World PvP - what happend, and what is the plan?

Snoizer

When the game was released the World PvP on Ilum was chaotic to say the least. The game lagged so much that is was litteraly impossible to enjoy the world pvp. They had to do something about it, and they removed it completely, whick may have been the best decision at that time. But it cant be where the story ends, or can it?

I take for granted that BW is working on a way to optimize Ilum and in some way implement the world pvp again, if they don't I think they are making a huge mistake.

I remember doing Ilum weeklys on my former server Hex Droid when it was loosing players. For like a shoirt period of time the number of players being on Ilum was perfect, and then it was really fun.

There has to be some way of fixing the big lag that comes with those super epic battles. One suggestion I have is to make the instances smaller on Ilum than on other planets. For example, Ilum (1) maybe can hold 50 players (at the pvp area, not the daily pve area) from each faction and then the rest is put in to Ilum (2), (3) etc etc...

One thing is for sure, the world pvp must be implemented in some way or the game is gonna lose lots of subs now when GW2s WvW events is being a huge succes. I want to battle a lot of sith lords on the snowy fields of Ilum, not runing around like a werewolf with back problems shooting a bow.

I wouldnt hold my breath on World PVP now!

With the shift to F2P (which means a shift to buyable content), World PVP doesnt really fit that bill.

EA already said every 6 weeks a new warzone, new flashpoint, new ops and I think that states wonders on the future direction of game!

If there was any doubt before, its pretty clear Warzone PVP is this games official PVP and world PVP is a non issue going forward.

I wish it wasnt this way but seems to me World PVP is a dead horse now.

I wouldnt hold my breath on World PVP now!

With the shift to F2P (which means a shift to buyable content), World PVP doesnt really fit that bill.

EA already said every 6 weeks a new warzone, new flashpoint, new ops and I think that states wonders on the future direction of game!

If there was any doubt before, its pretty clear Warzone PVP is this games official PVP and world PVP is a non issue going forward.

I wish it wasnt this way but seems to me World PVP is a dead horse now.

No, the reason why they left illum alone was because of the catch up to improve the game in other aspects before implementing a more suitable world PvP system there. Previously, they mention ideas of siege tanks and walkers being used to take points in the game. Right now you just have a light show while you kill other players to complete the quest for weeklies.

There is no real end or benefit to the game. Especially with the current server imbalances to populations as mentions before. Which bioware seem intent on fixing aswell.

Personally, World PvP in TOR is no where near the caliber as in GW2 yet, but that doesn't mean they have given up.

Edited by Digimanbyte_ID

They said something about adding more content to Illum. Which probably means more bases to take over and a larger area to fight in. Illum was linear and that was the problem. It was just a zerg north and south. That's what they are fixing/changing. However, due to their focus on PVE content, which I'm almost certain is really non-existent on my server and many others, it's taking the back burner. Now, I'm almost certain that the pve to pvp ratio on my server is heavily tilted to the pvp side. The server my alt is on is the same as well... So why even bother with the pve at this point? Focus on PVP! Give us a new Illum and 3 new WZ's and you're done for at least a year BW/EA. PVE content takes longer to develop than PVP content, so make your majority base happy first! It's simple business.

I guese Ill have to play GW2 as my "world pvp game" and swtor for pve. I think BW is going to lose so much if they ignore world pvp for a long period of time.

The one real good thing GW2 has going for it right now is its WvW. SWTOR just can't match it. Not now, probably not ever, considering the limitations of the Hero engine.

I would join you in GW2 except for the fact that, aside from the WvW, the rest of the gameplay and game itself is pretty mediocre. I find SWTOR more satisfying in that regard.

always great for ganking on a pvp server. :p

no doubt. i get to stealth around, farm crafting nodes and harass the crap outta people trying to do their dailies. always an endless supply of people out there doing dailies too. once one go away, another comes right along

Makeb might be laid out in a way that encourages would PvP.

Besides "designated" areas for world PvP always end up lame. It's more fun if the conflicts happen organically.

On this note: It has been suggested that placing PVP terminals, and Vendors at the Illum bases, and each end of Outlaws Den would be a nice way to get the PvP community out of Fleet and into the fray.

This would be a very low trouble way to help fuel World PvP....BW made Fleet to much of a HUB...I feel confident in saying a large percentage of players never actually leave Fleet...THis is killing the games lived in feeling. Even on high pop servers you dont see many players out just goofing about.....EVERYTHING they need is on Fleet hence no one ever leaves it because they have to go back to access anything.

For Goodness sakes put all the Primary vendors on Fleet in the Primary cities of each planet as well....Bring the world to life and PvP with it. GET EVERYONE OFF FLEET!

It comes down to the players taking things into their own hands at this point. On The Bastion, I have to say that open world pvp is SO alive on Tatooine ... huge pub zergfest last night at a couple imp bases, Outlaw's Den has lots of people thru the day and night, I always run into my nemesis, Omo in the Den (and lose) ... imps sneaking into Anchorhead and pubs getting back at us in our bases ... So much fun and I know better than to wait for BW to make things happen for us!

It comes down to the players taking things into their own hands at this point. On The Bastion, I have to say that open world pvp is SO alive on Tatooine ... huge pub zergfest last night at a couple imp bases, Outlaw's Den has lots of people thru the day and night, I always run into my nemesis, Omo in the Den (and lose) ... imps sneaking into Anchorhead and pubs getting back at us in our bases ... So much fun and I know better than to wait for BW to make things happen for us!

Maybe its because I'm on a primarily PVE server... but how does anyone even get to Anchorhead/Mos Ila without taking the speeder transport? If you try to go to it on foot, you'll run into exhaustion zones way before you even get there. Is that sort of thing nonexistent on PVP servers?

the plan is to panic, put fingers in ears and go "lalalala no one pvps, everyone loves swtors pve and empty planets, high population server tech should resolve the problems we are having with the servers being too full at the moment" Edited by Slurmez