at all.

How will it be 1000x worse exactly? It wastes a ton of time and it only gives them a 5 min cooldown.

As for your second point, I also agree with you. I think solo ranked is dying, as evidenced by it not popping on SF or SS for the past couple days. Most of this could be fixed by resisting the impulse, like you said, to stop kicking everyone that is bad. But when every single game last night is ruined by 1 rper because Bioware's matchmaking system is broken and puts the bad players in high rated games, it can be exhausting. Many players feel like they need to take matters into their own hands. "They need to regulate the que because Bioware won't." And I don't blame them.

I share in the frustration, but I do blame people for excessive kicking (and again, you're one of them, so I don't know why you seem to be excluding yourself by saying it's "them"). People need to learn some self control. Also, you say 1 rper was ruining the queue. Were you kicking him? If so, did that stop him from ruining the queue? People can just wait out the 5 min cooldown and queue again, and if the queue is taking a long time anyway, sometimes the person being kicked will be in every game anyway. You seem to think that something is actually being accomplished when people are getting kicked, but I don't think there is.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

A lot of these problems stem from the scoring system. If people didn't lose 20 points a match but only gain 10 from a win, they wouldn't be as upset about losses.

Solo ranked really needs a system like zero points for a loss, 1-3 points for a win

Edit: I would actually queue solo ranked again if I didn't have to play the meta game of who else is on and queuing

Edited by Shirvington

You know guys, instead of arguing over one feature or bandaid won’t fix the swamp that ranked has devolved too.

Remove vote to kick, but add and fix other things too and that will lesson the impact of illegitimate players being in there that need to be kicked.

Ie, make Valor a legacy stat and then make it so you need 80 Valor (only an example) to get into ranked. Then add a gear gate of some sort. And overhaul the scoring / elo / ranking system.

Do all of those things still won’t fix ranked, but it would be a damn site better

This bickering is pointless

Edited by TrixxieTriss

You know guys, instead of arguing over one feature or bandaid won’t fix the swamp that ranked has devolved too.

Remove vote to kick, but add and fix other things too and that will lesson the impact of illegitimate players being in there that need to be kicked.

Ie, make Valor a legacy stat and then make it so you need 80 Valor (only an example) to get into ranked. Then add a gear gate of some sort. And overhaul the scoring / elo / ranking system.

Do all of those things still won’t fix ranked, but it would be a damn site better

I have a feeling in a year or less BW will drop something on ranked. It's just time. It's a dead game mode that could be fun and active, so it doesn't make sense leaving it "as is." They literally have nothing to lose. lol.

This approach is sensible and any true fix is going to be more than just removing vote kick...Its one of several things they have discussed. No matter what happens people are deathly afraid of change even if it could lead to a better game mode down the road.

What we are seeing now regarding ranked is panic posts from people that have a lock on the current system.

A multi angle approach to bringing ranked to a wider audience is a good thing...Right now it's appeal is akin to a dirty toilet in a dive bar.

I used to PvP exclusively for years in SWToR but moved away from it as the community changed after multiple server merges.

I agree with you. I think vote kick is abused in some situations. A better system would be great. But I know, like you know, that Bioware is not going to put in the effort to reading player feedback. They are going to either remove it entirely, or not remove it at all. And removing it entirely will be 1000x worse than not removing it at all.

Interesting theory about rating and matchamking.

One of my marauder characters fell down to rock bottom 960 elo or something and I quit playing ranked for a couple months. Motivated by the furios rewards(which it seems we won't be getting), I decided to que again and try to get tokens. To my surprise in the first days I actually climbed more than 200 points close to 1200 , but I noticed something weird: I started getting into really bad teams.lf there was an instant dying PT in que or bad healer , I always got him with me and I started losing more games and now it's really challenging to actually keep steadily climbing .

So your theory about matchmaking could be right or my experience was just a random occurrence. :D

I've been in multiple matches this season where the people defending vote kick in this thread have used it not to remove a player who was undergeared/underperforming but to remove a player they didn't like.

I have seen them vote kick a player on their team right before winning (that's not just griefing but also elo manipulation)

I have been in discord with those kicked and those doing the kicking and have heard the conversations and seen the streams.

Vote kicking is constantly abused. It should be removed in favor of minimum gear requirements (306 and a set bonus)

The percentage of the time that vote kicking is used properly is at best 50% and that's being optimistic