2.5 Class changes are up!

Morde_

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this in the PvP forum but I'll copy paste it here:

I think it's a good start!

For years we've been telling Bioware that it's much, much better to do small, incremental, continuous balancing rather than their previous strategy of one massive "balance" patch per year.

If they continue to follow this streamlined approach with a small balance patch like this every month or two, that would be ideal for long term balance.

In this patch they addressed some big issues (like undying rage) and it's likely they'll add more.

If this is the only balancing we see over the next 6 months, then that will be a mistake and this patch will be a disappointment. If they follow this pattern and do this every month, it will be a great success.

Edited by Morde_

Glad to see they're doing class balance changes slowly instead of all at one time which we have to put up with for 3-6 months at a time depending on how bad it is but also sad to see they're removing an ability that I personally believe only somewhat good Operative healers were using anyways so whatever i guess, Overall it's a small improvement and a baby step in the right direction. :)

It would be better if they weren't incompetent. You realize that Dark Maul is going to become the best spec in the game?

Scrappers are now the worst spec in the history of this MMO.

Marauder change is meh. They had a good change and a bunch of nerfs.

Vengeance was the only "Okay" buff. However, their CC immunity plus Root could be OP.(Too early to tell IMO).

It might as well be. Read up on how to play dark maul.

nah, shut up plz.

also with regards to eric's post:

while i do feel this is a very good step in this game's balancing issues...i dont see why they couldnt have thrown sorcs a bone. and i mean a small bone. sorc heals are still not as good as ops and mercs are just lol. why not throw us a little bit of a buff and see how it goes? who's it gonna hurt? while they mitigate the screaming with this promise of more frequent balancing, dont forget that they screwed an entire class over for a good amount of time. think about arena teams that have a sorc healer. now that guy is either gonna have to reroll op and waste time, or hes gonna have to go dps and find another op healer. then what happens when sorc heals become viable again? its just really inconsiderate of a group of players is my main point here.