Scrapper 1v1 - Feedback Requested

MelliMelon

This is mostly for me to organize my thoughts, but if you see something here that you know doesn't work against your class, I would really appreciate some tips. Sorry for generalizing on the classes I am less familiar with. And yes, this is assuming I have all my CDs up, guarding or attacking a node 1v1.

My biggest weakness atm is tanks, shadows (hybrids), and scrappers.

ALWAYS defensive screen before combat!

Sorc DPS

Kick: Any time, though preferably right as they use force speed if possible.

Dodge: When affliction and Crushing Darkness are on you or when you plan on using DA. Rest of their attacks are force so the point is moot.

Disappearing Act: When you use dodge. Otherwise you'll just be put in combat due to affliction.

CC break: Save your CC break until they force lift you, otherwise they can just heal up during the full mez. If they are putting dots on you, however, you can use it on the 4s, since the mez would break.

Flash Grenade: Whenever. If they broke your kick, use this to heal up.

Other: I don't play many of these guys 1v1.

Assassin DPS/tank

Kick: Whenever they are NOT using Resilience.

Dodge: Use dodge right when they pop their slow. Will prevent kiting.

Disappearing Act: Ideally when they pop Resilience. Try to trick them so they don't aoe you out.

CC break: Break the 4 second stun.

Flash Grenade:Whenever not in resil.

Other:I hate these guys. Use a flurry/sabo charge combo when they pop Resil.

Marauder Anni

Kick: Save your kick for their ravage, hoping they'll break it.

Dodge: Save your dodge for when you need to use stealth. These dots are nasty.

Disappearing Act: Ideally when they popped their god mode, but hard to time with all their dots. Maybe just easier to use it after dodge for extra burst.

CC break: CC break their force stasis? They can't gain much from the mez, I don't think.

Flash Grenade: Best to use when they pop godmode.

Other: Drop a UWM or KP when they pop their stealth, either giving you a free heal or forcing them out.

Marauder Carnage

Kick: Save your kick for their ravage, hoping they'll break it.

Dodge: Use dodge on the second ravage, since they root you, you can't escape it. Also could use DA.

Disappearing Act: This is good to use when they pop their stealth. Or you can using it during undying rage. Use it early though, these guys have a lot of burst.

CC break: CC break their force stasis? They can't gain much from the mez, I don't think.

Other: Drop a UWM or KP when they pop their stealth, either giving you a free heal or forcing them out.

Marauder Rage

Kick: Save your kick for their ravage, hoping they'll break it. Or use it right after an obliterate

Dodge: Use dodge on the ravage or when you have low health (dispatch). Or use it if they have force crush? Not sure when they get shockwave with.

Disappearing Act: This is good to use when they pop their stealth. Or you can using it during undying rage. Don't get lolsmashed out of it.

CC break: CC break their force stasis for sure. Makes them either lose shockwave or lose time.

Juggernaut Rage

Kick: Save your kick for their ravage, hoping they'll break it. Or use it right after an obliterate

Dodge: Use right after they use force crush to stop them getting shockwave.

Disappearing Act: Not sure when.

CC break: CC break their force stasis for sure. Makes them either lose shockwave or lose time.

Flash Grenade: No time matters much.

Other: Easiest way to fight them is to prevent their shockwaves.

Juggernaut Vengeance

Kick: If you can, time your kick right at the end of their ravage. Need to practice this.

Dodge: Use dodge on the ravage or when you have low health (dispatch).

Disappearing Act: Make sure you don't have dots! Could be funny to use when they're trying to get a leap in.

CC break: CC break as soon as you get CCed.

Flash Grenade: Just make sure they aren't immune...

Other: When you see them going for a jump, crouch and toss an UWM. They will likely wonder why the jump isn't working, else they'll run towards you to attempt to get their 4M interrupt in. Either way, you win.

Mercenary Pyro

Kick: At the beginning for your extra burst, make them panic.

Dodge: Dodge when your cleanse is on CD or if they use an Unload while your interrupt is on CD/outofrange.

Disappearing Act: Can be nice when they knock you back (watch dots)

CC break: Break their electrodart. If they mez you... I haven't seen an instamez. Maybe they have one...

Flash Grenade: Doesn't matter much.

Other: Don't let them knock you off of something. Stun for your first backblast.

Mercenary Tracermissile

Kick:When your interrupt is on CD

Dodge: Dodge unload if interrupt on CD.

Disappearing Act: Can be nice when they knock you back

CC break: Break their electrodart. If they mez you... I haven't seen an instamez. Maybe they have one...

Flash Grenade: Doesn't matter much.

Other: Don't let them knock you off of something. Stun for your first backblast.

Operative Concealment

Kick: Probably a short fight. Try to use it when your other abilities are on CD or when they're fairly low (so you don't let them use CDs)

Dodge: All tech here, so dodge a flechette round.

Disappearing Act: You're save with this one as long as you dodge their cone attack (10 meters, ranged dmg). Can be nice to pop at the end of a mez, provided they don't have full resolve. Else just use it at the beginning, I think.

CC break: Depending on the player. Probably save for flash bomb though.

Flash Grenade: Pop it right after they break your kick. If they don't break your kick, save the mez. Later, pop DA, tranq them, heal up, and if they break the tranq, pop your mez then and heal up.

Other: Idk.

Operative Lethality

Kick: You win this fight by going quick. Kick at beginning, burst them down.

Dodge: Dodge their aoe dot.

Disappearing Act: Save this for a cleanse, then immediate dodge and DA. Gotta cleanse both dots. Also, you could use this right after they hunker down.

CC break: Break their kick.

Flash Grenade: Pop it right after they break your kick. If they don't break your kick, save the mez. Later, pop DA, tranq them, heal up, and if they break the tranq, pop your mez then and heal up.

Other: Not a very 1v1 class...

Gunslinger DPS summary

Kick: They'll likely pop hunker down immediately, so wait for that to run out.

Dodge: Dodge ambush, or cleanse their dots if they're that spec.

Disappearing Act: Pop DA if they get a flybye off. You shouldn't deal with that crap.

CC break: Break the kick.

Other: Idk.

Edited by MelliMelon

Operative Concealment

Disappearing Act: They don't have aoes, so you're safe with this one.

They have AOE. Carbine Burst (Blaster Volley for Scoundrels).

But it is weapon damage within a limited frontal cone, so with Evasion/Dodge popped or a non frontal approach/escape you are safe.

Edited by Fearine

Versus Veng Juggs/Annihilation Marauders as well as PTs/BHs and Snipers/Ops, don't use Dodge to cleanse the DoTs when you've already got a cleanse that'll do it for you on 1/12 of the cool down. Always save Dodge for when you actually go for Vanish.

Tendon Blast if your friend against all fo the above when you need to heal. Don't ever NOT use it. If anything, it should be on cool down 100% of the time.

Pop Shield Probe while stealthed going in for your opener. It lasts 15s and doesn't break stealth so it is better to use it before hand to keep the cool down closer to activation when you need it again. If you're fighting a BH/Trooper, don't use it at the beginning - wait and use it until you get hit with Thermal Detonator.

Use crouch early and often. It pisses off jumpers and pullers something awful and that is always fun when you're kiting them. Watching the bad Jedi/Sith jump up and down wondering why they can't charge is just priceless and is well worth the diminished DPS from using your crappy ranged attacks.

Thought I should let you know that against a DF/Leth spec, you can't restealth. You can cleanse their DoT, but if you do so their secondary DoT kicks in and will knock you out of stealth. The only class that can fully escape DF/Leth DoTs are Shadows/Assassins as their skill provides several seconds of immunity which doesn't allow the secondary effect to kick in.

They have AOE. Carbine Burst (Blaster Volley for Scoundrels).

But it is weapon damage within a limited frontal cone, so with Evasion/Dodge popped or a non frontal approach/escape you are safe.

Ooh, didn't think of that one. Thanks.

Thought I should let you know that against a DF/Leth spec, you can't restealth. You can cleanse their DoT, but if you do so their secondary DoT kicks in and will knock you out of stealth. The only class that can fully escape DF/Leth DoTs are Shadows/Assassins as their skill provides several seconds of immunity which doesn't allow the secondary effect to kick in.

That's why I specify the Cleanse (1st dots) -> Dodge (2nd) -> DA combo (2nd two are off GCD). They dont' have more than 2 dots, right? Corrosive dart and the AoE?

Edited by MelliMelon

That's why I specify the Cleanse (1st dots) -> Dodge (2nd) -> DA combo (2nd two are off GCD). They dont' have more than 2 dots, right? Corrosive dart and the AoE?

lethality has lingering toxins, which remain after a cleanse, except as mentioned sins get a free pass. Also interrogation probe will keep you slowed and out of stealth.

I don't know what to say about the rest of the write up. It's too scripted (linear) to be accurate in WZs.

You can also use DA to get out of a ravage if need be.

DA is also also useful to escape if a 'sin-tank uses his tech immunity to prevent you from stunning him while he does the self-heal lightning. Though it's not as necessary since the assassin nerf in 1.3.

Edited by Syberduh

Finally i see a reason to get all 3 DoTS as a sniper, this will certainly be a good way to screw ops up.

Yeah you can cleanse explosive probe for sure.

If you manage to do it you are basically going to win the fight.

cleansing within 1,5 sec is not something easy to do, most of players are focused on their rotation instead of thinking reactively. Many snipers place the EP when target is mezzed. its a good way to delay damage and increase burst.

Anyway, an operative that cannot use stealth and openers to his advantage against snipers is better of not playing the class at all.